If you’re Mexican, a VPN for Mexico can help you deal with general issues related to Internet freedom. For example, you can change your Mexican IP address and prevent your government from tracking your browsing habits or unblock most popular geo-restricted content, like Netflix US, Hulu, and others.
Additionally, if you’re on holiday and outside Mexico City, a VPN can help you enjoy your regular content on Netflix Mexico, access local channels (Azteca Uno or Canal 5), and protect private information.
Therefore, we’ve tested at least a dozen of different providers in terms of their security, privacy, and streaming capabilities. NordVPN showed top-class performance among our other selected best VPNs for Mexico. Read on to find the full list of providers.
Top 5 best Mexico VPNs – our shortlist:
- NordVPN – overall best VPN for Mexico in 2023
- Surfshark – top-class Mexico VPN for unlimited devices
- PrivateVPN – excellent VPN for Mexico with strong security
- ExpressVPN – fast VPN with servers in Mexico
- CyberGhost – solid Mexico VPN with a specialized servers
Best VPNs for Mexico – our detailed list:
We’ve tested around 20 different VPN providers in terms of their security, performance, features, and streaming capabilities. Below you’ll find the detailed list of the best VPNs for Mexico that we’ve picked.
1. NordVPN – best VPN for Mexico overall
|Total servers/countries:||5500 servers in 60 countries|
|Servers in Mexico:||10+ servers|
|Connections per subscription:||6|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get NordVPN with 63% OFF 🔥|
NordVPN is truly the best VPN for Mexico in terms of security features, speed, and streaming capabilities. It has a huge server fleet and over 10 servers in Mexico that you can use.
Security and privacy: NordVPN ensures top-class protection by employing 256-bit AES and XChaCha20 encryption as well as a strict no-logs policy. The latter has been independently audited twice by a well-known firm, PwC.
Performance: You can connect to any of 5500 servers in 60 countries using the revolutionary NordLynx tunneling protocol. It provides blazing-fast speeds and allows you to enjoy a speedy and stable connection with a Mexican or any other server.
Features: NordVPN can not only change your Mexican IP address, but also block ads and dangerous websites with its CyberSec feature. Also, it includes all the security essentials, like a kill switch or split tunneling.
Streaming: We’ve easily unblocked Mexican Netflix with NordVPN. Additional tests showed that it can also give access to American Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and local channels, like Canal 5.
You can get NordVPN from $3.49/month with 6 simultaneous connections and each subscription includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. Alternatively, there’s an option to use a free 7-day trial on Android devices.
Learn more about it in our full NordVPN review.
- 10 Mexican servers
- AES-256 and XChaCha20 encryption
- Super-fast speeds
- Unblocks Netflix and other major streaming sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Android-only free trial
2. Surfshark – top Mexico VPN with unlimited connections
|Total servers/countries:||3200 servers in 100 countries|
|Servers in Mexico:||Not disclosed|
|Connections per subscription:||Unlimited|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get 82% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE 🔥|
Surfshark is the second best VPN for Mexico. We’ve tested its servers and enjoyed robust security and great performance on multiple devices at the same time.
Security and privacy: For protection, Surfshark uses AES-256 with XChaCha20 encryption. Also, the provider doesn’t collect any user-related data itself, except for the user ID and timestamp. But these are deleted after 15 minutes thanks to the RAM-only servers.
Performance: Since there’s WireGuard support, Surfshark provided us with a stable and fast VPN connection during our tests. Likewise, you can definitely find the best performing server among its huge offering of 3200 servers in 100 locations.
Features: You get all the necessary basics, like a kill switch, split tunneling, DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. However, there’s also an option to get the One bundle which includes a Surfshark antivirus solution for all-round protection.
Streaming: Even though the provider doesn’t disclose how many servers it has in Mexico, we’ve easily connected to one and unblocked Mexican Netflix. Other tested servers also gave access to American Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and many more platforms.
Surfshark prices start from just $2.30/month for unlimited simultaneous connections. It’s one of the most affordable providers which also offers a free 7-day trial (macOS, iOS, Android) and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark VPN review to find out more.
