Wondering what the best web hosting Reddit users are recommending this year? Well, we’ve read the threads, waded through the discussions, and are ready to share the best web hosting according to Reddit in 2023.
We’ll give you the consensus from real users, along with facts about pricing, performance, customer service, and more. We’ve got pros and cons on each host, helping you pick the best option for your website needs.
Ready for the best web hosting Reddit users recommend in 2023? Let’s take a look at our top 6 hosts.
Best web hosting Reddit users recommend in February 2023:
- Hostinger – best shared hosting on a budget by Reddit
- DreamHost – reliable and WordPress-oriented provider
- SiteGround – speedy and affordable business hosting
- A2 Hosting – reliable high-speed hosting by redditers
- InMotion Hosting – hosting with knowledgeable tech support
- Bluehost – easy-to-use hosting for beginners
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get 75% OFF Hostinger!
Best web hosting by Reddit 2023 – our detailed list:
After combing through countless comments sections, we’re happy to bring you the best web hosting according to Reddit. This list represents affordable and quality hosting services backed by users’ authentic praise and recommendations.
1. Hostinger – best value hosting for small sites
|Features||Free SSL, 7 data centers, LiteSpeed, caching|
|Avg. response time||511ms|
|Best for||Performance-focused cheap WordPress plans|
|Current deal||🔥Get 75% OFF Hostinger!🔥|
Hostinger is not only one of the cheapest shared hosting providers on the market, but it gets the Reddit stamp of approval. Users praise its high speeds and low costs, finding it to be one of the most affordable options that still deliver high-quality services.
Reddit users generally agree that Hostinger doesn’t overload its servers or spread its customer service too thin. Instead, this web hosting service delivers fast speeds, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, plenty of storage, and quality customer support.
And the prices are truly something eye-catching. For just $2.99/mo, the Premium plan will get you a free domain name, 100 websites, 100 GB of storage, free SSL certificates, and unlimited bandwidth, plus automated weekly backups.
While its shared hosting plans are the most popular, Hostinger also has VPS hosting, cloud hosting, Minecraft server hosting, and more.
For more information, check out our full Hostinger review.
- Very affordable pricing
- Reliable and speedy performance
- Beginner-friendly hPanel
- Knowledgeable customer support
- Lowest rates available only with 4-year subscription
2. DreamHost – best WordPress-focused web hosting
|Features||Free SSL, domain, domain privacy, automatic backups|
|Avg. response time||231ms|
|Best for||Affordable and all-inclusive WordPress hosting service|
|Current deal||🔥Get DreamHost, now 79% OFF🔥|
Reddit users have an overall positive opinion of DreamHost, noting its reliability and features for WordPress sites. With guaranteed 100% uptime, WordPress-optimized servers, and plenty of other special features, it’s no surprise that it gets some appreciation on Reddit.
DreamHost is one of the few web hosting services to be officially recommended by WordPress itself, due to its many automated WordPress updates. Plus, Reddit users seem to enjoy WordPress-based builder included with all plans.
If you’re looking for WordPress-specific hosting, you can choose between 2 shared hosting plans. DreamHost’s cheapest shared plans start at just $2.59/mo and include a free domain, an SSL, automated daily backup, and free domain privacy.
Lastly, if shared hosting is not quite what you need, DreamHost also offers VPS, cloud, managed WordPress, and dedicated hosting.
To learn more about what DreamHost has to offer, check out our DreamHost review.
- Affordable short and long-term pricing
- Free domain, SSL, domain privacy, and daily backups
- -Free site migration
- Intuitive native panel
- No staging tool
- Email isn’t included in entry-level plans
3. SiteGround – best host for small and medium-sized businesses
|Features||Staging, caching, free SSL, daily backups|
|Avg. response time||217ms|
|Best for||Business websites|
|Current deal||🔥Get SiteGround, now 80% OFF + FREE DOMAIN!🔥|
SiteGround gets a lot of recognition on Reddit for its knowledgeable customer support and overall reliability. Users consistently praise the company’s ability to solve problems efficiently and deliver quality web hosting.
SiteGround might not be everyone’s first choice – it’s designed to serve small to medium-sized businesses looking to build sites able of handling high traffic and e-commerce efficiently and safely. It isn’t the cheapest web hosting, but it is still a great value considering the high-quality service they offer.
Now talking about price, SiteGround’s shared plans start at $11.25/mo, and for that, you can expect to get 10GB of storage, free SSL, daily backups, eCommerce capabilities, and an extensive security suite. Plus, if shared hosting is too limiting for you, the provider also offers cloud hosting.
