How to stop ads on MX Player in 2023
MX Player is one of the most popular video streaming and video-on-demand platform that also uses quite an amount of advertisement. Initially, a free OTT (over-the-top) service primarily released in India uses ads to make an income that paid users would bring instead. However, for the viewer, advertisement isn’t only annoying but also dangerous.
While enjoying a movie or a TV show via MX Player, you may have encountered video, display, and audio ads, among other types of commercials. To provide you with those targeted ads, the platform must collect some of your private information, which can also be sold to third parties. Fortunately, you can easily get rid of MX Player ads.
In this article, you will learn how to stop ads on MX Player using one of the 3 tested effective methods, for instance, a . Continue reading, learn more about MX Player commercials, and select your top solution.
How to stop ads on MX Player with an ad blocker
- Select an ad blocker that removes various ads. We recommend NordVPN Threat Protection, now 68% OFF
- Download and install the application
- Spot the Shield icon and click on it
- Enable the Threat Protection toggle
- Open MX Player and enjoy ad-free streaming
Why you might want to block ads on MX Player
If you’re having second thoughts about removing ads on MX Player, check the list below and find out why doing it’s a good idea:
- Prevent data leaks. To offer you relevant ads, MX Player and other platforms must collect your specific data. The information may also be passed to third-party companies. Hence, it’s easy for you to get exposed.
- Avoid cyber threats. Some ads on MX Player may be infected with malware. Clicking on a single bogus advertisement may be enough to allow the virus to settle onto your device.
- Improve streaming performance. Ads may put loads of strain on your device’s resources. Removing them will help you have better streaming and overall device performance.
- Save data usage. To present ads onto your screen, they are downloaded automatically first using your cellular data. Blocking ads can help you save loads of mobile data and, of course, money.
- Enjoy uninterrupted content. Finally, ads can be very frustrating, interfering with your time watching a long-awaited movie. Additionally, some ads may be inappropriate, causing damage to children.
How to stop ads in MX Player – 3 methods
The good news is that you don’t have to put up with MX Player ads interrupting your time while enjoying movies or TV series. In fact, removing these ads is effortless when going the right way.
Below, you will find the best 3 ways of blocking ads on MX Player that we tested and picked ourselves. We also must admit that using a robust ad blocker is our top option due to additional online security. Read on and see yourself.
1. Block MX Player ads with an ad blocker: detailed guide
Ad blockers often come as a part of an all-around security service, for example, a reputable VPN. Therefore, choosing to block ads on MX Player with an ad blocker, like NordVPN Threat Protection, will not only prevent advertisements from showing up, but it will also help you stop online tracking, mask your browsing activity, and avoid malicious websites.
Here’s how to use an ad blocker to block ads on MX Player:
- Choose a robust ad blocker. Our top choice is NordVPN Threat Protection
- Select the subscription plan or use a free trial on the Android smartphone
- Download and install the application
- Log in to your account
- On the left-side application menu, find the Shield icon, and click on it
- Enable the Threat Protection feature by clicking the toggle
- The confirmation message will pop out. There, you can select to enable malware scans too, which we recommend doing
- Select the Turn on Threat Protection option
- Open MX Player and start watching movies ad-free
2. Get the MX Player Gold version
MX Player Gold version is an upgraded version of the service that gives early access to content, allows simultaneous use on up to 5 devices, supports content downloads, and, most importantly, offers an ad-free experience. All this comes for either a $6.09 (INR 499) yearly or a $3.65 (INR 299) quarterly payment.
While ad blockers may cost around $3.19/month, the MX Player Gold version seems like a more budget-friendly option. Nevertheless, a reputable ad blocker brings extra value to your online experience, as it works not only with MX Player but also with various other streaming services and websites. For instance, you can even remove ads on Peacock TV.
3. Get MX Player Pro Mod
MX Player Pro Mod is an unauthorized modified version of the MX Player app. While this way, you can access all premium MX Player features without spending a penny, this method may be illegal in certain regions and even risky regarding your online safety.
First, you may be penalized for pirating, as you would be downloading content without official approval. Modded apps are also threatful to your online privacy and safety, as they may contain malware and track your online activity. Therefore, we strongly advise using a secure ad blocker, like NordVPN Threat Protection, that effectively blocks ads and boosts your online privacy.
You have learned that you can block ads on MX Player and that it’s relatively easy if choosing the correct method. Removing ads on this streaming service isn’t only a matter of comfort – it also includes your online safety.
Considering that, our top recommendation for blocking MX Player ads is using an ad blocker, such as NordVPN Threat Protection. This way, you will be able to get rid of video and display ads, pop-ups, as well as other types of commercials. Moreover, a robust ad blocker includes additional security features, like a VPN or an antivirus, helping you to stay protected online at all times.
If not an ad blocker, you may also subscribe to the MX Player Gold version or give it a try to the unauthorized MX Player Pro Mod.
Best ad blockers deals this week:
More ad blocking guides from Cybernews:
How do I stop ads in MX Player?
You can stop ads in MX Player in 3 different ways. You may use an ad blocker, such as NordVPN Threat Protection, which removes various ads not only on MX Player but elsewhere too. Other methods include subscribing to the MX Player Gold version or getting MX Player Pro Mod.
Does MX Player have ads?
Yes, MX Player does have ads. Since the majority of users use MX Player for free, the service plays ads to convert some amount of income to continue developing the app. While using MX Player, you may encounter video, interstitial, and contextual ads, as well as banners or pop-ups, among others.
How do I block ads on MX Player without rooting?
The best way to block ads on MX Player without rooting is to use an ad blocker. Installing a robust ad blocker, like NordVPN Threat Protection, will quickly help you remove ads on MX Player without having to risk your online security.