When playing Valorant, the game locks you to your specific region – if you’re in the US, you won’t be able to play against your friends in the UK. Valorant’s support team will only change your location if you were region-locked in error.
But forget all the issues related to geo-blocking and region restrictions, we have the solution to your problem right here – use a VPN to change servers in Valorant easily.
A VPN will change your IP address to a location of your choice, enabling you to set your Valorant region to anywhere you want!
Let’s find out how to change servers in Valorant with a quick guide showing you the simple steps it takes to connect a VPN.
How to change servers in Valorant with a VPN
- Get a VPN with a network of global servers. NordVPN is the top recommendation, now with 68% OFF.
- Install the VPN on the device you use to play Valorant.
- Connect to a server in the region you want to play Valorant – like North America.
- Now you can play Valorant in a completely different region!
Why do you need a VPN to change servers in Valorant?
Valorant is a free-to-play FPS that has hugely grown in popularity since its launch in 2020. Gamers all over the globe have flocked to Valorant’s multiplayer thrills, but one catch is that you can only play against people in the same region.
Riot Games, the maker of Valorant, has region-locked the game. When you first register, you must set your region (called a shard). Once that’s done, it can no longer be changed. This is to maintain server efficiency and keep competitors on similar ping rates. But it’s left a lot of gamers frustrated.
So if you want to play against your friends in another country – you’re stuck. Regardless, if you get a VPN, you can easily bypass this problem and change your location on Valorant! Not only is this great for playing against gamers in different countries, but it can also help you play Valorant at work or school, in countries where the game is blocked, and get around ISP throttling.
But before you download the first VPN you find, you should know that only top-tier VPNs are capable of improving your Valorant gaming. That’s why you need one of the following tried and tested options – they’re the very best VPN providers for changing servers in Valorant. Read on for more details.
The best VPNs to change servers in Valorant
- NordVPN – ideal VPN for changing servers in Valorant
- Surfshark – best combo of speed and value-for-money
- IPVanish – Valorant VPN you can rely on
- PureVPN – VPN with the most servers for Valorant
- PrivateVPN – customizable VPN to use with Valorant
If you want to change servers in Valorant successfully, you will need a VPN that guarantees fast and stable connections, proven security, and a global fleet of reliable servers. The following VPNs consistently deliver the best service:
1. NordVPN – the best Valorant VPN
|🖥️Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 68% OFF|
You won’t find a better Valorant VPN than NordVPN. This provider delivers top speeds, thousands of servers around the globe, and advanced privacy and security settings.
NordVPN’s 5500+ server fleet offers connections in 59 countries, so you’ll easily be able to change your Valorant server to any region of your choice.
NordVPN’s servers are also proven to bypass geo-restrictions on sites like Netflix and Disney+. When you’ve played enough Valorant, you can also unblock some region-specific streaming content.
The VPN uses the NordLynx protocol to keep its connection speeds as fast as possible, so your Valorant gaming sessions won’t be disturbed by lag or slow-down.
NordVPN’s military-grade 256-bit AES encryption protects your data, while the CyberSec feature blocks annoying pop-up ads and suspicious websites. The kill switch kicks in right away if your connection drops out.
Price plans start at $3.29 a month, very generous for such a premium product. And if you love a good deal, don’t miss out on savings with our NordVPN price-cutting coupons!
- The best Valorant VPN
- Over 5500 server connections
- Advanced security features
- Unblock streaming platforms
- 30-day money-back guarantee included
- No router app available
For a more in-depth look, read our NordVPN review today.
2. Surfshark – Valorant VPN for playing on all your devices at once
|🖥️Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 95 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Surfshark's features deliver everything you need to change servers on Valorant. Moreover, more than 3200 servers enable you to spoof your IP address to various locations in 95 countries. It means you can play Valorant in any region you want.
Surfshark’s connections are blisteringly fast. This VPN uses the WireGuard protocol to optimize its connections, so your games and streams are as smooth as possible.
Security is important to Surfshark – 256-bit AES encryption, and a lightning-fast kill switch is proof of that. So you don’t have to worry about your privacy with Surfshark on your side.
Surfshark is also ideal for streaming, so when you’re no longer playing Valorant, you can unblock sites like Disney+, Netflix, and Hulu.
At just $2.30 a month with unlimited simultaneous connections included, Surfshark offers superb value for money. And that’s before you get an even better deal by using Surfshark’s limited-offer discount codes!
- Perfect for Valorant
- Servers all over the world
- Extremely fast
- Unblocks streaming sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- iOS app is missing some features
Read the full Surfshark review for more details.
3. IPVanish – a reliable VPN for Valorant
|🖥️Servers/countries:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 63% OFF|
Fast, user-friendly, and with plenty of servers – IPVanish is the next best VPN for Valorant.
With around 2000 options dotted around the world, IPVanish always delivers a new server connection for Valorant.
Don’t be worried about a laggy connection messing with your gaming – IPVanish’s speeds are ideal for fast online games and HD streaming. So you can play Valorant with people in different regions and also unblock Netflix US whenever you want.
