In this article, I’ve analyzed the 5 best sports team website builder options and compared their pricing, templates, editors, and extra features. There is also a guide at the bottom on how to create a sports website.
To have a website for a sports team, whether it’s a hobby-based sports organization or a professional one, is a must. It can help club members stay up-to-date with the team’s latest events and activities and attract new players. More so, professional sports teams will be able to market themselves more effectively and sell tickets to sports events on their official site.
While making an attractive and interactive website might seem daunting at first, a sports team website builder is an excellent way to have a site up and running with minimal fuss and costs involved. They require little-to-no technical skill and can produce a beautiful and functional website in as fast as a few hours.
Check out our 5 best solutions below!
Sports website builders: ranked
- Hostinger Website Builder – the best sports website builder overall
- SITE123 – simplistic and user-friendly sports team website builder
- Squarespace – premium builder for visually-stunning club and league websites
- Gator website builder – beginner-friendly and affordable builder for sports clubs websites
- Wix – very flexible and fully-customizable sports team website builder
Use the links above to jump to the builders that interest you. If you’re not sure how to pick a provider, check out our guide at the end of this article.
1. Hostinger Website Builder
|Features||Drag-and-drop editor, grid building system, AI tools, SEO and marketing tools|
|Templates||Over 130 all-purpose templates|
|Best for||Functional sports team sites on a budget|
|Free plan||Free demo version|
Hostinger Website Builder, formerly known as Zyro, is one of the best website builder for sports teams due to its ease of use, remarkably low prices, and premium features. Despite the very affordable price, the builder offers a wide array of responsive templates, freebies like a domain, an SSL, or a functional drag-and-drop editor that simplifies any sports project creation.
Why should you choose Hostinger Website Builder for your sports website?
Hostinger Website Builder is a functional and user-friendly website builder at a very competitive price. It’s suitable for all sorts of projects, including websites for sports clubs and fan clubs:
- Very affordable price: While Hostinger Website Builder has only one plan, it comes with very generous features like 100GB storage, 100 business email accounts, unmetered bandwidth, the ability to create up to 100 websites, a custom domain, free SSL, and much more. All of that for just $2.99/mo. Plus, if you go for the 48-month billing cycle, you'll get 3 months of services for free.
- 130+ modern templates: Hostinger Website Builder offers dozens of responsive and easily-customizable templates. More importantly, there are quite a few templates for sports sites specifically. Not feeling the templates available? Build a site yourself from scratch by opting for an empty grid.
- No-fuss editor: Hostinger Website Builder is one of the best drag-and-drop website builders. You can easily move elements around to your liking. However, since it follows a grid pattern, you have to comply with the placements dictated by a grid. This makes the entire process much simpler at the expense of design flexibility.
- Built-in SEO and marketing tools: If you need extra help with SEO (search engine optimization) and marketing, tools like Google Analytics and visitor remarketing are available for use. For easier communication with your users, Messenger and WhatsApp live chat integrations are also available. More so, Hostinger Website Builder includes many AI tools like the heatmap, as well as a slogan, logo, and content generator.
In short, Hostinger Website Builder is an affordable platform that comes with many premium additional features which will help in making a beautiful website for sports-related matters.
- Affordable prices starting at just $2.99/mo
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Many built-in features like AI, SEO, and marketing tools
- Best offer with 48-month billing cycle
- The editor's design flexibility is a little limited
|Features||Section-based editor, restricting parts of the website, SEO and marketing tools|
|Templates||Over 160 all-purpose templates|
|Best for||Quick and easy sports-related website making|
SITE123 is another functional sports website builder for simple and speedy site creation. This all-in-one platform offers ease of use, handy features for advertising, and even the ability to restrict parts of the site for membership owners only. SITE123 is a solid platform for those looking to make a site as quickly as 1,2,3.
Why should you choose SITE123 for your sports website?
SITE123 puts simplicity and ease of use above all else. It’s great for complete newbies who want to set up a website quickly without having to bother with too many steps:
- Inclusive pricing: SITE123’s paid plans cost between $11.88/mo and $45.00/mo but don’t let the premium pricing scare you. The cheapest one (Basic) already includes most of the functionalities needed to build a running website. For sports teams, however, I recommend getting the Advanced plan since it comes with 30GB of storage, 15GB of bandwidth, and mailboxes in exchange for $7 extra per month. There’s a free plan, too, but it’s too limited to be used for anything other than getting the feel of the builder.
- Variety of responsive templates: When it comes to templates, SITE123 has over 160 options to choose from. Around 15 of them are sports templates. Although these templates are not the most customizable or sleek-looking, they are all responsive, meaning your site will look great on a mobile device or any desktop devices.
- Simple design editing: SITE123’s editor is user-friendly and allows you to mix and match templates. It is quite limited in terms of customization due to its simplicity, but building a sports website with it becomes a piece of cake.
