In today's saturated market, the ability to establish and sustain exceptional relationships with your customers is crucial to achieving long-term success.
A great method to ensure that this connection always stays healthy is to use top-tier customer support software like Zendesk.
What makes it so appealing is that, in addition to a plethora of CRM tools, Zendesk Suite also provides some easy-to-set-up and use features like a ticketing system, a support center, and an app Marketplace filled with useful add-ons.
Best Zendesk apps: our detailed list
If you've finally decided to give Zendesk a shot but are having trouble deciding which apps to use, have a look at the list below. It offers brief descriptions of some of the best applications as well as information on how they can benefit your business.
|Features||Video calls, screen sharing|
|Resources||E-books, blog, academy, F.A.Q.|
ViiBE is a web-based video assistance, ticketing, and knowledge management solution for technical support centers, after-sales services, and customer support.
Through live video feeds and augmented reality, ViiBE's solution facilitates remote diagnosis and enables "first call resolution" while lowering costs by avoiding unnecessary expert travel.
Here are some of the most well-known ViiBE call features:
- Superimposing one’s pointer over the video feed
- Taking high-quality pictures and drawing on them
- Sending messages in the chat box
- Screen sharing
Another great thing is that ViiBE especially focuses on client onboarding and supports its customers from day one. From establishing the IT integration to training small groups on how to use the solution, this app is there for its clients every step of the way.
|Features||Ticket and Case integration, Comments automation, field mapping and more|
With SyncApps, organizations specializing in accounting, finance, and eCommerce can easily create software integrations with a simple drag-and-drop interface. It helps manage financial data, develop marketing campaigns, reduce IT spending, and empowers departments to operate more efficiently.
Some of SyncApps highlights:
- Allows you to sync Zendesk tickets and NetSuite Cases, bidirectionally
- Zendesk to NetSuite time tracking
- Number of integration options available
- Unlimited number of records
- Sync Scheduling
- 24/7 support and email
As a bidirectional data integration solution, SyncApps synchronizes all company data across critical software platforms, and its plug-and-play technology makes it easy to create and manage connections. In addition, it provides reports, insights, and analytics that help stimulate growth by smoothly moving data between mission-critical platforms.
|Features||Customer satisfaction surveys|
|Resources||Blog, eBooks, podcast|
Nicereply provides a convenient solution to measuring customer satisfaction by allowing you to add customized surveys for your customers at the bottom of every email or after resolving a ticket or a chat.
With this Zendesk integration, you can:
- See the performance of different agents, teams, and departments
- See all feedback related to a ticket right in Freshdesk
- Customize the look and feel of your surveys
- Measure metrics like CSAT, NPS, and CES
In addition, you can customize the appearance of you surveys and can select a rating system that suits your preferences, such as stars, smiley faces, or thumbs. Later, you can conveniently analyze feedback data right within your Zendesk environment.
|Features||Room and desk automation, event and visitor management, billing and payments automation|
Trusted by coworking spaces around the world – andcards – is a member-first coworking space software. Streaming community feeds, booking systems, benefit catalogs, and customer support integrations are all part of andcards' solution for coworking spaces and flex offices.
Some of its main features include:
- Room and desk automation
- Event and visitor management
- Billing and payments automation
With this integration, customers can receive customer support in any co-working space along with an easy way to report issues and contact administrators wherever they might be.
gominga Review Manager
|Resources||Webinars, podcasts, guides, studies|
Next up is gominga Review Manager – an app that allows you to see and respond to reviews or questions about your products, mobile apps, Google location reviews, shop reviews, and many more in one place, no matter where they were originally posted.
With this app, you can save time and interact with your customers easier, increasing their satisfaction and building trust in your brand.
gominga supports all major platforms like Amazon, Google and Apple app stores and allows you to:
- Receive all new reviews and questions directly into Zendesk
- Reply to reviews and questions without leaving your Zendesk app
- Assign tickets to the right people
- Use custom fields like star rating, product, category, platform, location, and more
So, if your business operates worldwide and sells products or services on multiple platforms, make sure to check out gominga Review Manager to keep in touch with your customers.
VTEX by Aktie Now
|Features||CRM, custom tickets, order cancellation and consultation|
Aktie Now is a customer service consulting firm specializing in implementing CX solutions. Their “VTEX by Aktie Now” app allows VTEX platform integration into the Zendesk system and is used for managing the VTEX client's orders.
Some of the most attractive features of this app include:
- Integration with Zendesk tickets
- Custom ticket fields
- Zendesk SideBar functionality
- Data visualization
- Orders consultation and cancellation
In addition to all the benefits of VTEX, the application is available within Zendesk itself, making Zendesk's omnichannel capabilities available to support customer service operations and improve their efficiency on a daily basis.
|Features||Unlimited widgets, themes, automatic status updates|
Frill is a cloud-based solution that assists businesses in gathering, managing and disseminating product feedback. Through analytics and reporting, the platform enables users to obtain insights into their consumers' preferences and needs.
