Fortnite is one of the most popular online games, with millions of players all over the world. But if you break Fortnite’s rules (or its Terms of Service), your IP address might get banned, which means you can’t play Fortnite anymore. Bans have been dished out for things like cheating, as well as more innocent reasons, so what do you do if you get a Fortnite ban?
Don’t worry, because we have the solution. All you need to do is download a good VPN. In this guide, we’ll tell you exactly how to get you unbanned from Fortnite using a VPN on a PC or other device.
How to get unbanned from Fortnite with VPN
Why am I getting banned on Fortnite?
Fortnite has a huge community of online gamers all playing together from around the world. As such, it has a number of rules in its Terms of Service to ensure its players can enjoy the game safely and that no one has an unfair advantage.
If you break the rules, your account and IP address could face sanctions. This can go all the way to a permanent ban.
You can get a Fortnite ban if you do any of the following:
- Sharing personal information – revealing (or threatening to reveal) other users’ real names, locations and other personal data is not permitted.
- Bullying – attempting to threaten, harass, intimidate, or abuse other players is not allowed.
- Impersonating others – don’t pretend to be other players, celebrities, streamers, or anyone else.
- Teaming – this is when gamers on opposing teams play together to get an unfair advantage on other players.
- Discrimination – hate against ethnicities, sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, and more is a big no.
- Cheating – exploiting or promoting glitches and bugs and general cheating in Fortnite is not okay.
- Posting inappropriate content – never post any content that could have a negative impact on other gamers.
- Scamming or deceiving other gamers is not allowed.
- Promoting illegal activities – this can include drugs, doxing, gambling, phishing, and swatting.
- Inciting violence – never threaten anyone with violence, or threaten to harm yourself.
These are just some of the ways you can get a Fortnite ban. If you do break the game’s rules, you might not get a ban right away, but you may receive a warning first. Epic Games will look at your account and consider any prior offenses to determine the severity of the punishment.
How to get unbanned from Fortnite with VPN
You can get a Fortnite ban for all sorts of reasons. Luckily, with the help of a VPN, you can easily get around a Fortnite ban. Let's take a detailed look at what exactly you need to do to get back on Fortnite.
1. Pick a premium VPN
To get around a Fortnite IP ban, you just need to change your IP address. A VPN can do this in seconds, but you want to pick one of the best VPN for Fortnite to ensure you can continue to play Fortnite without any hitches.
NordVPN comes highly recommended, as it’s got a number of features that make it ideal for gaming. It has servers all over the world, it boasts excellent security features, including the 256 AES encryption. It’s very fast and it offers unlimited bandwidth. So, not only can you get around a Fortnite ban, you won’t experience any lag in your game either.
2. Download and install a VPN
So now that you’ve decided on a VPN, the next thing to do is download it onto your device. Another great feature of NordVPN is that it’s available for desktop, laptop, mobile, and tablet.
Pick a payment plan that suits your budget and needs, and you’re almost ready to go. You’ll see that NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can be absolutely sure you’re happy with the service.
Once it’s downloaded onto your device, launch the app and follow the simple installation steps. This should only take a few moments.
3. Connect to a new server
Once your VPN is fully installed, you’ll need to connect to a new server. This will then give you a new IP address which will get you around the Fortnite ban. NordVPN offers servers all around the world, so you can pick a server that’s nearby, or even in a different country, to get optimum speeds and the best connection for gaming.
4. Create a new Fortnite account and start playing
Now you should be good to go! Just create a new Fortnite account, log in, and you should be able to play free from any ban.
How can I avoid an IP ban in Fortnite?
If you don’t want to get a Fortnite ban in the first place, it’s best to stick to the game’s rules and Terms of Service. Avoid using cheating apps like ‘aimbots’ to improve your abilities, be respectful to other gamers, don’t team up with opposing players, and don’t attempt to sell your account or buy someone else’s.
These are just some of the things you should avoid if you don’t want to get banned from Fortnite. But remember, if you do end up with an IP ban, all you need to do is get a reputable VPN and you can start playing again.
Can I get around a Fortnite IP ban with a free VPN?
Some VPNs offer a free service, but free VPNs are not as secure and your data may be sold to third parties. In fact, using a free VPN could actually get you banned again from Fortnite! To make sure you can bypass your Fortnite ban, it’s recommended that you use a top VPN that’s known to be reliable for gaming. The best VPNs usually have a small fee involved, but as the saying goes – you get what you pay for.
