Best law firm website builder – build your clientele online
Having an online presence as a lawyer is basically money in your pocket. A website is the best way for a lawyer to find new clients, and that can be done with the use of a website builder.
If you’re still doubting whether you should have a website or not, remember that tens of thousands of people are looking for different lawyers online each month. According to average monthly data provided by Ahrefs, "car accident lawyer" has been searched 45k times, and "lawyer near me" has been Googled 47k times. By using keywords specific to your niche, you’ll bring in many new eyes to your website.
But not everyone is tech-savvy. And not all budgets can afford a web developer. That is why I recommend a website builder – the ideal solution for both problems. You can build a website with ease and not break your budget.
With a website builder, all you have to do is pick the best option with the right tools and get right onto designing. Don’t worry, it’s not at all difficult or time-consuming.
I found multiple builders that qualify for the title of the best website builder for lawyers. They have all the necessary features for a lawyer website, like online bookings and scheduling tools (I’ll show all of them in use!), and, of course, incredible ease of use. However, before getting into more details, let’s get you acquainted.
Best law firm website builder: ranked
- Zyro – best law firm website builder overall
- Squarespace – premium lawyer website builder
- Wix – most flexible legal website builder
- SITE123 – easiest to use attorney website builder
- GoDaddy website builder – business-oriented website builder for lawyers
|Price||Starts from $2.90/month|
|Features||Contact forms, consultation booking, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for||Affordable and easy website building|
Zyro is one of the cheapest website builders for law firms you can find. Apart from that, it has professional-looking templates, SEO tools, and booking functionalities. Plus, it’s easy to use; the intuitive drag and drop editor helps you build your website in minutes.
Of all the features Zyro brings to the table, here are the tools that will definitely help you build a great lawyer website:
- Professional contact forms – make contacting you for your clients easy.
- Online consultation booking – allow your clients to book their appointments online.
- Blogging tools – the best option for marketing and SEO purposes.
- Mobile-friendly website designs – your clients will be able to easily navigate your website through their phones.
- Sitewide SEO tools – optimize your site and strengthen your online presence.
Creating a law firm website with Zyro
- Building a website – choose whether you want an AI to build your website or if you want to pick a template and build on top of it. If you go with the second option, you’ll get…
- Templates – Zyro offers 130+ templates for you to choose from. While it doesn’t have a separate Law category, you’ll find law-related templates in the Services section.
- Drag and drop editor – building on top of a template or an AI-generated website is made easy with Zyro’s drag and drop editor.
Zyro makes the building process very straightforward. First, you make an account. After that, you access your dashboard and click on the Create New Website button in the top-right corner of the page. Then, you’re asked if you want to choose a template to build on or allow Zyro’s AI to generate a website for you.
Zyro’s AI can generate beautiful designs, but I recommend you go with a template – there you can choose between 130+ professional designs. While there is no category for Law, you’ll find suitable templates for lawyers in the Services category.
After you pick a template, you finally get to see the design editor.
Zyro’s drag-and-drop editor is easy to navigate. Everything you need can be found in the menu on the left. You can add pages and elements, and even play a little bit with the website’s style. If you’re curious about booking, Zyro makes it very simple. Just simply drop the booking element to your bookings or contact page and start filling up your calendar. For instance, from the Add elements menu, I was able to create a contact form that allows clients to contact me online. I just dragged it onto the page, and that was it.
The next thing I did was add a blog to my website. A blog serves multiple purposes, but it also helps you rank better in search engines by using specific keywords for your niche. If you use them in your articles, you’ll bring more organic traffic, leading to conversions. Pretty simple, right? While Zyro’s blogging tool is quite minimalistic, it will get the job done.
Again, for SEO purposes, Zyro added a few tools that will help you optimize your pages. With Zyro’s SEO tools, you get the opportunity to make both sitewide changes to your website, or additional tweaks to rank better on search engines, such as meta titles and meta descriptions.
Now you have a blog and have configured all your SEO options. But to build trust with your website, you need two additional things – a custom domain and a professional email address. Luckily, Zyro offers both – the custom domain is free for one year, and the email is free for 3 months. After that, the price for a .com domain would be $13.99/year, while the price for the professional email would be $2.19/month per email account (excluding VAT). Now, instead of having a website with an URL like lawyer.zyro.com or an email that ends with Gmail, you can truly reflect your firm in the best and the most professional way.