Here are a few key features of Frill:
- Inline admin
- SSO authentication
- Unlimited widgets
- Full translations
- Automatic status updates
What makes Frill stand out from the crowd is that it allows users to submit feedback by choosing from pre-existing options or creating a new, unique message. Using this method, businesses can collect customer feedback in real-time and share it with departments across the company for reference.
|Features||Ticket synchronization and automation, decentralized integration solution|
|Resources||Blog, case studies, academy, webinars, ebooks|
Exalate is the leading cross-company integration solution for bi-directional data synchronization across various issue trackers, ticketing systems, CRMs, and task management systems.
This platform provides numerous features and integrations to match every distinct sync need. For instance, the forever free plan alone enables users to:
- Synchronize up to 1000 tickets per month
- Use the trigger capability to automate syncs
- Create fundamental sync rules like topic, description, comments, and attachments
- Perform bulk synchronization
Exalate also enables users to remove time-consuming procedures such as data transfer from one tracker to another or manual data entry, allowing your staff to cooperate on crucial tasks and resolve them in less time.
|Features||Advanced softphone dialer app, instant click-to-call option, call recording|
|Resources||Blog, knowledge base page|
Softphone.Pro is a business VoIP app that can work with any VoIP provider, such as FreePBX, Asterisk, and Cloud PBX. It's designed for support teams, sales professionals, and call center agents who need to handle hundreds of customer calls daily.
It’s an ergonomic app, featuring a user-friendly interface, and works seamlessly with professional headsets. It also has a personal performance/statistics window for individual agents and a powerful addon for online monitoring for supervisors.
The Softphone.Pro’s integration with Zendesk allows you to see Zendesk customer information in the app's incoming call notification and active calls windows. You can even click on the customer’s name to open their Zendesk profile, which helps you provide a personalized user experience.
Here’s a list of features that Softphone.Pro offers.
- Instant click-to-call and screen pop-up integration
- Online reporting and call/screen recording
- Professional headsets compatibility
- Personal performance/statistics window
- Powerful add-on for online monitoring
- Seamless integration with Zendesk
- Live dashboard with screen captures and live webcam monitoring
- Export Call Log data to Microsoft Excel
- Multilingual user interface
Another great feature of this app is that it offers a range of performance metrics and analytics tools. You can analyze your staff performance with online reports, charts, and a detailed call log with a click-to-play feature.
|Features||Intelligent Enterprise Search, regulatory compliance with ISO 27001:2013, HIPAA, ISO 27701:2019, SSAE 18, SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC 3, AI-powered Support Applications, intelligent spell check, synonym & acronym recognition|
|Resources||E-books, webinars, videos, datasheets, infographics, podcast, white papers, blog, SUDO – technical blogs, FAQs|
SearchUnify is a unified cognitive search platform that revolutionizes information discovery and fuels an insight engine and makes for a robust platform for AI-based apps.
With SearchUnify, you can:
- Search all your content sources in one place
- Boost agent productivity with AI-powered algorithms that automatically rank your tickets
- Personalize customer service and improve FCR with rich insights into customer journey
- Drive knowledge-centered Service
- Leverage aearch analytics to fill content gaps
- Maintain reliability with a single-tenant solution that prevents any accidental information leakage.
SearchUnify’s out-of-the-box support for 50+ native connectors helps create a unified discovery experience for your support agents and users within their Zendesk Support and Guide instance.
|Features||Customer satisfaction surveys|
|Resources||Blog, insights, documentation, templates|
Zonka Feedback is an integration that allows you to measure customer satisfaction and quality of your customer support by adding surveys or questions to your interactions.
This app also offers real-time feedback reports, so you'll be able to improve the quality of your customer support in no time.
With Zonka Feedback, you'll be able to:
- Send survey question in every email or trigger sent via Zendesk
- Create Zendesk tickets based on survey responses
- Trigger email surveys after a ticket is updated or solved
- Sync survey response data and CX metrics to Zendesk
The neat thing about Zonka Feedback is that it provides detailed reports of your agents' performance, allowing you to address specific issues or weak spots.
|Features||Tailored dashboards, visualizations, real-time metric view|
Geckoboard is a wonderful solution for building and sharing real-time business dashboards.
A dashboard can be built in minutes using Geckoboard, which integrates directly with over 80 different tools and services to help team leads surface live data across their organization.
