How to watch Eurosport in the USA and abroad in 2022
For a sports enthusiast, Eurosport is a treasure trove. Whether it’s the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League or the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, it’s the place to catch all the action.
However, the service is region-locked outside of Europe. Meaning, you’ll be missing out on all the stirring action if you’re in the USA or anywhere outside of the region.
Luckily, you can skirt around these restrictions with a VPN. A VPN will change your IP address and make it seem as if you’re in a location where it isn’t geo-blocked.
Read on as we share how to watch Eurosport anywhere in the world with the best VPNs out there.
Watch Eurosport in USA - short guide
- Sign up for a VPN with servers in Europe. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% OFF!
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s servers in a region where Eurosport isn’t geo-blocked.
- Head to Eurosport and create an account.
- Brace yourself for a rousing sports event!
Why do you need a VPN to watch Eurosport online?
While it has fans all over the world, Eurosport is only available in European countries as the network has geo-restricted its content to comply with licensing rights. If you’re outside of Europe, you’ll be met with an error code.
Fortunately, you can get around these restrictions with a reputable VPN. By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in Europe. The system will then see that you’re using a European IP address and unlock its content.
The only issue is that not all VPNs pass muster. Hence, we’ve shortlisted the top three VPNs that will get the job done. Check them out below.
Best VPNs to watch Eurosport in USA
Below, you’ll find the best streaming VPNs if you want to watch Eurosport in the USA or abroad. All 3 providers let you try risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Servers/countries:||5,500+ servers in 59 countries|
NordVPN is the best VPN for watching Eurosport abroad. It has a server network of more than 5,500 servers in 59 countries, including more than 2,000 servers in Europe alone.
Additionally, NordVPN offers great speeds. This is helpful in ensuring no lagging issues or interruptions during those heart-pumping moments.
The provider has you covered on the security front, too. NordVPN boasts plenty of security measures, including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
For more information, see our NordVPN review.
- Global server fleet
- In-house NordLynx protocol
- Sophisticated security features
- Smart DNS technology
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Linux client has no GUI
- No router app
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,200+ servers in 65 countries|
Surfshark is the best budget-friendly VPN to help you watch Eurosport online. Plus, while most providers allow you to connect only up to six devices, Surfshark doesn’t have such a limit.
The provider runs over 3,200 servers in more than 60 countries, including Germany, France, and the UK. Hence, you can also access plenty of other content from BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more.
Surfshark takes security seriously, too. It offers a wide range of security features such as 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy.
For more information, read our Surfshark VPN review.
- WireGuard protocol
- Competitive pricing
- RAM-only servers
- Very fast
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Great customer support
- No split tunneling on iOS
- macOS and iOS apps are slightly weaker
|Based in:||British Virgin Islands|
|Servers/countries:||3,000 servers in 94 countries|
ExpressVPN is well-known for its speed and is one of the fastest VPN services around to stream Eurosport. With it, you can catch every adrenaline-charged moment in real-time.
The provider has more than 3,000 servers in 160 locations. Hence, you can also enjoy content from geo-blocked sites like ESPN, Netflix, and more from anywhere in the world.
There’s also no worrying about security since ExpressVPN comes with 256-bit encryption, an automatic kill switch, private DNS, a no-logs policy, and more.
For more information, read our ExpressVPN review.
- Great security and privacy features
- Unrestricted torrent traffic
- Easy to use interface
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No kill switch or split tunneling on iOS
Top streaming services to watch Eurosport online
Eurosport is available on cable for Virgin Media TV and BT TV. However, if you prefer to watch Eurosport online, this is where you can stream the action:
|Eurosport Player||About $9.70/mo|
|DAZN Italia||About $23.66/mo|
|Virgin TV Go||Free for Virgin TV customers|
|BT TV App||Free for BT TV Big Sport and VIP customers|
|Ziggo GO||Free for Ziggo subscribers|
Even so, you’ll find that you can’t watch the events online on these platforms if you’re outside of Europe. In that case, you’ll need to download a VPN and change your device location to bypass geo-restrictions first.
Here’s a brief look at the platforms and the VPNs you can use to unblock them:
- Eurosport Player - This is the easiest way to watch online, but it’s region-locked. Hence, you’ll need to circumvent its restrictions with VPN.
- Virgin TV Go - A streaming service for all Virgin TV customers, Virgin TV Go has geo-restrictions. The good news is that you can dodge the restrictions with VPN.
- BT TV App - This is a free streaming service for BT TV Big Sport and VIP customers. If you’re a subscriber but outside of Europe, you can unblock the geo-restrictions with VPN.
We recommend NordVPN, which is currently 72% OFF!. Not only will it help to change your location to bypass geo-restrictions but will also protect your personal data and hide your IP address.
How to watch Eurosport on your device
Watching Eurosport on your device is fairly uncomplicated. However, the process can vary depending on the device you’re using. Plus, if you’re from outside of Europe, you’ll need a VPN to get around its geo-blocks.
In the next section, we’ll show you the steps you need to take to catch all the action on various popular devices.
Plus, if you want to find out about the most popular VPNs for specific devices, you can check out our reviews below:
Watch Eurosport on PC (Windows and Mac)
If you want to watch online with your computer — either Windows or Mac — you can do so with Eurosport Player and VPN. There’s no need to install anything as you can use your browser. Here’s how:
- Download and install a VPN on your computer. We recommend NordVPN.
- Select and connect to a server in Europe.
- Head over to the Eurosport Player website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select a sports event and start rooting for your favorites!
Watch Eurosport on Phone (Android and iOS)
Always on the go? You can still watch Eurosport on iPhone or Android phones. Just follow these steps:
- Download and install a VPN either on your phone or your Wi-Fi router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Search for a server in Europe and connect to it.
- Head to the Google Play Store or the App Store and download the Eurosport Player App.
- Open the app and key in your login details.
- Catch some blazing hot sports action!
Watch Eurosport on Smart TV
Whether you can catch the events on smart TV depends on the model of your TV. This is because each of them will have its own operating system.
However, there shouldn’t be any trouble streaming with TVs from brands like Samsung and LG. Plus, fortunately, the setup process is also largely the same.
- Download and install a VPN on your Wi-Fi router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect the VPN to a server in Europe.
- Make sure that your smart TV is connected to the router installed with a VPN.
- Download and install the Player app on your TV.
- Log in and enjoy!
How to watch Eurosport on streaming devices
Beyond that, Eurosport is also available on various streaming devices such as Roku, Kodi, Apple TV, and Firestick — so long as you can link it to your VPN.
Let’s take a look at how to catch the events on some of the most popular streaming devices out there.
We’ve also put together a list of our reviews on the most popular VPNs for streaming devices here:
Stream Eurosport on Roku
Eurosport doesn’t have an official app on Roku. However, you can still watch Eurosport on Roku by screen-mirroring your smartphone. Here’s how:
- Download a VPN and set it up directly on your home WiFi router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Select a server in Europe and make sure that your Roku device is connected to the said server.
- Go to the home screen > Settings > System. When prompted, select the option where Roku has to ask your permission before any screen-mirroring process.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the Player App on your phone and connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi as your Roku device.
- If you have an Android, click on Settings > Bluetooth > Device Connection > Connection Preferences > Cast > Roku Player. For iPhone, head to the Control Center and click on the Screen Mirroring icon. Then, select your device.
- On your TV screen, select Allow when prompted if you’re using Android. As for iPhone users, you’ll see a code on your TV screen. Enter this code into your iPhone and hit OK.
- Once done, you’ll be able to sit back and stream on Roku. Enjoy!
Stream Eurosport on Kodi
Unfortunately, Kodi doesn’t support VPN apps. To work around this, you’ll need to install your VPN on your router instead. Here’s how you can watch Eurosport on Kodi:
- Download and install a VPN on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Search and connect to a server in Europe.
- Launch your Kodi app and go to Add-ons. Select Package Installer Icon.
- Next, click on Install from Repository > Kodi Add-on Repository > Video Add-ons.
- Then, click on Eurosport Player and hit Install.
- When done, return to your Kodi Home Screen and go to Videos > Add-ons. Click on Eurosport Player.
- Get your snack ready and settle in for a good time.
It’s worth noting that the region you can access via the add-on depends on where you’re currently based. However, the VPN helps to bypass the geo-restrictions to allow you full, unhindered access to all of its content, wherever you are in the world.
Stream Eurosport on Apple TV
You can also stream all of the action with Apple TV. Even better, the setup is straightforward and fast:
- Download and set up a VPN on your router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Select a server in Europe. Connect your Apple TV to that router.
- Hit the App Store and search for the Player App.
- Download and install the app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app, sign in, and catch the latest event.
Stream Eurosport on Fire Stick
You can easily watch Eurosport on Fire stick. You’ll just need to:
- Download and install a VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Find a server in Europe and connect to it.
- Search for the Player app on your Amazon Fire Stick and install it.
- Once the installation is done, hit Open.
- The game is on!
How to watch Eurosport from anywhere
With a VPN, you can watch events like the US Open Tennis Championship on Eurosport — regardless of if you’re in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else in the world. Just follow these easy steps:
- Download and install a VPN on your phone, computer, or router. We recommend NordVPN.
- Open and launch the VPN app.
- Select a server in Europe from the given options.
- Head to Eurosport Player on your browser or Player App to catch all the sports events.
Naturally, the process above differs according to the device you’ll be using. For more specific guides, refer to the previous sections.
Cannot access Eurosport with a VPN?
Sometimes, you might be doing everything right but still unable to access Eurosport — even with a VPN. This could be because:
- The network has blacklisted your VPN’s servers.
- Your VPN can’t bypass geo-blocks.
- Your actual IP address is leaking.
- The network has stepped up its geo-restrictions, and your VPN no longer works on it.
Here are some solutions you can try:
- Try a different browser and clear your cookies.
- Enable your VPN’s leak protection settings.
- Check that you have chosen a VPN server in Europe.
- Contact customer support for assistance.
If none of the solutions work, it’s time to upgrade your VPN to a reputable one.
How to watch Eurosport for Free
You can watch Eurosport for free on a few free streaming platforms. However, do note that streaming licensed content on these free sites is questionable at best and illegal at worst.
Additionally, you’re vulnerable to malicious attacks with these sites. Hence, you definitely need a VPN. However, we don’t recommend opting for a free VPN.
Free VPNs usually fail to bypass most platforms’ geo-restrictions. Plus, they’re known to keep their businesses afloat by selling tracked data and injecting ads. You’ll also likely have to endure a painfully slow connection.
Freemium VPNs aren’t that much better, either. Most of the vital features are only accessible with a paid plan, and the resources are often limited.
What can you watch on Eurosport
If you’re new to the network, you’re in for a treat! It has a huge selection of both European and international sports events. Here’s a glimpse of some of its offerings:
|Football||Premier League, UEFA Champions League, and Bundesliga|
|Rugby||Premiership Rugby and Rugby Championship|
|Others||US Open, UCI Road World Championships, MotoGP, and Formula One World Championship|
Plus, if you hurry, you can even catch the tail end of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 as well as the Closing Ceremony on August 8th, 2021. You can find the full schedule of the coverage of the Olympics here.
In a nutshell
Eurosport is the go-to place to catch some of the hottest events in sports. Unfortunately, it has geo-restrictions in place and has limited its services to Europe.
However, that doesn’t mean that you’ll have to miss out on all the events, matches, and tournaments if you’re outside of the region. All you need is a reliable VPN with servers in Europe to make it seem as if you’re watching from within the continent.
Have you tried using a VPN before? Let us know how it goes and which of the events you will be tuning into.
More VPN guides from CyberNews:
Can I watch Eurosport on Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can watch on Amazon Prime. You can access it through the Amazon Prime app on your smart TV or via the Player app. However, if you’re from outside of Europe, you’ll need a VPN to bypass it’s geo-blocks. We recommend NordVPN.
Can I watch Eurosport abroad?
Yes, you can watch Eurosport abroad — wherever you are in the world. However, if you’re outside of Europe, you’ll need to use a VPN to circumvent its geo-restrictions. Here’s the step-by-step guide.
Can I watch Eurosport with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Eurosport with a VPN. You just need to find a VPN provider with servers in Europe. We recommend NordVPN.
How do I change my location on Eurosport?
Eurosport’s system automatically detects your location. Hence, to change your location, you’ll need a VPN. With it, you can change your IP address to reflect a location of your choice.
How do I pay for a Eurosport subscription while outside of Europe?
You’ll need a European billing address. Hence, if you’re from outside of Europe, you might need to opt for a virtual credit card. Alternatively, you can also get a gift card via Amazon to get around this problem.