Zyro also offers great AI tools. One tool I really liked is the AI Heatmap, which predicts visitors’ behavior so that you know which part catches the eye best. With the help of this tool, you’ll be able to place the most relevant information in places where your visitors are most likely to look.
There’s also a free logo maker – a great option to consider if you do not have a logo for your law firm.
In case you use social networks to resolve clients’ concerns, Zyro offers Social Media integration – you can connect your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to your law firm's website.
Lastly, people tend to make simple Google searches on their phones, which is why you need a mobile-friendly template. For that case, you’ll be happy to know that all of Zyro’s templates are optimized for mobile devices. You can even take a look at how your website looks before publishing it.
The bottom line is that Zyro can make an excellent solo law firm website. It has all the right tools to help get more clients online, and you can create a genuinely professional website with minimal effort.
For what you need, Zyro has 4 premium plans. Each plan includes the following: an SSL certificate, free email for 3 months, and free web hosting. Still, the plans are not all the same:
- Basic - $2.90/month – 3GB bandwidth and 1GB storage
- Unleashed - $3.90/month – unlimited bandwidth and storage, free custom domain for a year, messenger live chat, Google analytics, Google Tag Manager, Stripe payment integration, embed code, WhatsApp live chat
- eCommerce - $9.90/month – accept online payment, sell 100 products, ship and tax management, plus all the features from Unleashed
- eCommerce Plus - $14.90/month – you can sell 2500 products, abandoned cart recovery, sell on social media and Amazon, and product filters
The best choice for a law first is the Unleashed plan. For just $3.90/month, you have all the necessary resources to create and grow your law firm website.
- Affordable prices starting at $2.90/mo
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor
- Functional SEO and marketing tools
- Not a lot of design flexibility
- Email is free only for 3 months
|Price||Starts from $12/month|
|Features||Scheduling, Google My Business, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for||Visually-appealing website building|
Squarespace is a premium website builder that can assist you with creating a professional website for your law firm. It’s easy to use, with a section-based editor. It’s mostly famous for its design appeal – the templates are designed to leave a lasting impression, but the best part is that the builder relies primarily on in-house features rather than 3rd-party apps.
Here are a few law firms oriented features that Squarespace offers:
- Professional scheduling – clients can quickly view your availability and book their own appointments
- Powerful SEO and marketing tools – a must for a good online presence
- Contact form – add contact information, a form, a map, and hours of operation
- Blogging tools – blog is the center of your online identity, utilize this tool for better ranking on search engines
- Google My Business – create and manage online listings for your business's physical location directly from your site
Creating a law firm website with Squarespace
- Building a website – start by picking a template that you’d like to use
- Templates – Squarespace has 110 templates for you to choose from. The Professional Services category includes quite a few templates for law firms
- Section-based editor – Squarespace’s editor, while quite limited, guarantees a beautiful end result without anything accidentally messed up
Squarespace uses a streamlined web creation process. After you sign up, you have to click on the New Website button and then pick a template.
You won’t find dedicated themes for the legal niche. However, the Professional Services category includes a few templates for attorneys. Here’s Corrigan, probably my favorite template out of the bunch:
It looks professional, and it’s easy on the eye. After picking this template, I was redirected to the editor. Squarespace uses a section-based editor, which is easy to use even for complete beginners. The menu on the left includes everything you need for your upcoming website.
You are free to add pages and change design elements such as button styles, colors, and fonts. Design flexibility is pretty limited, but it makes it easy to create clean and professional websites in short periods of time.
SEO and marketing tools can be found on the same menu under Marketing. You get to edit all your meta titles and descriptions, change your URLs, integrate social media into your site, and even start an email newsletter campaign. They’re pretty great with doing what they’re supposed to do – grow your online presence by bringing organic traffic.
Speaking of SEO, Squarespace has a built-in blog where you can post articles containing relevant keywords for your specific niche. Utilize meta title and description fields for even better results. The same blog can be used to showcase testimonials from your previous clients, which definitely builds trust.