- Impressive server fleet
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Exceptionally fast speeds
- Offers an antivirus
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t have a free trial for Windows
3. PrivateVPN – great VPN option for online protection in Mexico
|Total servers/countries:||200 servers in 63 countries|
|Servers in Mexico:||Not disclosed|
|Connections per subscription:||10|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get PrivateVPN, now 85% OFF! 🔥|
With PrivateVPN being among the best VPNs for Mexico, you can definitely count on it to help you stay safe online. During our tests, it showed excellent protection capabilities and unblocked popular media streaming sites.
Security and privacy: PrivateVPN offers 256 or 128-bit versions and CBC or GCM modes of AES encryption for data protection. So you can easily customize the level of encryption – AES-256-GCM is the safest option. In addition, there’s a strict no-logs policy ensuring total privacy.
Performance: When it comes to speeds, this VPN might not be ideal since it doesn’t support WireGuard. However, you can achieve decent performance with OpenVPN (UDP) tunneling protocol.
Features: PrivateVPN allows you to hide your connection with the Obfuscation feature. So the Mexican government or anyone can’t even know you’re using a VPN. Other features include a kill switch and the DNS leak protection.
Streaming: Despite the fact that there are only 200 servers in 63 countries, this provider easily unblocked Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services for us. Just remember to pick the OpenVPN (UDP) protocol for better speeds.
In terms of pricing, PrivateVPN offers wallet-friendly subscriptions starting from $2.00/month for 10 devices. You can even try it risk-free with a 7-day trial or the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our PrivateVPN review for more information.
- 256-bit and 128-bit AES encryption
- Strong security features
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Wallet-friendly price
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Overall smaller server fleet
4. ExpressVPN – fast VPN with servers in Mexico
|Total servers/countries:||94 servers in 94 countries|
|Servers in Mexico:||Not disclosed|
|Connections per subscription:||5|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get ExpressVPN, now 49% OFF the 1-year plan! 🔥|
ExpressVPN is a decent VPN, and a decent option for Mexico, too. It has some servers in one Mexico location, so while some overcrowding could commence, you should still be able to enjoy good speeds and improved privacy.
Security and privacy: ExpressVPN safeguards your data by using AES-2456 encryption. A strict no-logs policy should put your mind at ease. Nothing that you do online will be logged.
Performance: the signature ExpressVPN Lightway protocol brings speed to your virtual doorstep. With it, you can enjoy a buffer-free browsing experience, as well as connect to 3000 and counting servers worldwide, including Mexico.
Features: some of the most advanced ExpressVPN features include a threat manager for dealing with online malicious activity and trackers. Other notable features are the Stealth servers for obfuscation, and a perfectly functional kill switch.
Streaming: ExpressVPN may be one of the better VPNs for streaming. During testing, it managed to unblock several Mexican streaming services, including Netflix Mexico, and a local channel like Canal 5.
ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive VPNs out there – the prices start at $6.67/month. Fortunately, you can get a free trial depending on your device, and there is also a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To learn more, read our ExpresVPN review.
- Servers in Mexico
- Good speeds with Lightway
- Advanced security features
- Premium pricing
- Not a lot of additional features
5. CyberGhost – good VPN for Mexico with specialized servers
|Total servers/countries:||9700 servers in 91 countries|
|Servers in Mexico:||50 servers|
|Connections per subscription:||7|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get CyberGhost VPN, now 83% OFF + 2 months FREE 🔥|
An adequate choice for your privacy, CyberGhost is also one of the VPN options for Mexico. It has decent speeds, good security features, and is overall an acceptable VPN for a variety of online activities.
Security and privacy: like most other VPNs, CyberGhost uses the AES-256 encryption to ensure the privacy of your data. It also has an independently audited no-logs policy, so anything that you do onine will remain private and known only to you.
Performance: CyberGhost has x servers in x countries – that’s a lot of locations to watch Netflix from. One of the server locations is in Mexico, too. The WireGuard protocol makes the connection speeds pretty good as well.
Features: the most prominent features of CyberGhost are the specialized servers, made specifically for torrenting, streaming, and gaming. Other features include the super-private NoSpy servers, as well a a kill switch and split tunneling.