IPVanish comes with the data-protecting military-grade encryption you expect of the best VPNs. So your sensitive information will be kept safe when gaming online.
Pricing starts at $3.99 a month, but make sure to check our IPVanish discount codes for the best deals!
- Reliable and consistent VPN for Valorant
- 2000 worldwide servers
- Good for streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price increases after a year
All the info you need is in this IPVanish review.
4. PureVPN – impressive server fleet for Valorant
|🖥️Servers/countries:||6500+ servers in 78 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, DAZN|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||PureVPN coupon 82% OFF|
PureVPN sets itself apart from the pack with its immense server fleet of 6500 connections in over 78 countries. That’s a broad scope of options for a new Valorant server.
PureVPN isn’t as fast as other VPN options on this list, but it’s still suitable for local gaming. We can also recommend the provider for unblocking streaming content.
The VPN’s versatile features can add a lot to your gaming – port forwarding is very useful for anyone interested in creating gaming servers.
PureVPN has been independently audited. This adds another layer of confidence for its users, on top of the data encryption and reliable kill switch.
PureVPN’s subscriptions start at $1.99 a month, which places it firmly in the budget-friendly bracket. You can even take advantage of a PureVPN coupon for further discounts.
- VPN with the most servers
- Easily change your region on Valorant
- Strong security features
- Affordable price plans
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- Occasional connection problems
Read the PureVPN 2022 review for the full lowdown.
5. PrivateVPN – Valorant VPN with customizable security
|🖥️Servers/countries:||200 servers in 63 countries|
|🍿Streaming sites:||Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Video, and more|
|📱Compatible with:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||PrivateVPN coupon 85% OFF|
PrivateVPN is a solid VPN you can use to change your Valorant region.
This VPN’s server list does not count as many connections as the other heavy-hitters on this list – you get around 200 servers in 63 countries with PrivateVPN. That’s still more than enough for Valorant, and you’ll have plenty of options in the major gaming regions.
We’ve also tested the servers on streaming platforms like Netflix and BBC iPlayer and were able to get around geo-blocks with no problems.
PrivateVPN's customizable encryption settings can be helpful for those on a slower connection. Go down to the lowest encryption setting, and you should see some increase in your connection speeds – just what you need for a lag-free Valorant session.
PrivateVPN is another option that’s on the more affordable end of things, with subscriptions starting at $2.00 a month. This provider also offers a 7-day free trial.
- Capable servers for Valorant
- Customize your encryption
- Works on streaming sites
- Port forwarding features
- 7-day free trial
- Only 200 servers
Get all the info in our PrivateVPN review.
Why should I change my server region on Valorant?
Using a VPN to change server regions in Valorant can improve your gameplay in many ways:
- Play with people in different countries. Riot Games locks Valorant players to their specific regions. For example, if you’re in the US, you’ll only be able to play with other gamers in the States. But with a VPN changing your IP address, you’ll be able to switch regions to a location of your choice. Then you can play against your friends in other countries and compete in region-specific tournaments.
- Play Valorant at school and work. Sure, we can understand why schools and employers might ban online games like Valorant. If you’re on your break or have finished up for the day, there’s no reason to sit around bored. Switch your server with a VPN to bypass content blocks at school or work.
- Play Valorant in restricted countries. Some countries, like Syria and Iran, ban access to Valorant. If you’re in either of these locations, use a VPN to change your server to somewhere the game is allowed, like the US, and you’ll get full access to Valorant!
- Access VoIP from anywhere: Valorant’s voice chat feature is vital when playing with a team. However, some countries, including Egypt, ban the use of VoIP. If you’re in a country where VoIP doesn’t work, change your IP address with a VPN to access this must-have feature.
- Improve your speed: Whether you’re on a laggy connection, you want a lower ping, or your ISP is throttling your service – switching servers with a VPN can solve all these problems.
How do you create a Valorant account in a different region?
Setting up a Valorant account in a different region is easy as long as you have a VPN on your device. The game itself is free to download, all you need to do is pick your new server on the VPN to change regions.
Follow these quick instructions to open up a world of gaming:
- Download a quality VPN. NordVPN gives you over 5500 servers for Valorant.
- Complete the VPN installation process on your device.
- Pick a region you want to play in and connect to a server in that location.
- Now create a Riot Games account. Your shard will represent your new IP address.
- Got to account settings and make sure your Region of Residence matches your new VPN location.
- Download Valorant and start playing in a new region!
How do you change server regions in Valorant?
Changing your server region in Valorant is very simple. All you need to do is connect a VPN to the location you want to play in and then create your Valorant account. These guides will show you how to connect to several regions you might want to access:
- Change your server to the EU region in Valorant
- Change your server to the North America region in Valorant
- Change your server to the Brazil region in Valorant
- Change your server to the Latin America region in Valorant
- Change your server to the Asia Pacific region in Valorant
- Change your server to the Korea region in Valorant
How to change your server to the EU region in Valorant
Want to play Valorant in an EU location? No problem, follow these steps:
- Get a VPN with EU servers. NordVPN has 2500+ servers throughout Europe.