Another helpful tool is Squarespace Scheduling, powered by Acuity. This particular option allows visitors to book an appointment. Once the appointment is made, it will be put into your calendar. Just keep in mind that this tool is not free.
If you do not want to pay for that, you still have the possibility of creating a contact form. To do that, just click on Add Section on one of your pages, and you’ll be able to add whatever you need, in this case, a contact form.
Last but not least, Squarespace lets you link the website to your Google My Business account. It’s great for local traffic, and Google My Business is a powerful tool for additionally strengthening your site’s SEO. Just set up an account with Google, and then add it to your Squarespace site. For that to happen, you have to access Location Management under Marketing in the left menu of your editor.
Overall, Squarespace is a suitable website builder for a law firm because it has Contact forms and scheduling tools to help you out. It’s easy to use, and the templates are beautifully designed. Additionally, SEO, marketing, and Google My Business will help you establish your business and bring in new clients.
Squarespace offers 4 plans. All of them include a free domain for a year, an SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth and storage, as well as built-in metrics. Here’s what is different:
- Personal - $12/month – all the features above
- Business - $18/month – professional email from Google free for one year and eCommerce features. Gift cards and online payments are available
- Basic eCommerce - $26/month – everything from Business plus no transaction fees. This plan also lets you have customer accounts. You can sell on social media. Plus, you gain access to analytics and merchandising tools
- Advanced eCommerce - $40/month – everything from the other plans plus subscriptions, abandoned cart recovery, advanced shipping, advanced discounts, and Commerce APIs
In all honesty, you can create a professional website for your law firm with the Personal plan. There’s no need to overpay for eCommerce features, and there are plenty of resources to make a great law firm website.
- Easy to use design editor
- Professional and visually stunning templates
- Great marketing and SEO tools
- Limited customization
- Not many dedicated templates
|Price||Starts from $14/month|
|Features||Google My Business, online scheduling, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for||Incredible design flexibility|
Wix is the most flexible website builder you’ll come across. 800+ template selection definitely has options for your specific needs, while Artificial Design Intelligence can be used to tailor a custom design, too.
Wix comes with a plethora of helpful features, but here’s what you’ll find the most useful for a law or attorney website:
- Online scheduling – let your clients’ book appointments or services and pay online
- Mobile-friendly – website design is automatically resized for smaller screens
- Google My Business – boost your online presence through Google Search and Maps
- Powerful SEO and marketing tools – effortlessly maximize your site’s performance
- Blogging tools – great for educating potential clients and establishing authority
Creating a law firm website with Wix
- Building a website – choose between picking a template and editing it with a regular editor or letting an AI generate you a website with Wix ADI
- Templates – Wix offers 800+ templates for you to pick, including dedicated templates for lawyers and law firms
- Two editors – the regular Wix editor is a traditional drag and drop, with plenty of functions to choose from. The Wix ADI is a little more limited, but you always have a possibility to switch to the regular editor
Not only is Wix a highly customizable website builder, but it’s also incredibly easy to use. While it has plenty of customization options that may look scary at first, it’s very easy to learn.
Once you sign up, you will reach your Wix dashboard, where you can click on the New Website button. You’ll first be asked what kind of website you’re interested in so that the builder can recommend the best possible templates. Then you’ll have to choose between picking a template and editing it or have Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) to build one for you.
Even if you let ADI create a website, you can still edit it later. However, building on a template is easy, and you shouldn’t run from it – there are numerous templates that are dedicated to the legal niche.
Wix’s templates always look great, so it’s not a surprise that the ones for the legal niche are also extremely pleasing to the eyes. Not to mention, all of the templates adapt for mobile devices too.
Now, after you choose a template, you will meet the editor. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but trust me, you’ll learn to navigate it pretty fast. The hamburger menu at the top can be customized to display the most used tools, making editing faster and easier.
This menu on the left is truly the gateway to all options possible. You can add and manage pages, add and edit elements, media, and apps, and whatever else you can think of.
One of the tools I’m sure you’ll want to use is online booking. To create such a section, you have to press the Add to site button in the left menu. Just place the form anywhere you see fit, it’s that easy.
A blogging tool is available as well. You can post articles, testimonials, and whatever else you think is necessary. Having more content on your website with all the right keywords definitely means more traffic!