Features that Geckoboard offers include:
- Easily built and tailored dashboards with an intuitive interface
- View of chat and real-time metrics due to code-free integrations
- Easy-to-interpret visualizations
- Effortlessly displayable dashboard
Geckoboard visualizes key data in a way that everyone can understand at a glance, and updates automatically so your key data stays up-to-date at all times. With your dashboards perfectly formatted for smaller screens, you can keep track of key numbers where ever you go.
|Features||Integration with CrowdStrike, automatic visibility, and identification, incident response|
TaskCall is an incident response and management service that helps organizations digitize their operations and reduce downtime costs to the minimum by mobilizing their response effort and streamlining stakeholder communication.
Here are some eye-catching TaskCall features:
- Integration with CrowdStrike
- Automatic visibility of all impacted systems during an incident
- Automatic identification of similar past attacks so you can quickly check what was done then for a resolution
- Mobilization of the response effort while keeping stakeholders informed
- Systematic postmortem report management for best practices and compliance
In addition to connecting to all your monitoring tools and streamlining alerts directly to your on-call teams, TaskCall also helps to understand incident patterns and response behavior.
|Features||Adds videos to tickets|
|Resources||Blog, video and microphone tests|
Next up is StoryXpress – an app that allows customer support agents to add videos to tickets. By doing so, support teams are able to provide clear instructions and resolve issues faster, increasing customer satisfaction and even boosting brand image.
With StoryXpress, you can:
- Attach videos to support tickets
- Create and browse video libraries
- Solve queries faster
What's great about StoryXpress is that it not only allows your agents to send videos but also provides the option for customers to upload screen recordings – helping your specialists pin point and address the problem in no time.
|Features||ETL, multiple data sources, dashboard, web services|
|Resources||Videos, resource guides, blog, tutorials, documentation, API docs, engineering blog|
Specifically designed for modern and reverse ETL needs, Hevo Data is a great solution that uses no-code, bi-directional data pipelines, and supports more than 150+ ready-to-use integrations.
Some of the most attractive features, that Hevo Data provides are:
- ETL and API
- Multiple data sources
- Job Scheduling
- Data Extraction, quality control, and analysis tools
But what makes it really stand out amongst competitors, is that it assists data teams in streamlining and automating org-wide data flows, resulting in hours of engineering effort saved due to much faster reporting, analytics, and decision-making.
Ticket Translation by TextUnited
|Features||Two-way translation, language recognition|
|Resources||Blog, case studies, FAQ|
Ticket Translation – is a robust TextUnited’s plugin that allows brands to provide instant multilingual customer support in over 170 languages.
The solution is very easy to install and allows users to manage all translation projects from one location. As it helps to keep you mainly focused on the translation work, this feature is especially attractive when you are translating several sources.
Some of the Ticket Translation’s often highlighted features:
- Instant two-way translation
- One-click language recognition
- Intuitive UI/UX
- Has a desktop app – faster and more options than on the web
- Works well with WordPress and DIVI page builder
You can begin translating tickets instantly and at no cost; however, the plugin does require you to have a TextUnited subscription and an active Zendesk account.
|Features||Publishing, advertising, visual calendar, engagement, monitoring, competitor benchmarking|
Businesses, brands, and agencies are able to manage their social media channels with eClincher – a powerful and intuitive social media management platform.
A wide range of social media integrations, including Facebook, YouTube, and Google+, make eClincher perfect for marketing, sales, and support teams for seamless communications and better customer experience.
Zendesk integration with eClincher includes the following features:
- Tagging locations on all platforms
- Selecting cover for videos
- Easily tagging accounts on all platforms
- All-in-one smart inbox
- Auto post with smart queues and RSS feeds
Managing all your accounts online or growing your business has never been easier thanks to this intuitive and powerful solution, its mobile app, and 24/7 customer support
|Features||Incremental backup, automated storage, cloud storage, secure data storage, encryption, backup scheduling|
Pro Backup is a safe and easy-to-use backup app for popular SaaS apps, as it backs up all relevant data in your Zendesk account.
Unlike most solutions, it offers incremental backup, which means that a security copy contains only files and data that have been created or altered since the last full backup.
Some of Pro Backup’s key functionalities:
- Automated backup
- Secure data storage
- Google Sheets sync
- Backup of files and metadata
- One-click restore for tickets
Pro Backup is a truly great SaaS product, as it not only backups its cloud infrastructure but also provides users with account-level and business-critical information.
|Features||NLP, Conversational AI, context understanding, zero-training chatbot.|
|Resources||Blog, library, webinars, podcasts|
Inbenta is a one-of-a-kind conversational AI platform that helps businesses automate personalized interactions by delivering 360º conversational experiences across all channels.
Using AI and NLP technology, its search and chatbot engine is able to understand not only keywords but also their meaning, enabling it to deliver the most appropriate and accurate results.
Here are some other great features you might like:
- Neuro-Symbolic AI
- Options for integration
- Semantic Clustering technology
Furthermore, this integration provides omnichannel capabilities, so users can connect to various messaging platforms like WhatsApp or Viber without switching channels. This allows your users to keep the conversational context without repeating themselves.
|Features||Field mapping, bulk follow-ups, bulk email campaigns, feedback and rate collect|
|Resources||Blog, knowledge base, Youtube channel|
|Free trial||7-day free trial|
Proactive Campaigns is a cloud-based solution for Zendesk that allows you to sort contacts based on your criteria and send mass emails and follow-ups to target audiences directly from the Zendesk database.
A wide range of email customization options is available in Proactive Campaigns, allowing template editing and the creation of new, unique email bodies using HTML code. Aside from that, it is possible to add CCs to emails, use custom fields, and apply an alias to any campaign.
Other key capabilities of Proactive Campaigns includes:
- Field mapping
- Automated email tagging
- Bulk follow-ups
- Body basic formatting and editing with HTML code
- Trigger set up
- Statistics page
Whether you're looking for an advanced bulk email tool or want to improve your email marketing, Proactive Campaigns is a great choice.
WhatsApp Connector by Respira
|Features||WhatsApp notifications, bulk messages, templates, automation|
|Free trial||Free version|
Next on the list is WhatsApp Connector, an app by a Spanish company called Respira. With WhatsApp Connector, your customer support agents can send WhatsApp notifications without ever leaving the Zendesk user interface.
But simply sending WhatsApp notifications is not all – this app also allows you to add images, documents, files, videos, and links to the messages, enhancing the customer experience.
Overall, WhatsApp Connector extends Zendesk Support functionality, allowing you to:
- Track your messaging activity
- Send templated WhatsApp notifications using Zendesk Support Macros
- Send WhatsApp notifications in bulk
- Create WhatsApp marketing campaigns
The best part is that this app requires no coding, can be set up in minutes and easily integrated with tools like Zapier or Workato to send WhatsApp notifications.
Best Zendesk apps: final recommendations
Zendesk is a solution that’s easy to scale to meet your needs, whether you are a startup or a fully established business looking to improve your present standards. All you have to do is choose key apps that will assist you in doing so.
To help you narrow down your search, here's a brief overview of some of the finest applications we recommended in this article:
- ViiBE – a remote video-assistance technology for contact centers and after-sales services.
- SyncApps – CRM, e-Commerce, marketing automation, financial, and support software provider.
- Nicereply – a convenient survey app for measuring customer satisfaction.
- andcards – a platform for managing coworking businesses and flexible workspaces.
- gominga Review Manager – allows you to respond to reviews and questions across major online platforms.
- VTEX – an omnichannel commerce SaaS platform for sellers, with a set of integrated solutions.
- Frill – helps collect and organize feature requests to better understand customer needs and prioritize roadmaps.
- Softphone.Pro - a VoIP softphone app that offers a range of features for call center agents, sales professionals, and support teams.
- Exalate – app for work management systems like Jira, ServiceNow, Zendesk, etc.
- SearchUnify – a platform that powers enterprise search, insights engine, and AI-powered apps for better customer support and self-service.
- Zonka Feedback – an integration that allows you to collect feedback from your customers.
- Geckoboard – a live KPI dashboarding platform.
- TaskCall – provides incident response and on-call management service.
- StoryXpress – allows you to add videos to customer support tickets.
- Hevo Data – an end-to-end data pipeline platform.
- Ticket Translation by TextUnited – a plugin that allows you to provide multilingual support to customers all over the world in over 170 languages.
- eClincher – a leading social media management platform that works seamlessly with all leading social networking platforms.
- Pro Backup – an app that helps customers with everything data-related, from automatic backups to data encryption.
- Inbenta – a global leader in AI and NLU for enterprise and eCommerce search, chatbots, support ticketing, and knowledge management.
- Proactive Campaigns – cloud-based solution for sending mass emails and follow-ups directly from the platform.
WhatsApp Connector by Respira – an app that allows you to send WhatsApp notifications without leaving the Zendesk user interface.
Best Zendesk apps – FAQ
Is Zendesk free?
No, but it provides a few pricing options for different company sizes and budgets.
Can you use Zendesk from your mobile device?
Yes. You can natively integrate Zendesk Support features into your mobile app for iOS and Android, allowing your customers to receive support through mobile devices.
Is Zendesk B2B or B2C?
B2B. Zendesk helps businesses enhance their customer service.
What is the difference between Zendesk and Salesforce?
Zendesk is ideal for people that want a simple support desk. Meanwhile, Salesforce Service Cloud is superior at obtaining the complete picture of each customer's requirements.