How to watch Saturday Night Live from anywhere in 2023
The 49th season of Saturday Night Live (SNL) premiered on Saturday, October 14th, on NBC. It's available to stream on Peacock in the US and Sky Comedy in the UK. Over the decades, we’ve seen hundreds of iconic comedy acts, attracting and retaining loyal fans worldwide.
Unfortunately, users trying to access SNL from outside the US may struggle to tune in for their favorite comedians. This is due to geo-restrictions, as NBC and Peacock has copyright laws in place which block access to their content outside of the US.
The most effective way to bypass these restrictions is to use a VPN. A VPN works by changing your location and providing a brand new IP address. This will allow you to get around regional and network blocks. Using a VPN also provides multiple security benefits, like split tunneling, data encryption, and ad blocking.
To get the ball rolling, continue with our easy step-by-step guide on how to watch SNL episodes from anywhere with a VPN.
How to watch SNL from anywhere with VPN
- Choose a reputable VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN – now 69% OFF!
- Install the software on your device
- Connect to a server in the US like New York
- Log in or sign up for Peacock or NBC
- Tune in to SNL and enjoy!
Why should you use a VPN to watch SNL?
SNL is only available in the US, as NBC places geo-blocks on its content to comply with distribution rights and copyright laws. So, if you’re outside of the US (in Canada, UK, Australia, Spain, or any other country) and want to watch SNL, you will need a good VPN to gain access.
A VPN will let you connect to a US server and provide a US IP address. This will trick NBC into thinking you’re in the country, and restrictions will be lifted! A VPN will also protect you from cyber attackers and government bodies by encrypting your online traffic and activity, meaning that your data will be kept safe at all times.
It’s also possible to watch SNL episodes outside the US by using a proxy. However, we advise against this – proxies are unreliable and considerably less secure than VPNs.
When choosing a VPN, you’ll need to find a reputable provider that works well with streaming services like NBC. We’ve compiled a list of our top three VPNs below.
Best VPNs to watch Saturday Night Live
- NordVPN – best VPN to watch Saturday Night Live overall
- Surfshark – best VPN for watching Saturday Night Live on a budget
- IPVanish – great VPN for multiple devices
There is a multitude of VPN services on the market. While it’s great to have options, it can be hard to identify the best provider for your needs.
For this reason, we’ve tested out loads of VPNs and narrowed down our top services to stream SNL. Each VPN listed below comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, fast loading speeds, and brilliant security features. Check out our 3 favorite options for watching SNL online.
1. NordVPN – best all-round VPN to watch SNL online
|🖥 US servers:||1970+|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 69% OFF|
NordVPN is the largest of all major VPN providers, boasting over 5,900 servers worldwide and over 1970 servers in the US. It is considered to be one of the most secure and reliable VPNs on the market, and it’s easy to see why.
Not only does NordVPN have extremely fast servers, but it also offers thousands of IP addresses and allows for up to 6 simultaneous connections. It has a no-logs policy, alongside a wide variety of other security benefits. These include end-to-end encryption, split tunneling, and a kill switch.
NordVPN is a strong choice for unblocking all major streaming services, including NBC. It uses premium technology to deliver consistently fast streaming speeds – wherever you are in the world.
You can try out the software without commitment due to the 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get even more amazing deals with our excellent NordVPN coupon codes.
2. Surfshark – best VPN for watching SNL on a budget
|🖥 US servers:||600+|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Surfshark is a firm favorite for watching SNL when on a budget. It offers competitive pricing without compromising on features or quality. The VPN provider has over 3,200 servers in 100 countries and over 600 in the US alone, so users will never struggle to stream SNL outside of the US.
One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows unlimited connections with a single subscription. This means you can protect all of your devices with one monthly payment. It is also super fast (IKEv2 of 219.8/38.5), so it’s a great option for streaming abroad.
Surfshark will keep your data and devices safe thanks to excellent features like split tunneling and end-to-end encryption. There is a 7-day trial on offer for new subscribers, alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee and a wide range of discounted deals.
3. IPVanish – best VPN to watch SNL without a cable abroad
|🖥 US servers:||1000+|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 81% OFF|
Last but certainly not least, we have IPVanish. This provider is a brilliant option for watching SNL from anywhere, as it has download speeds that retain up to 80% of the original performance. So no matter where you are in the world, you’ll be able to enjoy uninterrupted streaming!
IPVanish also offers a wide range of excellent security features, including split tunneling and end-to-end data encryption. Additionally, with more than 2,200 servers across 52 countries and over 1000 servers in the US, you’ll never struggle to change your IP address and access your favorite streaming services online.
Protect all of your devices at once with just a single subscription, and rest easy that the fantastic 24/7 customer support service will always be on hand to help. Alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can check our IPVanish coupons for even more amazing deals.
Which streaming services show SNL online?
You can catch SNL online on NBC, fuboTV, Sling TV, Peacock TV, Binge, and Sky Comedy. We’ve provided a breakdown of the subscription costs for each service below, alongside the best VPN to use with each.
These services are the best if you’re still wondering how to watch SNL live without cable.