But to get that traffic, you’ll want to optimize your articles. For that, Wix offers SEO tools so you can edit meta titles, descriptions, check sitemap, and set up redirects. If you’re not satisfied with what you get, you can browse Wix’s app market too – but keep in mind that not everything in the app market is free.
Lastly, to improve your local SEO, Wix allows you to promote your law firm on Google Search and Maps.
Needless to say, Wix is an incredibly powerful tool and can make for an excellent website builder for lawyers. It has all the right features and is easy to use.
Wix has both regular and eCommerce plans, and for a law firm, you’ll need one of the regular plans.
All 4 premium plans come with a free SSL certificate and a domain, but the latter is free only for one year. Here is how they differ:
- Combo - $14/month – 3GB of storage and 2 GB bandwidth
- Unlimited - $18/month – 10GB of storage, unlimited bandwidth, $300 worth of ad vouchers, a site booster app, and an analytics app, both free for one year
- Pro - $23/month – 20GB of storage, unlimited bandwidth, an events calendar app (free for 1 year), professional logo, and professional logo files
- VIP - $39/month – similar to Pro, but the storage goes up to 25GB. Priority support is available as well
The Unlimited Plan is very suitable for a law firm website. It costs only $4 more than the Combo plan and has way more resources.
- Incredible customization options
- Over 800 beautiful and responsive templates
- Top-notch SEO and marketing tools
- Can get expensive
- Slight learning curve due to many functionalities
|Price||Starts from $7.80/month|
|Features||Testimonial sections, consultation booking, SEO tools|
|Best for||Quick and easy website building|
SITE123 is a simplistic website builder, but it shouldn’t be underestimated. The best feature of this website builder is that it’s very easy to use and incredibly accessible to beginners. Plus, you have a variety of design tools at hand to create a great-looking small law firm website that will bring in new clients.
Even though SITE123 is a simplistic builder, it has several features that I’m sure you’ll find most helpful:
- Blog and SEO tools – get your website to consistently figure high on search engine results and educate your potential clients
- Mobile-device friendly templates – give your clients the best experience no matter what device they use
- Testimonial sections – testimonials are more credible than ads. This can build trust between you and your future clients
- Consultation booking – let your clients book appointments with you directly from your site
- Law-focused themes – choose between professionally made templates that will suit your lawyer website best
Creating a law firm website with SITE123
- Building a website – after picking the type of website you want to create, SITE123 will generate you a website
- Templates – choose between 180+ templates for all kinds of websites. SITE123’s Legal Services category includes designs for both lawyers, law firms, and attorneys
- Section-based editor – SITE123 offers a somewhat limited editor, but it does work extremely well and makes editing your website very easy
Creating a law firm website with SITE123 is a speedy process. After creating your account, you have to click on the button that says New Website in the top-right corner of your dashboard, and you can get to work.
The first thing you have to do is let SITE123 know what type of website you want to build. You won’t find anything specific to the legal niche, so the business category is the next best thing.
SITE123 will then pick a random template from that category. Don’t worry though, there are a few dedicated templates, and you can make all the changes that you want once you reach your editor.
SITE123’s editor is potent enough for you to be able to change the template to something more pertinent to your law firm. Plus, you can mix and match different sections, play with colors and fonts, and add other needed functionalities. While it’s not flowing with design flexibility, that makes it accessible to absolute beginners.
To access features that you might need, you’ll have to click on the Pages button in the menu at the top of the editor. For instance, you can add a Booking page where visitors can schedule an online consultation. You’re free to edit your service listings as you see fit.
SITE123 also allows you to add a page for testimonials. It can be a fantastic tool to build trust and reputation. New clients are more likely to form a better opinion based on previous clients' reviews.
You can also add a blog to write articles. This helps to educate your current and future clients and build your online presence. You can also optimize the blog posts to bring in more organic traffic with custom SEO guidance.
Along with that, SITE123 comes with a great tool called SEO Adviser. It’s a simple yet useful tool that can audit your website’s content and lets you know what you need to optimize for better search engine ranking – Homepage Meta Tags, Sitemap, and Favicon (that small icon that will appear next to search results when people search for your website online)
All in all, I’d say that SITE123 makes for an excellent choice when it comes to law firm website builders. It’s easy to use, there are plenty of templates related to the legal niche, and the tools you have at hand can assist with running a successful website.