Only the best VPNs are primed to evade detection by Fortnite, as well as offering the best possible connections for gaming. Premium VPNs will usually offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you’re not sure, you can simply try out the service and decide for yourself if it’s worth the money.
Fortnite ban rules explained
Fortnite, like many online multiplayer games, has rules and policies in place to ensure fair play and a positive gaming experience for all players. Violating these rules can result in various forms of punishment, such as temporary, up to 30-day suspensions, and in severe cases – a permanent ban from the game. Here are some general violations that can get you permanently banned from Fortnite:
- Cheating. It’s one of the most common reasons why you can get permanently banned from Fortnite. Epic Games has a zero tolerance for cheating and using unauthorized hacks to gain an advantage while playing the game. So, using speed hacks, aimbots, or other cheats can earn you a permanent suspension on Fortnite.
- Buying and selling accounts. While it’s not a crime, selling, buying, or even gifting an account goes against Fortnite’s terms of service. It can get you permanently banned from the game.
- Inappropriate behavior. Fortnite doesn’t tolerate hate speech, harassment, bullying, abusive language, and other forms of disrespectful behavior. If you engage in one of these, you can face a permanent ban on Fortnite.
- Fraud and illegal purchases. Engaging in fraudulent activities on Fortnite, such as using stolen credit cards, can earn a permanent ban. The game only allows legitimate and lawful purchases and dispute procedures within the game.
- Bypassing bans. If you attempt to circumvent a ban on Fortnite with a new account using an unreliable VPN, this can potentially result in a permanent exclusion from the game. While Epic Games don’t specifically state that using a VPN goes against the terms of service, it can still trigger anti-cheating systems.
More VPN guides from Cybernews:
How to Get Unbanned From Discord: don't lose the connection to your precious gaming circles
How to Bypass VPN Blocks & Stay Undetectable: become a ghost with these proven methods
Pokemon GO Spoofing: don't leave your house when catching these battle pets
Best Warzone VPNs: get into bot lobbies
How to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cheaper: learn how to save on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
How do you tell if you're banned on Fortnite?
You can tell that you’re banned on Fortnite by seeing a ban message, like: “You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.” Usually, Fortnite indicates the reason of your account’s ban and the ban length.
How long do Fortnite IP bans last?
A Fortnite ban can last from 10 days to 30 days to a lifetime. The length of the ban will usually depend on factors such as severity of the offense and number of previous offenses. If you do end up with a Fortnite ban, you can get back to the game immediately by using a VPN to hide your IP address.
Can you get banned for having two Fortnite accounts?
You’re allowed to have two Fortnite accounts for your personal gaming. But you’re not permitted to share, sell, or buy Fortnite accounts to and from other users. If you do, you might receive a ban. But if for any reason you do get a Fortnite ban, you can use a VPN to get back into the game without any hassle.
Which country is Fortnite banned in?
Fortnite is banned in multiple countries. For instance, it's completely banned in Iraq, and its Arena mode is banned in China. However, you can play Fortnite wherever you are in the world if you use a VPN. A VPN can change your IP address so that you can access the game from anywhere in the world, even in banned countries.
Can you get banned on Fortnite for swearing?
Yes, you can get banned on Fortnite for swearing because it goes against the game’s terms of services. You can face a temporary or a permanent ban for harassment, hate speech, bullying, and inappropriate language.
Can you get banned on Fortnite for being under 13?
Yes, you can get banned on Fortnite for being under 13 if you play without your parents’ consent. It’s due to Fortnite’s age restriction and the game’s terms and conditions, stating that the player must be at least 13 years old to create an account to play the game.
Can you get banned for using a VPN on Fortnite?
Yes, using a VPN on Fortnite can potentially get you a ban or a temporary suspension. However, Epic Games don’t specifically state that using a VPN is a bannable action, but it can still trigger anti-cheating systems. To avoid getting banned for using a VPN on Fortnite, we recommend using a reliable VPN like NordVPN with an obfuscation feature that hides a VPN usage, and includes a large server network for easy IP switching. You can avoid getting banned on Fortnite with NordVPN for just $3.39/month.