To get a more in-depth view of the provider, check out our SiteGroud review.
- Excellent customer service, even on the cheapest plan
- Strong security solutions included
- Suitable for beginners
- Staging not included with the entry plan
- Domain name not included
4. A2 Hosting – turbo-speed hosting for high-traffic sites
|Features||Free SSL, caching, DDoS protection, cPanel|
|Avg. response time||99.99%|
|Best for||Speedy website|
|Current deal||🔥Get A2 Hosting, now 72% OFF🔥|
A2 Hosting is all about speed, and Reddit users confirm that this web hosting service delivers on its promises. A2 Hosting is most known for its Turbo features, like LiteSpeed servers, Turbo cache, and NVMe SSD.
In general, Reddit users view A2 Hosting as a speedy hosting service that is quite well-suited for business sites.
Unfortunately, plans that include these Turbo features are pricier, starting at $7.99/mo. If you have a site with plenty of traffic, it could be a worthwhile investment into the said Turbo plans. On the other hand, entry-level shared hosting plans start at $2.99/mo. And they are more than powerful to support a medium-sized business site.
With A2 Hosting, you can also opt for dedicated servers, VPS hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and more.
To know more about the host, read our A2 Hosting review.
- Fast speeds on high-traffic sites
- -Free automatic backups
- -Free site migration
- Turbo features not included in cheaper plans
- -Domain name not included
5. InMotion Hosting – best choice for reliable tech support
|Features||Free SSL, emails, security features, UltraStack|
|Avg. response time||759ms|
|Best for||Fast and secure website hosting|
|Current deal||🔥Get InMotion Hosting, now 75% OFF🔥|
Reddit users seem pretty happy with InMotion Hosting, citing the company’s true technical service team, cheap prices, and overall quality. And while many old reviews might have not been in InMotion Hostings' favor, recent Reddit user opinions show that the company has done a 180.
The company has been around since 2001 and offers a good price-to-quality ratio in terms of services. Plus, there’s a very generous 90-day money-back guarantee for users to test out the waters.
Alongside its popular shared hosting the provider also has WordPress, VPS, and dedicated hosting solutions to offer.
As for the prices, InMotions’s cheapest plan starts at $2.29/mo and includes free SSL, unlimited bandwidth, multiple email accounts, a security suite, and 24/7 customer service.
If you’d like to learn more about the host, read our InMotion Hosting review.
- Affordably priced
- Excellent technical service
- Unlimited storage and email
- Automatic backups are not free
- No free domain with the entry plan
6. Bluehost – affordable hosting for beginners
|Features||Free SSL and domain, staging, CDN|
|Avg. response time||361ms|
|Best for||Ease of use and functionalities|
|Current deal||🔥Get up to 75% OFF Bluehost!🔥|
Reddit users are mixed on Bluehost. Beginners seem to enjoy its affordable prices, easy-to-use interface, and accessible Website Builder. However, more experienced users seem less impressed with Bluehost and its offerings.
Based on Reddit threads Bluehost seems like a win-or-lose situation. Some users are perfectly happy with the services they are getting.
At the same time, other users have noted that Bluehost’s customer support tends to take a while to get back to you and may not even be of use.
Despite that, the host does offer shared plans for a pretty affordable price. Bluehost starts at $2.95 and includes a domain name, SSL certificate, CDN, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. This host has 24/7 customer service and you can easily migrate an existing site to the platform.
To learn more about the host, read our Bluehost review.
- Free domain and SSL certificate
- Convenient WordPress-focused tools
- Native dashboard, +cPanel
- Data centers are located in the US alone
- Relatively small storage space
What do Reddit users rely on when offering web hosting?
So, what’s important to Reddit users when it comes to web hosting? Let’s take a look at a few of the most mentioned factors we came across:
- Server load. Reddit users are quick to criticize overloaded servers. As hosts assign more and more sites to a single server, the load times suffer. Companies that avoid this pitfall remain in the good graces of Reddit users.
- Quality customer support. Reddit users do not take kindly to unresponsive, unhelpful, or unreachable customer service. When users have a problem with their site and need help, it seems to be unforgivable if the web hosting service doesn’t deliver fast and helpful responses.
- Increased renewal rates. One of the tactics that do not sit well with Reddit users is much higher renewal rates. If after the renewal the total doubles or even triples, it gets the Reddit comments going in all the bad ways.
Why trust Reddit users and their opinions?
