How to watch Saturday Night Live from anywhere in 2023
The 48th season of Saturday Night Live (SNL) premiered on Saturday, October 1st, on NBC and Peacock in the US and Sky Comedy in the UK. Over the decades, we’ve seen hundreds of iconic comedy acts, attracting and retaining loyal fans worldwide.
|Season 48 premiere:||October 1, 11:30 pm ET/8:30 pm PT|
|Watch in the US:||NBC, Peacock|
|Stream anywhere:||Get NordVPN – 63% OFF|
|Watch in the UK:||Sky Comedy|
Unfortunately, users trying to access SNL from outside the US may struggle to tune in for their favorite comedians. This is due to geo-restrictions, as NBC has copyright laws in place which block access to their content outside of the US.
The most effective way to bypass these restrictions is to use a VPN. A VPN works by changing your location and providing a brand new IP address. This will allow you to get around regional and network blocks. Using a VPN also provides multiple security benefits, like split tunneling, data encryption, and ad blocking.
To get the ball rolling, continue with our easy step-by-step guide to watching SNL from anywhere with a VPN.
How to watch SNL from anywhere with VPN
- Choose a reputable VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN – now 63% OFF!
- Install the software on your device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Log in or sign up for Peacock or NBC.
- Tune in to SNL and enjoy!
Why should you use a VPN to watch SNL?
SNL is only available in the US, as NBC places geo-blocks on its content to comply with distribution rights and copyright laws. So, if you’re outside of the US and want to watch SNL, you will need a good VPN to gain access.
A VPN will let you connect to a US server and provide a US IP address. This will trick NBC into thinking you’re in the country, and restrictions will be lifted! A VPN will also protect you from hackers and government bodies by encrypting your online traffic and activity, meaning that your data will be kept safe at all times.
It’s also possible to watch SNL outside of the US by using a proxy. However, we advise against this – proxies are unreliable and considerably less secure than VPNs. A proxy provides none of the added security benefits that come as standard with a VPN.
When choosing a VPN, you’ll need to find a reputable provider that works well with streaming services like NBC. We’ve compiled a list of our top three VPNs below.
Best VPNs to watch SNL online
- NordVPN – best VPN to watch SNL online overall
- Surfshark – best VPN for watching SNL on a budget
- IPVanish – great VPN for multiple devices
There is a multitude of VPN services on the market. While it’s great to have options, it can be hard to identify the best provider for your needs.
For this reason, we’ve tested out loads of VPNs and narrowed down our top three providers to unblock and stream SNL. Each VPN listed below comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, fast loading speeds, and brilliant security features.
Check out our three favorite options for watching SNL online.
1. NordVPN: best all-round VPN to watch SNL online
|🖥Servers:||5500+ servers in 60 countries|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||NordVPN coupon 63% OFF|
NordVPN is the largest of all major VPN providers, boasting over 5500 servers worldwide. It is considered to be one of the most secure and reliable VPNs on the market, and it’s easy to see why.
Not only does NordVPN have extremely fast servers, but it also offers thousands of IP addresses and allows for up to six simultaneous connections. It has a no-logs policy, alongside a wide variety of other security benefits. These include end-to-end encryption, split tunneling, and a kill switch.
NordVPN is a strong choice for unblocking all major streaming services, including NBC. It uses premium technology to deliver consistently fast streaming speeds – wherever you are in the world.
You can try out the software without commitment due to the 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get even more amazing deals with our excellent NordVPN coupon codes.
- Advanced security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 5500+ servers around the world
- Multi-login for up to 6 devices
- No free plan
Visit NordVPN to read more about the features
2. Surfshark: best VPN for watching SNL on a budget
|🖥Servers:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|🔥Coupons:||Surfshark coupon 82% OFF|
Surfshark is a firm favorite for watching SNL when on a budget. It offers competitive pricing without compromising on features or quality. The VPN provider has over 3200 servers in 100 countries, so users will never struggle to stream SNL outside of the US.