How to watch SNL online free of charge
While SNL is typically only available to watch on NBC or Peacock, there is a way to watch it for free online in the US. By using a VPN to connect to a Canadian server, you can watch SNL live on GlobalTV.com. Here's how to do it:
- Sign up for a VPN service. We recommend a reputable option – NordVPN
- Connect to a Canadian server. Once you have signed up for a VPN service, connect to a server in Canada
- Go to GlobalTV.com, you might need to sign up to GlobalTV.com to unlock its content
- Click on the Live TV tab
- Select SNL from the list of channels. You should now be able to watch SNL live for free!
How to watch SNL season 49 from any country
Season 49 is airing in the US. With a reliable VPN, you can catch up on all the episodes you’ve missed from anywhere in the world.
|Season 49 premiere:||October 14, 11:30 pm ET/8:30 pm PT|
|Watch in the US:||NBC, Peacock|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 69% OFF|
|Watch in the UK:||Sky Comedy|
You can also use a VPN to connect to a server in a different country and access streaming services that are not available in your country. For example, if you are in India, you can use a VPN to connect to a server in the US and watch SNL on Peacock, NBC, or connect to Canadian server and watch the show on GlobalTV.
Here are some of the countries (and short guides) where you can stream SNL online:
How to watch SNL live without cable in the US
If you’re in the US and you have cable, you can tune into NBC to watch full episodes of SNL as they air. If you don’t have one, you can still watch the SNL live without cable on other streaming services:
- fuboTV: this service includes NBC in its starter package. It has over 110 channels on offer, and there’s a 7-day free trial for new users.
- Peacock TV: provides access to most NBC content (including live streams) as part of its monthly subscription.
- Sling TV: sign up for the Sling Blue or Sling Orange package to access NBC in select markets.
Even though you can watch SNL in the US without any restrictions, a VPN is still recommended for security reasons. That being said, whether you’re watching SNL in the US, UK, Australia, or Canada, you should use a VPN at all times.
How to watch SNL in Canada
SNL airs in Canada at the same time as the US (11.30pm ET and 8.30pm PT on Saturdays). You can enjoy SNL content through the Canadian TV network Global TV, which airs episodes for free every week.
How to watch SNL in the UK
Wondering where to watch SNL in UK? Your best bet is to use Sky, which airs episodes of SNL every Sunday evening at 9pm on Sky Comedy. You can also catch up on recent SNL episodes with a Sky subscription.
How to watch SNL in Australia
No more worries about where to watch SNL in Australia. You can stream new episodes of SNL on Binge every Monday. New customers can enjoy a 14-day free trial, and prices are relatively low once your subscription kicks in.
How to watch SNL on streaming devices
In this section, we’ll take you through the process of watching SNL on various streaming devices.
You can also find in-depth information on choosing the best VPN for specific streaming services here:
- VPNs for Roku – watch SNL with the most recommended VPNs for Roku
- VPNs for Kodi – check the list of the best VPNs for Kodi and watch SNL
- VPNs for Firestick – the most reliable Firestick VPNs to watch SNL
Stream SNL on Roku
In order to stream SNL on Roku, you just need to add the NBC channel to your Roku device. It’s possible to do this from anywhere in the world if you change your IP address!
We’ve outlined the process here:
- Reset your Roku device
- Install a VPN on your router. We highly recommend NordVPN!
- Connect to a US server
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and go to the Channel Store
- Install the NBC app, log in, and start streaming
Stream SNL on Kodi
Want to stream SNL on your Kodi device? We’ve got you covered with the following instructions:
- Download a robust VPN. We recommend NordVPN
- Install the VPN onto your router
- Install the NBC app onto your Kodi device
- Create an account or log in to the app
- Stream SNL seamlessly!
Stream NBC on Firestick
To stream NBC on your Firestick, check out our simple guide below:
- Download and install a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US
- Search for NBC on your Firestick device, then download the app
- Log in to the app and search for SNL
- Sit back and enjoy the show!
How to watch SNL on your device
Watching SNL online will differ slightly depending on the device that you’re using. To help you out, we’ve put together step-by-step guides for watching SNL on your PC, phone, and smart TV below. Before moving further, though, you might want to take a look at these in-depth guides that will help you to choose the best VPN for your wants and needs:
- VPNs for Windows – watch SNL with the most reliable VPNs for Windows
- VPNs for Mac – check the recommended VPNs for Mac and watch SNL
- VPNs for Linux – the list of the most capable VPNs for Linux
- Premium VPNs for Android – access SNL easily on your Android device
- VPNs for iPhone – the most powerful VPNs for iPhone
Watch SNL on your computer
Using a PC to watch SNL online? Check out our instructions here:
- Choose a reliable VPN. NordVPN is a brilliant option!
- Install the VPN on your device
- Connect to a server in a location where SNL is available
- Open your streaming service of choice and enjoy!
Top tip: if SNL isn’t loading, you may need to clear the cache and cookies on your PC.
Watch SNL on your Android
If you’d like to stream SNL on your Android, simply check out our guide below:
- Pick a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN
- Head to the Google Play Store
- Download the VPN mobile app
- Open settings in the VPN app and enable Override GPS location
- Locate Build Number in your phone settings and tap seven times
- In Developer Options, click Select Mock Location App
- Select your VPN, and start streaming!