- Download the VPN and follow the installation instructions.
- Connect to a server in an EU location, like Germany.
- Make a Riot Games account to switch your Region of Residence to the EU.
- Now you’re set to play Valorant in the EU region!
How to change your server to the North America region in Valorant
A significant part of Valorant players are based in North America. Get access to this region with a VPN:
- Choose a VPN with servers in North America. NordVPN has thousands of servers in the US.
- Load the VPN onto your computer.
- Connect to a North American server location, like New York.
- Set up your Riot Games, and check the Region of Residence shows North America.
- Log into Valorant and enjoy your new region!
How to change your server to the Brazil region in Valorant
Changing your server to the Brazil region in Valorant is pretty straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Pick a VPN that has server connections in Brazil. We suggest NordVPN.
- Set the VPN up on your PC.
- Select a Brazilian location from the server list.
- Go to your Riot Games account to check if the Region of Residence displays Brazil.
- Valorant is set in the Brazil region!
How to change your server to the Latin America region in Valorant
Follow these simple steps to change your IP address to the Latin America region:
- Download a VPN with servers throughout Latin America. NordVPN is the best choice.
- Install the VPN on your computer.
- Connect to a Latin America server, like Argentina.
- Create a Riot Games, check Region of Residence says Latin America.
- Your Valorant account will now give you access to the Latin America shard!
How to change your server to the Asia Pacific region in Valorant
Switch your location to the Asia Pacific region in Valorant with the help of this straightforward guide:
- Find a VPN that offers servers in the Asia Pacific region. NordVPN is the top recommendation.
- Create your VPN account and launch the app on your PC.
- Connect to a country in the Asia Pacific region – such as Australia.
- Complete your Riot Games account setup, and confirm Asia Pacific is shown under Region of Residence.
- Download Valorant and enjoy gaming in the Asia Pacific shard!
How to change your server to the Korea region in Valorant
Wondering how to change your server to the Korea region? This is what you need to do:
- Use a VPN with Korean servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN to your device.
- Find a server in Korea and connect to this region.
- Make a Riot Games account so your Region of Residence shows your new IP address.
- Start playing Valorant in the Korea shard!
Can Valorant ban me for using a VPN?
Can I change servers in Valorant with a free VPN?
Free VPNs are not suitable for Valorant. That’s because free VPNs often collect your sensitive data and sell it to the highest bidder – bad news for anyone who’s careful about security and privacy.
Aside from that, free VPNs don’t offer anything close to the service you need to access multiple servers or bypass content blocks. Data caps, slow connections, apps loaded with annoying adverts – free VPNs are more of a headache than a help.
Free VPNs are even more pointless when you realize that the top paid VPNs offer a 30-day money-back guarantee with all their subscriptions. That’s a whole month for free – plenty of time to play Valorant.
Take a look at the cost of the best paid VPNs:
- NordVPN – the ultimate VPN, NordVPN offers speed, servers, and security. It’s ideal for accessing different regions on Valorant. This premium product costs as little as $3.29 a month. You have a 30-day refund window to decide if you want to use the service long-term.
- Surfshark – Surfshark is the VPN for multiple users on a single account. Your entire household can use it to play Valorant at the same time. With price plans starting at just $2.30 per month, it’s hard to beat this provider for value. Of course, this includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish – IPVanish connects you to reliable servers. Its speed and security make it a top choice for Valorant gamers. The standard 30-day money-back guarantee period gives you time to make up your mind. After that, you can get a subscription for $3.99 per month.
The bottom line
VPNs and Valorant go hand-in-hand. From accessing new regions to getting around IP bans, there are many benefits to using a VPN when playing Valorant.
VPNs are also helpful for data protection and privacy. If your ISP throttles your connection while you’re gaming, a new IP address will fix that problem.
Aside from enhancing your gaming, VPNs can bypass region blocks on major streaming platforms, giving you even more entertainment to watch.
With all those bonuses costing less than a coffee a month, there's no reason not to get on board. So pick one of the top VPNs, like NordVPN, and get gaming today.
Let us know what your favorite Valorant region is in the comments down below, and do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
Which region is best to play Valorant?
North America, Western Europe, and Southeast Asia are the best regions to play Valorant. If you’re not in any of these locations and want to join in, get a VPN to set your region to anywhere you want.
Can changing servers on Valorant lower my ping?
Yes, if you change Valorant servers with a fast VPN, you might reduce your ping. You could also pick a server that’s closer to the Valorant event you want to compete in, which could also get you a lower ping.
What is the best VPN for Valorant?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Valorant. With over 5000 worldwide servers, best-in-class security, and fast connection speeds, NordVPN has all the tools you need to change servers in Valorant.
Can I change my Valorant region after creating an account?
The only way to change your Valorant region is by using a VPN. Sign up for a quality VPN, connect to a server in the region you want to play in, and then you’ll be able to play Valorant in a new country.