One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows unlimited connections with a single subscription. This means you can protect all of your devices with one monthly payment. It is also super fast (IKEv2 of 219.8/38.5), so it’s a great option for streaming abroad.
Surfshark will keep your data and devices safe thanks to excellent features like split tunneling and end-to-end encryption. There is a 7-day trial on offer for new subscribers, alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee and a wide range of discounted deals.
- Advanced security features
- Unlimited connections
- Competitive pricing plans
- 7-day free trial
- Split tunneling is not available on iOS
Visit Surfshark to read more about the features
3. IPVanish: best VPN to watch SNL abroad
|🖥Servers:||2000+ servers in 50 countries|
|🔎Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS|
|🔥Coupons:||IPVanish coupon 72% OFF|
Last but certainly not least, we have IPVanish. This provider is a brilliant option for watching SNL from anywhere, as it has download speeds that retain up to 90% of the original performance. So no matter where you are in the world, you’ll be able to enjoy uninterrupted streaming!
IPVanish also offers a wide range of excellent security features, including split tunneling and end-to-end data encryption. Additionally, with more than 2000 servers across 50 countries, you’ll never struggle to change your IP address and access your favorite streaming services online.
Protect all of your devices at once with just a single subscription, and rest easy that the fantastic 24/7 customer support service will always be on hand to help. Alongside a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can check our IPVanish coupons for even more amazing deals.
- 24/7 customer support
- Unlimited device connections
- 1600+ servers worldwide
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Browser extensions unavailable
Visit IPVanish to read more about the features
Which streaming services show SNL online?
You can catch SNL online on NBC, fuboTV, Sling TV, Peacock TV, Binge, and Sky Comedy. We’ve provided a breakdown of the subscription costs for each service below, alongside the best VPN to use with each.
|Streaming service||Price per month|
How to watch SNL season 48 from your country
Season 48 is currently airing in the US. With a reliable VPN, you can catch up on all the episodes you’ve missed from anywhere in the world.
You can also stream SNL online in the following countries:
Watch SNL in US
If you’re in the US and you have cable, you can tune into NBC to watch full episodes of SNL as they air. If you don’t have cable, you still have a variety of options on offer:
- fuboTV: this service includes NBC in its starter package. It has over 110 channels on offer, and there’s a 7-day free-trial for new users.
- Peacock TV: provides access to most NBC content (including live streams) as part of its monthly subscription.
- Sling TV: sign up for the Sling Blue or Sling Orange package to access NBC in select markets.
Even though you can watch SNL in the US without any restrictions, a VPN is still recommended for security reasons. That being said, whether you’re watching SNL in the US, UK, Australia, or Canada, you should use a VPN at all times.
Watch SNL in UK
Tuning in from the UK? Your best bet is to use Sky, which airs episodes of SNL every Sunday evening at 9pm on Sky Comedy. You can also catch up on recent SNL episodes with a Sky subscription.
Watch SNL in Australia
New episodes of SNL are available on Binge every Monday. New customers can enjoy a 14-day free trial, and prices are relatively low once your subscription kicks in.
Watch SNL in Canada
SNL airs in Canada at the same time as the US (11.30pm ET and 8.30pm PT on Saturdays). You can enjoy SNL content through the Canadian TV network Global TV, which airs episodes for free every week.
How to watch SNL on your device
Watching SNL online will differ slightly depending on the device that you’re using. To help you out, we’ve put together step-by-step guides for watching SNL on your PC, phone, and smart TV below.Before moving further, though, you might want to take a look at these in-depth guides that will help you to choose the best VPN for your wants and needs:
- VPNs for Windows – watch SNL with the most reliable VPNs for Windows
- VPNs for Mac – check the recommended VPNs for Mac and watch SNL
- VPNs for Linux – the list of the most capable VPNs for Linux
- VPNs for Android – best VPNs for Android to access SNL
- VPNs for iPhone – the most powerful VPNs for iPhone
Watch SNL on your computer
Using a PC to watch SNL online? Check out our instructions here:
- Choose a reliable VPN. NordVPN is a brilliant option!