Streaming: probably due to the specialized streaming servers, CyberGhost is surprisingly good at unblocking various streaming content. We managed to access local Canal 5 channel, and Mexican Netflix, along with some other streaming platforms such as Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.
The pricing for CyberGhost starts at $2.19/month. There is also a 1-day, 3-day and 7-day free trials for different device types, and you can make use of the incredibly long 45-day money-back guarantee.
You can learn more in our CyberGhost review.
- Advanced security and privacy
- Unblocks Netflix Mexico
- Specialized servers
- Apple apps have fewer features
- Speeds are not as fast
How we picked these VPNs for Mexico
In order for a VPN provider to appear on our list of best VPNs for Mexico, it had to show exceptional quality of services. During our research, we’ve used the following criteria:
- Availability of Mexican servers. If you want to access specific content for this region or simply protect your browsing activities, you’ll need to connect to a VPN server in Mexico. For this reason, all of our selected VPNs offer multiple Mexican servers for you to choose from.
- Overall server fleet. You’ll probably want to access global content from Mexico as well. Likewise, we’ve picked VPNs with huge server fleets across different countries. So you can easily unblock American Netflix and other geo-restricted streaming platforms.
- Performance and speed. During our tests, we’ve checked how fast VPN services are and selected those that delivered speedy performance. You can see real-time results with our VPN speed test tool.
- Level of security. Top VPN providers can not only help you get a Mexican IP address, but also ensure top-class security. Our picked VPNs include AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and support the safest tunneling protocol – WireGuard.
- Additional features. We’ve also picked providers that go an extra mile to offer all-round protection. For example, NordVPN is among the best VPNs with ad blockers, while Surfshark stands at the top of the list of best antivirus with a VPN included.
- Compatibility. It’s equally important that a single VPN subscription could cover all of your devices. So our selected providers offer 6, 10, or even unlimited simultaneous connections and support all major operating systems.
Why do you need a VPN in Mexico?
If you’re still not sure whether you need a VPN in Mexico, here are the main reasons why you should get one:
- Get complete online privacy. By rerouting your traffic through a secure VPN server, you can hide your real Mexican IP address and stop ISP tracking. For example, the Mexican government won’t have access to your browsing history, website preferences, and other personal details.
- Improve data security. Nowadays, information is the most valuable asset and VPNs use military-grade encryption in addition to the safest tunneling protocols to protect it from third parties. Meaning that your information won’t be exposed and vulnerable for exploitation. You can use our personal data leak checker to find out how safe it is right now if you don’t have a VPN yet.
- Access global content. Since popular streaming sites have content geo-restrictions put in place, you’re probably missing out on a lot of exciting movies and TV series that are available outside Mexico. Best streaming VPNs can help you unblock all major streaming platforms and enjoy global content.
- Watch your regular media while traveling. If you’re a frequent traveler, you have definitely noticed that you can’t watch your favorite Mexican TV shows while on holiday or a business trip. For that, a traveling VPN becomes handy – simply connect to the server in Mexico and continue with the next episode of your regular home show.
Best Mexico VPNs compared
|Servers/countries||5500+ servers in 60 countries||3200+ servers in 100 countries||200+ servers in 63 countries||3000+ servers in 94 countries||9700 servers in 91 countries|
|Mexican servers||10+ servers||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||50|
|WireGuard||Yes, an upgraded version known as NordLynx||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Audited no-logs policy||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Unblocks Mexican Netflix||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Price (lowest price per month)||3.49/month||2.30/month||2.00/month||$6.67/month||$2.19/month|
|Review||NordVPN review||Surfshark VPN review||PrivateVPN review||ExpressVPN review||CyberGhost review|
How to use a VPN in Mexico
If you’re ready to get a VPN for Mexico but not sure how to use it, here are quick steps to help you out:
- Download a top-class VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN.
- Install the VPN app on your device.
- Log in or create an account.
- Connect to a secure server of your choice.
- You’re all set.
