In today's saturated market, the ability to establish and sustain exceptional relationships with your customers is crucial to achieving long-term success.
A great method to ensure that this connection always stays healthy is to use top-tier customer support software like Zendesk.
What makes it so appealing is that, in addition to a plethora of CRM tools, Zendesk Suite also provides some easy-to-set-up and use features like a ticketing system, a support center, and an app Marketplace filled with useful add-ons.
Best Zendesk apps: our detailed list
If you've finally decided to give Zendesk a shot but are having trouble deciding which apps to use, have a look at the list below. It offers brief descriptions of some of the best applications as well as information on how they can benefit your business.
|Features||Video calls, screen sharing|
|Resources||E-books, blog, academy, F.A.Q.|
ViiBE is a web-based video assistance, ticketing, and knowledge management solution for technical support centers, after-sales services, and customer support.
Through live video feeds and augmented reality, ViiBE's solution facilitates remote diagnosis and enables "first call resolution" while lowering costs by avoiding unnecessary expert travel.
Here are some of the most well-known ViiBE call features:
- Superimposing one’s pointer over the video feed
- Taking high-quality pictures and drawing on them
- Sending messages in the chat box
- Screen sharing
Another great thing is that ViiBE especially focuses on client onboarding and supports its customers from day one. From establishing the IT integration to training small groups on how to use the solution, this app is there for its clients every step of the way.
- Easy onboarding
- Simple management
- One-minute integrations
- Facilitates pre-sales, improve customer experience
- Unnecessary notifications
|Features||Ticket and Case integration, Comments automation, field mapping and more|
With SyncApps, organizations specializing in accounting, finance, and eCommerce can easily create software integrations with a simple drag-and-drop interface. It helps manage financial data, develop marketing campaigns, reduce IT spending, and empowers departments to operate more efficiently.
Some of SyncApps highlights:
- Allows you to sync Zendesk tickets and NetSuite Cases, bidirectionally
- Zendesk to NetSuite time tracking
- Number of integration options available
- Unlimited number of records
- Sync Scheduling
- 24/7 support and email
As a bidirectional data integration solution, SyncApps synchronizes all company data across critical software platforms, and its plug-and-play technology makes it easy to create and manage connections. In addition, it provides reports, insights, and analytics that help stimulate growth by smoothly moving data between mission-critical platforms.
- Easy to use
- Basic product is free
- The set up might be time-consuming
|Features||Room and desk automation, event and visitor management, billing and payments automation|
Trusted by coworking spaces around the world – andcards – is a member-first coworking space software. Streaming community feeds, booking systems, benefit catalogs, and customer support integrations are all part of andcards' solution for coworking spaces and flex offices.
Some of its main features include:
- Room and desk automation
- Event and visitor management
- Billing and payments automation
With this integration, customers can receive customer support in any co-working space along with an easy way to report issues and contact administrators wherever they might be.
- Ability to ask for new features
- Focus on member experience
- Custom branded mobile apps for iOS, Android
- Features could be more intuitive (UX)
VTEX by Aktie Now
|Features||CRM, custom tickets, order cancellation and consultation|
Aktie Now is a customer service consulting firm specializing in implementing CX solutions. Their “VTEX by Aktie Now” app allows VTEX platform integration into the Zendesk system and is used for managing the VTEX client's orders.
Some of the most attractive features of this app include:
- Integration with Zendesk tickets
- Custom ticket fields
- Zendesk SideBar functionality
- Data visualization
- Orders consultation and cancellation
In addition to all the benefits of VTEX, the application is available within Zendesk itself, making Zendesk's omnichannel capabilities available to support customer service operations and improve their efficiency on a daily basis.
- Fast customer support
- Integration with Zendesk tickets
- Order cancellation
- Could support more languages
|Features||Unlimited widgets, themes, automatic status updates|
Frill is a cloud-based solution that assists businesses in gathering, managing and disseminating product feedback. Through analytics and reporting, the platform enables users to obtain insights into their consumers' preferences and needs.
Here are a few key features of Frill:
- Inline admin
- SSO authentication
- Unlimited widgets
- Full translations
- Automatic status updates
What makes Frill stand out from the crowd is that it allows users to submit feedback by choosing from pre-existing options or creating a new, unique message. Using this method, businesses can collect customer feedback in real-time and share it with departments across the company for reference.
- Easy to use
- Outstanding customer service
- Long roadmap
|Features||Ticket synchronization and automation, decentralized integration solution|
|Resources||Blog, case studies, academy, webinars, ebooks|
Exalate is the leading cross-company integration solution for bi-directional data synchronization across various issue trackers, ticketing systems, CRMs, and task management systems.
This platform provides numerous features and integrations to match every distinct sync need. For instance, the forever free plan alone enables users to:
- Synchronize up to 1000 tickets per month
- Use the trigger capability to automate syncs
- Create fundamental sync rules like topic, description, comments, and attachments
- Perform bulk synchronization
Exalate also enables users to remove time-consuming procedures such as data transfer from one tracker to another or manual data entry, allowing your staff to cooperate on crucial tasks and resolve them in less time.