- Install the VPN on your device
- Connect to a server in a location where SNL is available
- Open your streaming service of choice and enjoy!
Top tip: if SNL isn’t loading, you may need to clear the cache and cookies on your PC.
Watch SNL on your Android
If you’d like to stream SNL on your Android, simply check out our guide below:
- Pick a reliable VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Head to the Google Play Store
- Download the VPN mobile app
- Open settings in the VPN app and enable Override GPS location
- Locate Build Number in your phone settings and tap seven times
- In Developer Options, click Select Mock Location App
- Select your VPN, and start streaming!
Top tip: make sure that the location on your Google Play Store matches the country that your VPN is connecting to!
Watch SNL on your iOS (iPhone, iPad)
To watch SNL from anywhere on your iOS device, check out this guide:
- Pick a reliable VPN provider. We suggest NordVPN.
- Go to the App Store to download the mobile app for your VPN
- Open the VPN app and connect to your chosen server
- Once your IP address has changed, you can start streaming SNL!
Top tip: double-check that the location of your App Store matches the country that your VPN is connecting to!
Watch SNL on your smart TV
If you’d like to watch SNL on the big screen, check out our instructions below:
- Find and download a robust VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a server in a location where SNL is available
- Connect to your VPN network in your router admin
- Download the NBC app on your device
- Login and stream SNL!
Top tip: many smart TVs will let you download a VPN app directly. If yours doesn’t, just follow the process above to connect your router to a VPN.
How to watch SNL on streaming devices
In this section, we’ll take you through the process of watching SNL on various streaming devices.
You can also find in-depth information on choosing the best VPN for specific streaming services here:
- VPNs for Roku – watch SNL with the most recommended VPNs for Roku
- VPNs for Kodi – check the list of the best VPNs for Kodi and watch SNL
- VPNs for Firestick – the most reliable Firestick VPNs to watch SNL
Stream SNL on Roku
In order to stream SNL on Roku, you just need to add the NBC channel to your Roku device. It’s possible to do this from anywhere in the world if you change your IP address!
We’ve outlined the process here:
- Reset your Roku device
- Install a VPN on your router. We highly recommend NordVPN!
- Connect to a US server
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and go to the Channel Store
- Install the NBC app, login, and start streaming
Stream SNL on Kodi
Want to stream SNL on your Kodi device? We’ve got you covered with the following instructions:
- Download a robust VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN onto your router
- Install the NBC app onto your Kodi device
- Create an account/login to the app
- Stream SNL seamlessly!
Stream NBC on Firestick
To stream NBC on your Firestick, check out our simple guide below:
- Download and install a VPN with US servers. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to a server in the US
- Search for NBC on your Firestick device, then download the app
- Login to the app and search for SNL
- Sit back and enjoy the show!
Can’t stream SNL, even though you have a VPN?
If you’ve got a VPN set up, but you’re still struggling to stream SNL, don’t panic! It’s likely that you’re facing one of the following (easily remedied) problems:
- Your real IP address is leaking
- There are cookies on your device showing your true location
- The GPS location of your device and IP address don’t match up
- Your VPN isn’t able to bypass geo-restrictions
- NBC has blocked the servers that your VPN is using
To get around these issues, we suggest trying the following solutions:
- Find and enable the leak protection settings for your VPN
- Try out a new VPN provider
- Clear the cookies and cache on your device
- Give a different browser a try
- Contact the customer support service for your VPN
- Switch to a different VPN provider
If these tips don’t help, you should consider upgrading to a better VPN. Can’t find the right one? Check out the previously-suggested VPNs for watching Saturday Night live.
How to watch SNL for free
You may well be tempted to watch SNL using a free VPN provider. Unfortunately, free services tend to lack the functionality and security of their paid counterparts.