Mexican content you can watch with a VPN
There are great Mexican telenovelas and other exclusive content only available in the country. Luckily, you can still watch your favorite shows with the help of a VPN even if you're abroad. Here is a list of Mexican content that you can access by unblocking one of the streaming services:
|Streaming platform/service||Exclusive content|
|Netflix Mexico||Daughter of the Wolf (2019), Clean (2022), Mirreyes vs Godinez (2019), Tiempo de Valientes (2005), Grand Isle (2019), The Mystery of Her (2022), Leon’s Heart (2013), and many more|
|Tubi TV||Montecristo (2006), Mientras Haya Vida (2007), Bellezas Indomables (2007), Cuando Seas Mía (2001), La Promesa (2013), Violet Perfume: No One Is Listening (2001)|
|Pluto TV||La mujer de Judas (2002), La Familia del Barrio (2013), El vengador (2009), Mi segunda vez (2009)|
|Vix TV||Marimar (1992), Teresa (2010), Amores Verdaderos (2012)|
|Disney+||Soy Luna: The Last Concert (2021), Mafalda (1992), and others|
Can I use a free VPN for Mexico?
Yes, you can use free VPN services for Mexico but there are certain limitations and security risks. For one, VPNs that come free of charge are often limited in terms of data allowance, server selection, and unblocking capabilities.
The worst thing is that unreliable free VPNs can be merely used as a disguise to distribute malware. If not, they often collect private user information and share it with third parties for monetary benefits.
However, if you’re still eager to use free services, we recommend trying Atlas VPN and Proton VPN. Even though they have data caps and can’t unblock Mexican Netflix, these are safe options to secure your daily browsing activities.
Alternatively, we’d advise reconsidering premium VPNs for Mexico. You’d be surprised how affordable they actually are considering the available features and service quality:
- NordVPN overall has 5500 servers with 10 of them in Mexico. It uses the military-grade encryption and the revolutionary NordLynx protocol to provide top-class security. Also, it’s great at unblocking Mexican and American Netflix. The prices start from $3.49/month, but you can use a free trial on Android or try it on any device with the 30-day money-back guarantee option.
- Surfshark gives unlimited simultaneous connections to protect all of your devices in Mexico or when traveling abroad. Robust security features and the fastest WireGuard protocol ensures excellent performance that you can get from $2.30/month. There’s even a free trial on Mac, iOS, and Android, as well as the 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re in Mexico, a VPN can help you remain anonymous and even access geo-restricted content, like American Netflix, Hulu, and more. All of this can be achieved with NordVPN – our best VPN for Mexico.
It has over 10 servers in Mexico, exceptionally strong security, and blazing-fast speeds. So you can easily protect your online browsing activities and enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
If you’ve already tried using a VPN for Mexico, share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Is using a VPN legal in Mexico?
Yes, VPNs are totally legal in Mexico. You can use them to secure your online activities, protect sensitive information, and remain completely anonymous while browsing. We’ve listed the top 5 best VPNs for Mexico that you can try right away.
Is NordVPN good for Mexico?
Yes, NordVPN is a good VPN to use in Mexico. It has over 10 Mexican servers and top-class security features. Your information is protected using the revolutionary NordLynx protocol, as well as AES-256 and XChaCha20 encryption. It’s also great for unblocking Mexican Netflix while traveling.
Does Mexico block VPNs?
No, Mexican citizens can legally use a VPN for additional security and enjoy unrestricted access to the internet. If you encounter any issues, we’ve prepared detailed instructions on how to use a VPN in Mexico for you.
Can I watch Hulu in Mexico with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Hulu in Mexico with the help of a reputable VPN. Install it on your device, connect to the US server, and create a Hulu account with an American payment card. If you’re not sure which VPN provider to choose, we have a detailed comparison of the best Mexico VPNs.
How can I watch US Netflix in Mexico?
If you want to watch American Netflix in Mexico, you need to download a reliable VPN, like NordVPN. Then, connect to the US server and clear your browser cookies and cache. Now, the US Netflix library should appear once you log in to your account.
How can I get a US IP address in Mexico?
You can get a US IP address with the help of a VPN. All providers included in our detailed list are great for this task. Just download and install a VPN app on your device, connect to the US server, and your IP address will show an American location.