SITE123 has a free version, but it won’t get you very far. It’s limited. That’s why you should go for one of the 5 available premium plans. All plans come with a free domain for one year. Plus, you can connect your own domain and remove the SITE123 floating tag you see when you use the free version. Obviously, the plans differ:
- Basic - $7.80/month – 10GB storage and 5GB bandwidth
- Advanced - $13.80/month – 30GB storage, 15GB bandwidth, 1000 mailing list messages, 2 mailboxes, and 1 additional language
- Professional - $19.80/month - 90GB storage, 45GB bandwidth, 2500 mailing list messages, 5 mailboxes, and 3 additional languages
- Gold - $25.80/month - 270GB storage, 135GB bandwidth, 10k mailing list messages, 10 mailboxes, and 5 additional languages. eCommerce features limited to 500 orders per month are provided as well. Credit card gateways and website statistics too
- Platinum - $56.25/month - 1000GB storage, 1000GB bandwidth, 50k mailing list messages, 25 mailboxes, and unlimited languages. Advanced eCommerce features, SEO Advisor, multi-currency, and abandoned cart recovery are also added to the list
For an informational law firm website, go for the Basic plan to look professional. However, if a big blog and functionalities like scheduling are on your list – the Advanced plan is much better
- Beginner-friendly website management tools
- Templates for law niche specifically
- Streamlined blog management
- The editor can be too simplistic
- Scaling up can get expensive
GoDaddy Website Builder
|Price||Starts from $7.99/month|
|Features||Testimonials pages, contact forms, online appointments, SEO tools|
|Best for||Business centered websites|
GoDaddy is a business-oriented website builder, but it fits like a glove for law firms. You’ll find unique templates for your niche that are adaptive to all devices, and the editor is easy to use. Plus, GoDaddy has an innovative Insight tool that helps you improve your website’s SEO.
Among the many features GoDaddy Website Builder has to offer, here are the most significant for law firm and lawyer websites:
- Blogging – accompanied with SEO tools, it helps to gain new customers and build an authoritative online presence
- Testimonial page – include your customers’ reviews about your work to bring in other clients
- Contact forms – your clients will be able to quickly message you right from your website
- Online appointments – let your clients book time with you and reduce the workload related to scheduling and time management
- Responsive design – your website will look great no matter what device your clients view it on
Creating a law firm website with GoDaddy Website Builder
- Building a website – to create a new website, you’ll have to choose the type of website you’d like to create. Surprisingly, GoDaddy has several law-related categories, so you can be very specific
- Templates – GoDaddy offers 20+ layouts for websites. While there are no specific law-related templates, any kind of layout would work well
- Section-based editor – the editor, while quite limited, has all the necessary tools for you to create a website that truly reflects on your firm
While GoDaddy Website Builder is a business-oriented platform, it’s effortless to use and great for any kind of niche. First, you’ll have to create an account and get started with your website.
The first thing you’ll be asked is what type of website you want to build. GoDaddy has a few law-related categories. Depending on what kind of field you specialize in, be it immigration law or family law, it can give you what you need. I found that impressive.
Once you take your pick and name your website, you get to meet your future website and the editor.
GoDaddy’s editor is section-based, not at all cluttered, and you can find pretty much everything you need in the menu on the right. To add a page, you have to click on the plus button.
Now, adding and editing sections is pretty straightforward. Whenever you move the cursor on your website (within the editor), you’ll see a button appear. Click on it, and you’ll get a section menu on the right. From there, you can add a needed functionality, such as a scheduling page so that visitors can book appointments online.
You can also add a contact form to your page, which will not only give a very professional look to your overall site but also make it extremely easy for new clients to get in touch with you.
From the same menu, you’ll be able to create a blog and add a subscribe page so that clients or simple visitors can receive your newsletter via email.
As far as SEO and marketing go, you don’t have to bother too much because GoDaddy takes care of everything. For one thing, GoDaddy offers a powerful tool called GoDaddy Insight. It gathers data from websites with your specific niche, in this case, lawyer websites. Based on that data, it can make suggestions on what you should do with your website in your specific niche to rank better than the other law websites on the web.