- Powerful features: To boost the site’s visibility and interaction, SITE123 offers features like SEO Adviser and an email marketing tool. Additionally, it also offers an events calendar, which will be useful for displaying upcoming games or any other upcoming events. You can even sell tickets to said events directly from your website.
Overall, SITE123 is one of the most beginner-friendly options for those looking to build websites for sports clubs. If you’re all about easy set-up and straightforward tools, don’t skip this one.
- Simple and clutter-free editor
- Over 160 responsive all-purpose templates
- Good SEO tools and marketing features
- Slightly more premium pricing
- Limited design customizability
|Features||Section-based editor, event planner, media integrations, SEO tool, basic website metrics|
|Templates||Over 110 all-purpose templates|
|Best for||Professional sports team or membership websites|
|Free plan||Free 14-day trial|
Squarespace is the best website builder for sports teams if visual impact is your number one priority. With plans starting at $16.00/mo, it offers visually-stunning templates and built-in event planning and eCommerce features. It’s a good choice for users looking to build an aesthetically pleasing team or a league website without too much effort.
Why should you choose Squarespace for your sports website?
Squarespace impresses many users with its high-impact results that require barely any effort. It’s highly recommended for building a professional-looking sports team website:
- Premium plans: Squarespace has 4 plans, with monthly costs ranging from $16.00 to $49.00. These prices are on the premium side, but you get a free domain, SSL, and unlimited websites/bandwidth even with the entry-level option. To secure the best value, I suggest getting the Business plan for regular websites, and the Basic Commerce plan if you’re selling club merchandise and/or tickets. At the same time, Squarespace also offers a free 14-day trial to see if the builder suits your needs.
- Beautiful templates: No other sports website builder can beat Squarespace when it comes to template designs. With 110 functional, responsive, and visually stunning options, a professional-looking result is pretty much guaranteed.
- Intuitive editor: Squarespace offers a simple content section-based editor that is both very straightforward and functional. While the design flexibility is not the highest, the results will be stunning regardless.
- Useful built-in features: The builder does not slack when it comes to additional features. All plans come with social media integrations, SEO tools, eCommerce functionality (all plans except Personal), and Tock integration, which allows you to set up events and sell tickets or make bookings on your site.
In summary, Squarespace is a premium solution that offers stunning template design. More so, its intuitive page editor makes the building process simple for both experienced and first-time users.
- Easy-to-use section-based editor
- Beautiful and professional-looking templates
- Rich eCommerce toolset
- More premium prices
- Limited design flexibility options
4. Gator website builder
|Features||Block-based editor editor, events and scheduling, email marketing, social media integration|
|Templates||Over 130 all-purpose templates|
|Best for||Building sports blogs and smaller sports sites|
Gator is yet another simplistic, multi-purpose sports website builder that’s light on the pocket. For just $3.46/mo, you get to enjoy a functional block-based editor, a wide variety of responsive templates, and freebies like a domain, an SSL, and many more. In simple words, Gator is perfect for anyone looking to build simple team and league websites.
Why should you choose Gator for your sports website?
Gator is a simplistic and affordable, yet very full-featured sports team website builder. Here are some of the main features the builder has to offer:
- Easy on the pocket: Gator’s pricing plans range from $3.46/mo to $8.30/mo. However, for a low price, you get all the essentials like a free domain, SSL, and unlimited bandwidth. The Express Start plan is good enough for simple sports team websites, but choose Express Store if you’re planning to sell tickets and/or team merchandise products, as it comes with zero transaction fees and unlimited products.
- Large template library: Gator offers over 200 templates to choose from, with 16 of them being sports-related. While the designs could be slightly more modern, the variety of designs makes up for it. And best of all, all templates can be further edited to suit your needs and are responsive and adaptive to any device the user may prefer.
- Easy-to-use editor: Gator is well known for its simplicity. You can choose 1 out of 2 approaches when building a site – Express (Gator automatically generates a site based on your answers to a couple of questions) and Traditional (you get to choose a template and edit it to your liking), both lead you to a simplistic block-based editor. The editor is pretty intuitive and allows you to insert a variety of elements like image galleries, forms, and many more easily.
- Built-in functionalities: Gator comes with many helpful features like an events and scheduling page, email marketing, and social media integration. The Express Store plan also offers advanced shipping management, which you can take advantage of if you’re planning on selling merch.
Briefly, Gator is a straightforward builder that offers competitively priced plans. It’s worth considering especially if you’re looking for an entry plan that lets you try out more features than usual.
- Affordable plans with prices starting at $3.46/mo
- Simplistic and beginner-friendly block-based editor
- All plans come with a free domain and an SSL
- Outdated template designs
- Limited design flexibility
|Features||2 editors, SEO features, social media integration, and email marketing tools|
|Templates||Over 800 all-purpose templates|
|Best for||One-of-a-kind and highly customized sports site|
Wix is well-known for being fully customizable, thus making it an awesome sports team website builder if you want to enjoy as much freedom in designing as possible. The entry-level plan will set you back $16.00/mo. No matter what plan you choose, you will get 800+ templates, 2 editors, and helpful eCommerce and events functionalities.