- Decentralized integration
- Limitless flexibility
- Control over the shared data
- Bidirectional sync
- Visual mode is not available for all platforms
|Features||Intelligent Enterprise Search, regulatory compliance with ISO 27001:2013, HIPAA, ISO 27701:2019, SSAE 18, SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3, AI-powered Support Applications, intelligent spell check, synonym & acronym recognition|
|Resources||E-books, webinars, videos, datasheets, infographics, podcast, white papers, blog, SUDO – technical blogs, FAQs|
SearchUnify is a unified cognitive search platform that revolutionizes information discovery and fuels an insight engine and makes for a robust platform for AI-based apps.
With SearchUnify, you can:
- Search all your content sources in one place
- Boost agent productivity with AI-powered algorithms that automatically rank your tickets
- Personalize customer service and improve FCR with rich insights into customer journey
- Drive knowledge-centered Service
- Leverage aearch analytics to fill content gaps
- Maintain reliability with a single-tenant solution that prevents any accidental information leakage.
SearchUnify’s out-of-the-box support for 50+ native connectors helps create a unified discovery experience for your support agents and users within their Zendesk Support and Guide instance.
- Transparent Pricing
- Fast Deployment Time
- Easy-to-implement SDK
- Specialised application for KCS
- Zendesk API configuration translating to lag in index syncing time
|Features||Tailored dashboards, visualizations, real-time metric view|
Geckoboard is a wonderful solution for building and sharing real-time business dashboards.
A dashboard can be built in minutes using Geckoboard, which integrates directly with over 80 different tools and services to help team leads surface live data across their organization.
Features that Geckoboard offers include:
- Easily built and tailored dashboards with an intuitive interface
- View of chat and real-time metrics due to code-free integrations
- Easy-to-interpret visualizations
- Effortlessly displayable dashboard
Geckoboard visualizes key data in a way that everyone can understand at a glance, and updates automatically so your key data stays up-to-date at all times. With your dashboards perfectly formatted for smaller screens, you can keep track of key numbers where ever you go.
- One of easiest dashboard solutions
- Very intuitive app
- Can be a little bit expensive
|Features||Integration with CrowdStrike, automatic visibility, and identification, incident response|
TaskCall is an incident response and management service that helps organizations digitize their operations and reduce downtime costs to the minimum by mobilizing their response effort and streamlining stakeholder communication.
Here are some eye-catching TaskCall features:
- Integration with CrowdStrike
- Automatic visibility of all impacted systems during an incident
- Automatic identification of similar past attacks so you can quickly check what was done then for a resolution
- Mobilization of the response effort while keeping stakeholders informed
- Systematic postmortem report management for best practices and compliance
In addition to connecting to all your monitoring tools and streamlining alerts directly to your on-call teams, TaskCall also helps to understand incident patterns and response behavior.
- 24x7 customer support
- Free to start
- Rather new app
|Features||ETL, multiple data sources, dashboard, web services|
|Resources||Videos, resource guides, blog, tutorials, documentation, API docs, engineering blog|
Specifically designed for modern and reverse ETL needs, Hevo Data is a great solution that uses no-code, bi-directional data pipelines, and supports more than 150+ ready-to-use integrations.
Some of the most attractive features, that Hevo Data provides are:
- ETL and API
- Multiple data sources
- Job Scheduling
- Data Extraction, quality control, and analysis tools
But what makes it really stand out amongst competitors, is that it assists data teams in streamlining and automating org-wide data flows, resulting in hours of engineering effort saved due to much faster reporting, analytics, and decision-making.
- Service is reliable and performant
- Easy to use
- Excellent support team
- Transformations from the raw connectors can be a bit confusing
Ticket Translation by TextUnited
|Features||Two-way translation, language recognition|
|Resources||Blog, case studies, FAQ|
Ticket Translation – is a robust TextUnited’s plugin that allows brands to provide instant multilingual customer support in over 170 languages.
The solution is very easy to install and allows users to manage all translation projects from one location. As it helps to keep you mainly focused on the translation work, this feature is especially attractive when you are translating several sources.
Some of the Ticket Translation’s often highlighted features:
- Instant two-way translation
- One-click language recognition
- Intuitive UI/UX
- Has a desktop app – faster and more options than on the web
- Works well with WordPress and DIVI page builder
You can begin translating tickets instantly and at no cost; however, the plugin does require you to have a TextUnited subscription and an active Zendesk account.
- Constant updates
- Great customer support
- Rather new
|Features||Publishing, advertising, visual calendar, engagement, monitoring, competitor benchmarking|
Businesses, brands, and agencies are able to manage their social media channels with eClincher – a powerful and intuitive social media management platform.
A wide range of social media integrations, including Facebook, YouTube, and Google+, make eClincher perfect for marketing, sales, and support teams for seamless communications and better customer experience.