Top tip: make sure that the location on your Google Play Store matches the country that your VPN is connecting to!
Watch SNL on your iOS (iPhone, iPad)
To watch SNL from anywhere on your iOS device, check out this guide:
- Pick a reliable VPN provider. We suggest NordVPN
- Go to the App Store to download the mobile app for your VPN
- Open the VPN app and connect to your chosen server
- Once your IP address has changed, you can start streaming SNL!
Top tip: double-check that the location of your App Store matches the country that your VPN is connecting to!
Watch SNL on your smart TV
If you’d like to watch SNL on the big screen, check out our instructions below:
- Find and download a robust VPN. We recommend NordVPN
- Connect your VPN to a server in a location where SNL is available
- Connect to your VPN network in your router admin
- Download the NBC app on your device
- Log in and stream SNL!
Top tip: many smart TVs will let you download a VPN app directly. If yours doesn’t, just follow the process above to connect your router to a VPN.
Can’t stream SNL, even though you have a VPN?
If you’ve got a VPN set up, but you’re still struggling to stream SNL, don’t panic! It’s likely that you’re facing one of the following (easily remedied) problems:
- Your real IP address is leaking
- There are cookies on your device showing your true location
- The GPS location of your device and IP address don’t match up
- Your VPN isn’t able to bypass geo-restrictions
- NBC has blocked the servers that your VPN is using
To get around these issues, we suggest trying the following solutions:
- Find and enable the leak protection settings for your VPN
- Try out a new VPN provider
- Clear the cookies and cache on your device
- Give a different browser a try
- Contact the customer support service for your VPN
- Switch to a different VPN provider
If these tips don’t help, you should consider upgrading to a better VPN. Can’t find the right one? Check out the previously suggested VPNs for watching Saturday Night live.
Can I watch SNL with a free VPN
You may well be tempted to watch SNL online for free using a free VPN provider. Unfortunately, free services tend to lack the functionality and security of their paid counterparts.
For instance, many free VPNs are funded through the sale of your data and tracked ads. This exposes you to risk from hackers. Free VPNs are often subject to data caps too, so you’ll be restricted in the amount of SNL content you can stream.
As far as free providers go, ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN are pretty reliable and don’t have data caps. You can find out more about the best free VPN services on the market here. Additionally, we recommend checking top VPNs for watching SNL as they're truly affordable and provide generous money-back guarantees that will allow you to watch SNL free for a limited time:
- NordVPN – 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – 7-day trial for macOS, Android, and iOS devices, as well as 30-day money-back guarantee for those of you who want to try it on Windows.
- IPVanish – 30-day money-back guarantee.
SNL season 49 information
SNL is powered by NBC. It brings together famous public figures to perform funny sketches on current topics. Today, SNL is one of the most popular parody sketch shows in the world. The 49th season of SNL premiered on October 14th, hosted by former cast member Pete Davidson with musical guest Ice Spice. The rest of the hosts and musical guests will be announced later on.
|Host and musical guest||Air date|
|Pete Davidson and Ice Spice||October 14, 2023|
|Bad Bunny||October 21, 2023|
|Nate Bargatze and Foo Fighters||October 28, 2023|
|Timothée Chalamet and Boygenius||November 11, 2023|
For all the latest updates, keep an eye on SNL’s Twitter page!
Our final thoughts
Fans of SNL never have to miss out on the action. All that you need to watch SNL live is a reliable internet connection and a robust VPN. Armed with these tools, you can watch SNL from anywhere in the world.
By using a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, to watch SNL, you’ll be connected to a remote server – which provides a fresh IP address. This will let you bypass any regional or network connections. A VPN will also provide a host of super important security features to keep you safe online.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
What channel is SNL on?
Saturday Night Live airs on NBC in the United States. You can also stream Saturday Night Live on Peacock, fuboTV, Vudu, A&E, Google Play, and Amazon. The channels also depend on the country you’re currently in. Luckily, you can access SNL from anywhere with a reliable VPN like NordVPN.
How can I watch SNL internationally?
You can watch SNL from anywhere in the world by using a VPN to change your IP address. This will unblock network and regional restrictions, allowing you to watch SNL on almost any streaming platform. We highly recommend NordVPN.
Does Amazon Prime have SNL?
If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can access some earlier episodes of SNL on the platform. However, it is currently not showing the latest season. You can check these streaming services to watch the latest SNL episodes: NBC, fuboTV, Sling TV, Peacock TV, Binge, and Sky Comedy.
Is it legal to watch SNL with a VPN?
It is perfectly legal to watch SNL by using a VPN provider. A VPN simply encrypts your internet traffic and activity so that it is kept private. NordVPN is a brilliant option for watching SNL. However, you should keep in mind that there are countries that ban or restrict the usage of VPNs, including China and Belarus.
Is SNL available on Netflix?
Regular live episodes of SNL are not available on Netflix. However, sometimes the platform streams special collections of episodes. Check the recommended streaming services for watching SNL on our provided list.