Why should you choose Wix for your sports website?
Wix emphasizes artistic freedom, so it’s a great fit if you’re highly particular about the website you want to set up:
- Reasonable pricing: Wix plans start at $0.00/mo and go as high as $59.00/mo. However, the free plan is only good to test the builder out, not building professional sports teams' sites. Therefore, pricing plans are the way to go, with the best one being Pro ($59.00/mo), as it comes with 50GB storage, free domain, and SSL, as well as an event calendar app. Now, if you wish to sell tickets or run a fan shop online, the Business Unlimited plan ($27.00/mo) offers the best value.
- 800+ theme options: Wix has the largest template library in the industry, with over 800 different ones to choose from. Even better, all templates are well designed, modern-looking, and responsive.
- Flexible design experience: Wix comes with 2 editors that require no coding skills. For complete design freedom, you can pick one out of many templates and edit it with a fully-flexible drag-and-drop editor. On the other hand, for a quicker site-building process, you can go with ADI (artificial design intelligence), which automatically designs a website for you. While a drag-and-drop editor gives you full freedom, ADI is preferred by newcomers due to its simplicity and less intense customization options.
- Nice eCommerce and event functionalities: All Business and eCommerce plans guarantee secure online payments, allow the selling of unlimited products, as well as memberships. You can also monetize standalone videos of your choice or use a convenient scheduling solution to set up workshops or conferences.
All in all, Wix is unbeatable when it comes to design customization. The eCommerce functionalities offered by Wix’s business plans are tempting selling points, too.
- Fully flexible drag-and-drop editor
- 800+ well-designed templates
- Good eCommerce and events tools
- More premium prices
- Design flexibility might be overwhelming
Sports website builders: final recommendations
While there are no set requirements for a good sports website builder, it should be reasonably priced and offer a variety of design and marketing-related features. Most importantly, it should be easy to use. Based on these criteria, we have narrowed it down to 5 website builders that’ll make the process of building a sports blog or a sports club site as simple as it gets.
- Hostinger Website Builder is an affordable and functional drag-and-drop builder for small-to-medium sports websites.
- SITE123 offers a streamlined process for a fast and simplistic website building experience.
- Squarespace offers plenty of designer-made templates and built-in tools for any sports site.
- Gator website builder is a beginner-friendly builder for speedy sports organization site creation.
- Wix offers full design flexibility and many advanced tools for a feature-rich sports project.
How do I create a sports website?
There are no set rules for building a sports website. The process is pretty straightforward and does not require loads of skills. However, before you jump right to it, consider a few things, like whether you prefer a web builder or a web hosting service, how much of the server resources you’ll need, and what additional features will benefit you best.
Let’s look at these steps in more detail:
- Choose the best site-building approach – web builder vs web hosting: Hosting tends to be cheaper and gives you more control in terms of content management, while website builders offer more creative freedom. In the end, the choice depends on what you need. If you wish to manage the technical aspects of your site, hosting is a good solution. However, if visual creativity is what you’re after – a website builder is the way to go.
- Decide on the website’s purpose and size: There are many types of sports websites, so before making one, you’ll need to decide whether you’re going for a small sports blog or a large website for sports clubs, or a sports league. Hostinger Website Builder or Gator website builder and their entry plans will be good for smaller sites, while large websites will need more resources and advanced features that can be found with Wix or Squarespace and their pricier plans.
- Add functionalities as needed: on top of preliminary server resources, you’ll have to evaluate what kind of functionalities the site will need too. Maybe you’re looking to set up an online merch shop or simply sell tickets to events online. Gator website builder, Wix, and Squarespace have strong eCommerce functionalities. Do you plan to maintain a calendar for team schedules? SITE123, Hostinger Website Builder, and Wix are pretty good on this front. Lastly, if search engine optimization (SEO) and social media features are something you think you might need, all providers mentioned in this article have something to offer.
All in all, building a sports website is not a very difficult task. All you have to do is decide whether you wish to go for website hosting or for a website builder, estimate the size and popularity of your site, and really think about what features your site might benefit from.
Sports website builders FAQs
How do I create a football club website?
To create a football club website, start by choosing the right website builder. Then, design your website using a sports team template or opt for an AI design tool (whichever one is used by the provider you chose). Customize the website by choosing a color scheme, integrating your content, and adding functionalities as needed!
What is the purpose of sports website?
The main purpose of a sports website is to build an online presence and awareness around the sports teams or sports events. It allows you to keep audiences informed about the upcoming matches and sell tickets or merchandise online.
How can I improve my sports website?
You can improve your sports website by identifying a need that your current design fails to address adequately. Some common improvements include updating contact info and adding useful features like a contact form or events calendar. You can also consult a professional UI/UX designer to identify weaknesses in the website.