The bottom line is that GoDaddy Website Builder is an excellent choice for attorneys or anyone working in the legal field. It’s easy to use, the niche-specific templates look professional, and you don’t have to invest a lot of time and effort in creating a successful website.
GoDaddy website builder pricing
GoDaddy Website Builder comes with 4 premium plans. Plus, a free one is available for testing the builder’s capabilities. All premium plans include a free SSL certificate, a free domain for one year, a PayPal button, on-the-go editing, GoDaddy Insight, and online scheduling. As for what’s specific to each of them:
- Basic - $7.99/month – 1 social media and listing platform, 5 social posts/month, 100 marketing emails, and basic design options
- Standard - $11.99/month – SEO tools, 3 social media and listing platforms, 20 social posts/month, 500 marketing emails, and basic design options
- Premium - $15.99/month – online payments, recurring bookings for events, SMS alerts for new appointments, unlimited social media and listing platforms, as well as unlimited social posts and 25k marketing emails. More design options are provided as well
- ECommerce - $19.99/month – All the features from Premium, except that it comes with eCommerce features
The Standard plan is the best plan for a law firm website. You have all the necessary tools you could possibly need for a law firm website.
- Professional-looking templates
- Built-in SEO and marketing features
- Lacks in-depth customization
Best law firm website builder – final recommendations
The options I described above stand out in the market for their incredible features that are extremely useful for law firms. And now, just to have a fresh view on things, here’s a quick recap of the best law firm website builders and their key strengths.
- Zyro is a cheap law firm website builder with good-looking templates and some helpful AI tools
- Squarespace is a premium website builder for lawyers that want a professional look for their website
- Wix has admirable design flexibility, gorgeous templates, and features useful for law firms
- SITE123 was designed with beginners in mind. It’s simplistic, which makes it incredibly easy to use
- GoDaddy Website Builder is a business-oriented platform that comes with everything a lawyer website might need
If you feel like there is something missing from all of these builders, I suggest you look into our list of best website builders overall – maybe you’ll find a hidden gem. And to polish that gem, check the features it offers and which of them are the most important for a law firm website builder – below you’ll find a guide on what exactly you should be looking for!
Most important features for law firm website builders
There are a ton of website builders out there. You must first have a bit of knowledge to make an informed decision. That’s why I’m here. In this section, you’ll find all the necessary factors you have to consider when looking for the best law firm website builder.
So, here’s what a website builder should have in order to handle a law firm website:
- Ease of use – a website builder that is complicated to use pretty much beats the purpose of a website builder. Website builders have to be easy enough to quickly get around so it wouldn’t take much time for you to get your website live. If you have difficulty with a builder, you might as well learn your way around WordPress, after finding a good law firm web hosting. Perhaps in our list for best WordPress hosting providers?...
- SEO tools – optimizing your website is of the utmost importance because it can make or break your online presence. Organic traffic is essential, so SEO tools are a must.
- Contact forms and pages – a contact page that allows future clients to message you is definitely a plus. A lot of people have questions before calling or booking an appointment. A contact form solves precisely that, not to mention, they are able to do that in just a few clicks.
- Online booking – it’s easier for some to talk to you in person than over the phone. Online booking lets your clients book a consultation effortlessly. This ease of use will make it more appealing to new clients.
- Blogging tools – a blog makes a huge difference for your search engine optimization. You can include all the necessary keywords in your blog posts to rank better. Plus, it’s good to have pertinent information on your website.
- Mobile-friendly templates – you never know how a person will find you, so it’s best to prepare your website for all kinds of devices to give your clients the best possible experience.
As long as you find a website builder that can offer you all of that, you’ll have a solid start to build a good website, perfect for a law firm.
Law firm website builder FAQs
What is the best law firm website builder?
The best law firm website builder is the one that gives you all the necessary features to create a successful website. On our list, Zyro offers the best ratio in terms of features and value.
What should be on a law firm website?
A law firm website should include quality content, information about the services offered, an about page with achievements, testimonials, a contact form, online booking, a blog, and the location of your firm.
How much does a law firm website cost?
The cost of a law firm website depends on the website builder you choose. It can cost as little as $2.90/month if you choose Zyro, or it can be $14/month if you go with GoDaddy Website Builder.