Zendesk integration with eClincher includes the following features:
- Tagging locations on all platforms
- Selecting cover for videos
- Easily tagging accounts on all platforms
- All-in-one smart inbox
- Auto post with smart queues and RSS feeds
Managing all your accounts online or growing your business has never been easier thanks to this intuitive and powerful solution, its mobile app, and 24/7 customer support
- Unique features
- Integrates with all social media
- 24/7 support
- Tags for posts
- There is a small learning curve to use it effectively
|Features||Incremental backup, automated storage, cloud storage, secure data storage, encryption, backup scheduling|
Pro Backup is a safe and easy-to-use backup app for popular SaaS apps, as it backs up all relevant data in your Zendesk account.
Unlike most solutions, it offers incremental backup, which means that a security copy contains only files and data that have been created or altered since the last full backup.
Some of Pro Backup’s key functionalities:
- Automated backup
- Secure data storage
- Google Sheets sync
- Backup of files and metadata
- One-click restore for tickets
Pro Backup is a truly great SaaS product, as it not only backups its cloud infrastructure but also provides users with account-level and business-critical information.
- Easy to use
- Offers incremental backup
- Supports most of popular SaaS apps
- Might be a bit expensive
- Does not provide API
|Features||CRM, custom print creation, file storage, task management|
|Resources||Blog, library, webinars, podcasts|
Inbenta is a one-of-a-kind conversational AI platform that helps businesses automate personalized interactions by delivering 360º conversational experiences across all channels.
Using AI and NLP technology, its search engine is able to understand not only keywords but also their meaning, enabling it to deliver the most appropriate and accurate results.
Here are some other great features you might like:
- Online design tool
- Custom print creation
- File storage
- Task management
- Collaboration tools
Furthermore, this integration provides omnichannel capabilities, so users can connect to various messaging platforms like WhatsApp or Viber without switching channels. This allows your users to keep the conversational context without repeating themselves.
- Very easy implementation
- Helpful chatbot
- Seamless integration with other systems
- Software has a bit of a learning curve
|Features||Field mapping, bulk follow-ups, bulk email campaigns, feedback and rate collect|
|Resources||Blog, knowledge base, Youtube channel|
|Free trial||7-day free trial|
Proactive Campaigns is a cloud-based solution for Zendesk that allows you to sort contacts based on your criteria and send mass emails and follow-ups to target audiences directly from the Zendesk database.
A wide range of email customization options is available in Proactive Campaigns, allowing template editing and the creation of new, unique email bodies using HTML code. Aside from that, it is possible to add CCs to emails, use custom fields, and apply an alias to any campaign.
Other key capabilities of Proactive Campaigns includes:
- Field mapping
- Automated email tagging
- Bulk follow-ups
- Body basic formatting and editing with HTML code
- Trigger set up
- Statistics page
Whether you're looking for an advanced bulk email tool or want to improve your email marketing, Proactive Campaigns is a great choice.
- Easy to use
- Supports omni-channel workplace
- Great customer support
- Only paid plans
Best Zendesk apps: final recommendations
Zendesk is a solution that’s easy to scale to meet your needs, whether you are a startup or a fully established business looking to improve your present standards. All you have to do is choose key apps that will assist you in doing so.
To help you narrow down your search, here's a brief overview of some of the finest applications we recommended in this article:
- ViiBE – a remote video-assistance technology for contact centers and after-sales services.
- Cazoomi – CRM, e-Commerce, marketing automation, financial, and support software provider.
- andcards – a platform for managing coworking businesses and flexible workspaces.
- VTEX – an omnichannel commerce SaaS platform for sellers, with a set of integrated solutions.
- Frill – helps collect and organize feature requests to better understand customer needs and prioritize roadmaps.
- Exalate – app for work management systems like Jira, ServiceNow, Zendesk, etc.
- SearchUnify – a platform that powers enterprise search, insights engine, and AI-powered apps for better customer support and self-service.
- Geckoboard – a live KPI dashboarding platform.
- TaskCall – provides incident response and on-call management service.
- Hevo Data – an end-to-end data pipeline platform.
- Ticket Translation by TextUnited – a plugin that allows you to provide multilingual support to customers all over the world in over 170 languages.
- eClincher – a leading social media management platform that works seamlessly with all leading social networking platforms.
- Pro Backup – an app that helps customers with everything data-related, from automatic backups to data encryption.
- Inbenta – a global leader in AI and NLU for enterprise and eCommerce search, chatbots, support ticketing, and knowledge management.
- Proactive Campaigns – cloud-based solution for sending mass emails and follow-ups directly from the platform.
Best Zendesk apps – FAQ
Is Zendesk free?
No, but it provides a few pricing options for different company sizes and budgets.
Can you use Zendesk from your mobile device?
Yes. You can natively integrate Zendesk Support features into your mobile app for iOS and Android, allowing your customers to receive support through mobile devices.
Is Zendesk B2B or B2C?
B2B. Zendesk helps businesses enhance their customer service.
What is the difference between Zendesk and Salesforce?
Zendesk is ideal for people that want a simple support desk. Meanwhile, Salesforce Service Cloud is superior at obtaining the complete picture of each customer's requirements.