Want completely unfiltered product reviews? Turn to Reddit. Even though you might be reading comments by anonymous users, here are a few great reasons to trust the opinions you find:
- Authentic experiences. In a world of perfectly-worded landing pages, Reddit can feel like a breath of fresh air. Reddit users aren’t sugarcoating their real-life experiences with the product. They’ll directly say what they liked and what they didn’t.
- Democratic upvotes. Since it’s one of the most popular websites in the world, you can count on a diverse and active user base weighing in on relevant topics. The most agreed-upon comments and threads get upvoted, filtering out outlying opinions.
- Users hold companies accountable. If there was ever a data leak, scandal, or other problem with a company, Reddit users never forget. You’re sure to see this noted in the comments of any relevant thread.
- Sponsored content stands out. Companies might get the idea to pay someone to write glowing reviews on Reddit. Luckily, it’s pretty easy to spot these fake reviews. With a simple click on the user, you can see if they authentically post over time or were recently created to write these overly-positive comments.
However, it’s important not to trust these reviews blindly, as at the end of the day they might be sponsored or simply intentionally malicious.
Are all Reddit comments reliable?
No, not every Reddit comment is reliable. However, the way Reddit functions help the threads be as reliable as possible. As people share their opinions, other users are upvoting and downvoting the comments. This gives traction to posts that represent the opinion of many users.
And even if some comments seem a little suspicious, other Reddit users are already on the case. This type of outlying comment will usually be downvoted or called out. By focusing attention on upvoted comments, you’re on your way to some reliable opinions.
Of course, always use your best judgment – if something feels off about a comment, you can always check out the user. Do they have a long and diverse history of posting? Or is this their first and only post?
Legitimate accounts have usually been around for a while and have a varied posting history. If it’s a fake account, it might be recently created, barely have any posts, and might even share affiliate links.
If you suspect it’s an unreputable post, just ignore it (or downvote it) and focus on authentic experiences and opinions.
Least recommended web hosting by Reddit
It doesn’t take long on Reddit to figure out which web hosting services are generally not so favored. Let’s take a look at two of the least recommended web hosting services on Reddit.
With threads like “Is GoDaddy still bad?” and “Do yourself a favor and stay away from GoDaddy,” it’s no secret that Reddit users aren’t big on GoDaddy.
The most frequent points of distaste are the hosts' pricing structure, slow support, or simply poor services.
While there are users that have had good experiences with HostGator, this is one of the least recommended hosts on Reddit.
Users generally criticize the potential for overloaded servers (slow speed) and weak customer service. Plus, the unclear server resources are always a point of discussion.
Best web hosting subreddits to subscribe to
Web hosting subreddits are packed with valuable information. These communities can help you make your web hosting decision and get started building your site. They’re also loaded with threads where other users ask questions that you might be wondering about as well.
So, what are the best web hosting subreddits that you shouldn’t miss?
First, the Web Hosting subreddit itself (r/webhosting) is one of the best to subscribe to. With discussions on different providers, recent scandals, and troubleshooting different problems, you can dive deep into the world of web hosting on this subreddit.
For a broader subreddit that includes web hosting discussions, you can also check out the Web Geeks subreddit (r/webgeeks) and the WebDev subreddit (r/webdev). Here you’ll find plenty of opinions on web hosting services and other related topics.
Best website hosting by Reddit users: final thoughts
When it comes to the best web hosting Reddit users recommend, Hostinger and DreamHost come in at the top of the list.
If you’re on the hunt for some of the cheapest rates for your small site, then Hostinger is the best choice for you. You’ll enjoy great performance and an easy-to-use interface at a great price.
If you’re planning on building a WordPress site specifically, then Reddit users would likely send you to DreamHost. You can take advantage of their many WordPress optimizations and good performance for a very reasonable price point.
Which web hosting is best by Reddit?
is one of the best web hosting options Reddit users recommend. Since Hostinger provides quality service at some of the cheapest prices on the market, it’s no wonder Reddit users like this host. You’ll find plenty of praise on Reddit for Hostinger’s customer service and fast speeds.
Is GoDaddy worth it by Reddit?
When it comes to the overall opinion of Reddit users, GoDaddy is not worth it. Comments point to poor interactions with customer service, slow speeds, upcharges, high renewal rates, and more as reasons to stay away.
Is SiteGround worth it according to Reddit?
According to Reddit, is worth it when it comes to web hosting. Reddit users praise SiteGround’s outstanding customer service and tech support and find the hosting consistently reliable. The common shared complaint is how high the renewal rate is after the initial subscription comes to an end.