For instance, many free VPNs are funded through the sale of your data and tracked ads. This exposes you to risk from hackers. Free VPNs are often subject to data caps too, so you’ll be restricted in the amount of SNL content you can stream.
As far as free providers go, ProtonVPN and Atlas VPN are pretty reliable and don’t have data caps. You can find out more about the best free VPN services on the market here. Additionally, we recommend checking top VPNs for watching SNL as they're truly affordable and provide generous money-back guarantees that will allow you to watch SNL free for a limited time:
- NordVPN – 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – 7-day trial for macOS, Android, and iOS devices, as well as 30-day money-back guarantee for those of you who want to try it on Windows.
- IPVanish – 30-day money-back guarantee.
SNL season 48 information
SNL is powered by NBC. It brings together famous public figures to perform funny sketches on current topics. Today, SNL is one of the most popular parody sketch shows in the world.
The 48th season of SNL first aired on October 1st, hosted by Maverick star Miles Teller, and Kendrick Lamar as a musical guest. The rest of the season promises an equally impressive, star-studded line-up:
|Host and musical guest||Air date|
|Miles Teller and Kendrick Lamar||October 1, 2022|
|Brendan Gleeson and Willow||October 8, 2022|
|Megan Thee Stallion (host and musical guest)||October 15, 2022|
|Jack Harlow (host and musical guest)||October 29, 2022|
|Amy Schumer and Steve Lacy||November 5, 2022|
|Dave Chappelle and Black Star||November 12, 2022|
|Keke Palmer and SZA||December 3, 2022|
|Steve Martin & Martin Short, Brandi Carlile||December 10, 2022|
|Austin Butler and Lizzo||December 17, 2022|
|Aubrey Plaza and Sam Smith||January 21, 2023|
|Michael B. Jordan and Lil Baby||January 28, 2023|
|Pedro Pascal and Coldplay||February 4, 2023|
|Woody Harrelson and Jack White||February 25, 2023|
|Travis Kelce and Kelsea Ballerini||March 4, 2023|
|Jenna Ortega and The 1975||March 11, 2023|
|Quinta Brunson and Lil Yachty||April 1, 2023|
For all the latest updates, keep an eye on SNL’s Twitter page!
Our final thoughts
Fans of SNL never have to miss out on the action. All that you need to stream the new season is a reliable internet connection and a robust VPN. Armed with these tools, you can watch SNL from anywhere in the world.
By using a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, to watch SNL, you’ll be connected to a remote server – which provides a fresh IP address. This will let you bypass any regional or network connections. A VPN will also provide a host of super important security features to keep you safe online.
Have you tried using a VPN to watch SNL? We’d love to hear how you got on, so please leave your feedback in the comment section below!
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How to watch Love Island: catch every episode
How to watch Modern Family: find out how to watch online
How to watch Yellowstone: watch with the help of a VPN
How to watch Friends: everything on how and where to watch
How to watch CNN: unblock from anywhere with ease
How to watch The Office: binge-watch every episode
How can I watch SNL internationally?
You can watch SNL from anywhere in the world by using a VPN to change your IP address. This will unblock network and regional restrictions, allowing you to watch SNL on almost any streaming platform. We highly recommend NordVPN.
Does Amazon Prime have SNL?
If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can access some earlier episodes of SNL on the platform. However, it is currently not showing the latest season 48. You can check these streaming services to watch the latest SNL episodes: NBC, fuboTV, Sling TV, Peacock TV, Binge, and Sky Comedy.
Is it legal to watch SNL with a VPN?
It is perfectly legal to watch SNL by using a VPN provider. A VPN simply encrypts your internet traffic and activity so that it is kept private. NordVPN is a brilliant option for watching SNL. However, you should keep in mind that there are countries that ban or restrict the usage of VPNs, including China and Belarus.
Is SNL available on Netflix?
Regular live episodes of SNL are not available on Netflix. However, sometimes the platform streams special collections of episodes. Check the recommended streaming services for watching SNL on our provided list.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked