Best website builder for designer portfolio in 2024
Graphic designers that are looking to build a website usually require having a lot of artistic freedom. That’s because your site’s end result says a lot about your skills.
So when choosing a website builder, it’s important to take a look at how much design flexibility it offers as well as the templates and features it includes.
To help you find the best solution for your needs, we researched dozens of website builders. We tested their editors and took into account the resources they offer. Continue reading to find out the 5 best website builder options for designers.
5 best website builders for graphic designers
- Hostinger Website Builder – best website builder for graphic designers overall
- SITE123 – easy to use graphical website builder
- Wix – flexible and feature-packed designer website builder
- Squarespace – best website builder with rich built-in features
- GoDaddy website builder – business-focused website builder for designers
📢 LIMITED OFFER: Get Hostinger Website Builder, now 78% OFF + 3 months FREE!
Best website builder for graphic designers – our detailed list:
After exploring a broad list of website builders, we researched many reputable providers to determine which ones stand out for graphic designers. We checked the resources and templates they offer and tested the editors of the services. Here are the detailed evaluations of our best website builders for designers.
1. Hostinger website builder – best builder for graphic designers overall
|Contact forms, consultation booking, SEO and marketing tools
|Affordable website building for graphic designers
|🔥Get Hostinger Website Builder, now 78% OFF + 3 months FREE!🔥
Hostinger Website Builder swiped one of the top spots because of its cheap prices and an ability to quickly build a professional-looking graphic designer website. It has 130+ gorgeous templates and useful marketing and SEO (search engine optimization) tools for gaining visibility online.
Here are some of Hostinger Website Builder's main appeals for websites of graphic designers:
- Over 130 professional-looking templates – simple yet sleek templates with a number of them dedicated to designers. They are modern-looking but unobtrusive enough to keep the spotlight on your work,
- Easy to integrate contact forms and live chat for improved customer experience,
- Marketing, SEO, and analytics tools to make it easier to rank on search engines, drive traffic, and lead conversions,
- Very simple to implement stunning gallery layouts for people to navigate through your work. You can pick between grid or masonry layouts and, on top of that, you can adjust gaps between images, items per row, and more.
To put it simply, Hostinger Website Builder provides graphic designers with simple to use features.
Building a graphic designer website with Hostinger Website Builder
Hostinger Website Builder is an excellent choice for quick and steady website building. You can choose a template and build a site using the drag-and-drop editor or start with a completely blank page.
When it comes to template selection, Hostinger Website Builder offers a selection of over 130 template choices available. The themes are clean, minimalistic, and very easy on the eye. While there’s no category dedicated to graphic design or designers, dozens of them are ideal for such websites or could easily be customized to fit. There are also 8 templates in the Portfolio category that can be a great alternative to showcase your work.
After you click on “Start Building”, you’ll be taken straight to Hostinger Website Builder's editor, which is exactly what you’d expect from a top-tier visual website builder. Being a simple drag-and-drop editor, it uses a grid system and you can add or adjust pre-designed sections and elements. This includes uploading images, creating photo galleries, or contact forms.
In any case, the editor is intuitive and foolproof since there’s only so much you can customize. So, graphic designers who want more space for creative freedom might find it slightly restrictive, but you can’t really fault Hostinger Website Builder for basically guaranteeing that all of its sites will look good and professional.
Overall, building a professional-looking site with Hostinger Website Builder is a joy. The process is as easy as it gets with its contemporary templates and beginner-friendly editor. For more information about this builder, read our full Hostinger Website Builder review.
Hostinger Website Builder pricing
Hostinger Website builder has one plan for 12, 24, and 48-month billing cycles – at just $2.69/mo. As usual, the renewal rates will be higher. With this service, you get an all-in-one package. This includes the full-on website builder and a market-leading hosting service.
The plan lets you connect a custom domain and come with a 100 professional business email accounts, unlimited SSL certificates as well as access to basic SEO, blogging, and artificial intelligence tools.
2. SITE123 – simple to use website builder for designers
|Testimonial sections, consultation booking, SEO tools
|Quick website building experience
|🔥SITE123 coupon 40% OFF!🔥
SITE123 elbows its way on to this list by offering quick and simple website creation plus lavish functionalities. The setup process is swift and super straightforward. Additionally, SITE123 also spoils its users with great SEO and solid marketing tools.
Here are the highlights of SITE123:
- 160+ responsive and mobile-friendly templates,
- Live chat functionality for easier communication with your site’s visitors.
- Multiple payment gateway integrations for sites on the Professional and more expensive plans. Meanwhile, other subscriptions offer PayPal only. Great for selling your works or services online.
- SEO Adviser tool that analyzes your site and provides improvement tips to help your site rank higher on search engines. Plus, its marketing integrations are also helpful for increasing brand awareness.
Creating a functional website with SITE123 is simple because it provides you with all the necessary tools.
Building a graphic designer website with SITE123
Mixing and matching pre-made templates is the fastest way you can launch your mobile-friendly SITE123 website. Plus, it helps that the builder’s editor is very straightforward.
SITE123 has over 160 templates. But, they’re actually just different arrangements of dozens of content blocks. So, they do look rather similar to each other. Although, you’ll see variations in terms of layouts, fonts, color schemes, and more.
SITE123 doesn’t have dedicated templates for design, but the Creative Arts category features over 10 templates that you can customize for your portfolio or services.
Opting for one of these templates is the easiest and fastest way you can get your graphic design site online. Then, add, remove, or rearrange the blocks to reflect your artistic style.
Sure, you won’t see anything earth-shattering but your site will still look good. Plus, the templates are mobile-friendly and you can even edit how your site looks on mobile devices.
Speaking of editing, SITE123’s editor is very simplistic. It shouldn’t pose any problem even to a complete rookie. And, while the builder doesn’t allow many editing options, you can still absolutely change the basics.
Things like images, alignments, colors, fonts and all other small elements can be easily modified. Just click on the edit button and you can get to work.
In a nutshell, SITE123 has gone all-out to simplify and accelerate the website-creation process. Everything is as easy as it could be with this code free website builder. And, if you want an in-depth review about this provider, check out our post about SITE123.
SITE123 offers a free plan in addition to 5 premium plans that cost between $12.80/mo and $45.00/mo. The free plan is severely limited and is a no-go if you want anyone to take your graphic design site seriously.
Investing into any one of the paid plans of SITE123 is a better option. All 5 include the ability to use custom domain names, free domain for a year, and removal of SITE123’s floating tag.
Here’s which plans of SITE123 I’d recommend:
- Basic ($12.80/mo) – excellent choice for general needs like displaying your portfolio. It comes with 10GB of storage and 5GB of bandwidth as well as basic eCommerce functionality.
- Professional ($17.28/mo) – great for full-blown business and eCommerce tools. It comes with 90GB of storage, 45GB bandwidth, 5 mailboxes, and the ability to accept 500 orders per month.
A longer buying term will yield cheaper prices. And, if you’re in for the long run, SITE123 even has a 120-month subscription, which offers the cheapest prices.
3. Wix – feature-rich website builder for graphic designers
|Google My Business, online scheduling, SEO and marketing tools
|100% customizable website building
|🔥Get Wix with 50% OFF!🔥
Often referred to as the best creative website builder, Wix provides complete freedom to create a truly unique graphic design website. Additionally, it also comes with ample functionalities as well as hundreds of sleek and modern template options.
This is where Wix truly shines:
- Over 900 designer-crafted templates that are responsive and stunning-looking,
- Strong marketing and SEO functionalities, featuring everything from branded email campaigns, ad campaigns, and social media integration to SEO Wiz app,
- Hundreds of built-in/third-party functionalities and apps that cover extensive ground and include live chat, bookings, animations, 3D effects, and more,
- Wix Pro Gallery lets you showcase your work in a variety of ways. Advanced gallery settings are available to better reflect your vision.
While Wix stands out with its template assortment, the builder’s versatility also makes it a great choice for anyone.
Building a graphic designer website with Wix
With Wix, you are free to design your graphic designer website however you like. You can choose between a template or the Wix AI tool which can build a website for you. Both options are extremely easy and intuitive, but the latter offers an even easier route.
To start, you can build a sleek and simple website in minutes with Wix’s Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI). Just answer a few questions and the builder will generate a website. Of course, you’re free to make any edits to the outcome to achieve the best possible final result.
Alternatively, you can also go the template route. Here, you first select a template from Wix’s 900+ options. Speaking of which, the templates are quite a sight. Modern, vibrant, and aesthetically pleasing, they cater to multiple purposes, including creative arts and portfolios. Wix even has a Graphic & Web category with over 10 templates available.
Once done, you can then customize the site with Wix’s drag-and-drop editor. You can easily insert elements like images, galleries, interactive videos, and more. Design-wise, color palettes, background images, effects, and more can easily be changed, too.
We must say, the editor is unparalleled. It’s intuitive yet allows so much freedom and flexibility. In fact, the editing possibilities are endless and you can easily transform your website into a truly unique one.
Offering 2 easy setup options, beautiful templates, and a powerful editor, Wix underscores the very best benefits of creating a site with a builder. If you want to find out more, check out our in-depth Wix review.
Wix offers 4 plans – from free to $159.00/mo. 3 out of 4 plans include eCommerce features.
All paid plans include a free domain, ability to connect a custom domain, as well as Wix ads removal.
Here are my recommendations for designers:
- Light ($16.00/mo) – includes 2GB of storage and 30min of video time. Its storage limit is a bit limited but still sufficient for a small personal portfolio.
- Core ($27.00/mo) – 50GB storage and 5h of video time, making it a good alternative to the Light plan. Plus, you get basic eCommerce features too.
- Business (32.00/mo) – 100GB storage and 10h of video time. This subscription fits best for selling works or services online. It offers more eCommerce features, than Core.
- Business Elite (159.00/month) – unlimited storage and unlimited video time. This plan is best suited for a graphic designer agency looking to sell fits best for selling products or services on a large scale.
Ultimately, it all comes down to whether you plan to grow a business or just want a place to showcase work samples.
4. Squarespace – website builder for professional online presence
|Scheduling, Google My Business, SEO and marketing tools
|Professional-looking graphic designer websites
|🔥Get up to 30% OFF Squarespace!🔥
For a solid website building experience, there’s no better candidate for gorgeous graphic designer websites than Squarespace. Having the most creative and stunning templates out there, many have fallen for this online website builder. Plus, Squarespace also charms with its abundant built-in features as well as advanced marketing and SEO tools.
Here’s how Squarespace stands out:
- Over 110 outstanding and professional-looking templates to cater to different needs and styles,
- Possibility to implement live chat and contact forms for customers to get in touch with you easier,
- Easy to use built-in SEO tools as well as advanced marketing tools for boosting traffic and engagement. This includes promotional pop-ups, banners, and website analytics,
Not only using Squarespace brings only satisfaction, the builder has all of the fundamental features that a website needs.
Building a graphic designer website with Squarespace
With Squarespace, you can be sure of an easy building process for graphic design websites. Squarespace’s drag-and-drop editor is a breeze to navigate with its sections and blocks building system. Plus, its stunning template selection is a must-mention, too. With the 2 combined, you can create an impressive and professional-looking graphic designer website in no time.
For starters, Squarespace has some of the best templates in the industry. Its selection might not be the most extensive at a bit over 110 templates, but it’s always better to offer quality over quantity. The Art & Design category offers over 40 designer-crafted templates.
The templates that are offered are absolutely beautiful. Minimalistic, contemporary, and sophisticated, your work will be displayed in the best light. Alternatively, you can also start with a blank canvas if you want to flex your design muscle.
Squarespace’s editor is no slacker, either. Here, you can effortlessly add, remove, and rearrange dozens of blocks as well as sections to suit your fancy. Everything is straightforward and intuitive.
The only small red flag is that you can only putter around within the provided grid. Sure, more free-spirited designers might find that a hindrance to creativity. But, on the flip side, it’s a good way for Squarespace to stop some inexperienced users from completely screwing up the design.
With its knockout templates and responsive yet easy editor, Squarespace is a tough one to beat. For more details about Squarespace, check out our full review.
Squarespace offers 4 plans, ranging from $16.00/mo to $49.00/mo if you opt for its annual subscription. The provider doesn’t have a free option but does offer a 14-day trial.
All the plans come with a free custom domain and SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth and storage, SEO features, and basic website metrics.
While more expensive eCommerce plans might be overkill for most, there are 2 plans perfect for graphic designers:
- Personal ($16.00/mo) – the plan is a good starting point if you just need a simple portfolio website. It comes with basic features but doesn’t offer eCommerce capabilities or advanced marketing tools.
- Business ($23.00/mo) – it’s a better option if you want to sell things like prints or merchandise online. A business-focused plan, it comes with advanced marketing and analytics tools as well as some basic eCommerce functionalities. One thing to note is that it charges a 3% transaction fee for sales.
5. GoDaddy website builder – graphic design website builder for businesses
|Testimonials pages, contact forms, online appointments, SEO tools
|marketing graphic designer websites
|Free 14-day trial
|🔥Get up to 33% OFF GoDaddy website builder!🔥
If you want a no-frills business-focused website builder for designers, hit up GoDaddy website builder. To appeal to the business crowd, the builder offers ease of use, clean modern designer templates, and a slew of marketing, SEO, and eCommerce tools.
Below are GoDaddy’s key features:
- 19 Art & Design focused and responsive templates,
- Built-in marketing solution with GoDaddy Websites + Marketing, which includes email marketing, social media tools, and GoDaddy Insight for more effective website optimization.
- Excellent SEO tools, including SEO Wizard for keyword assistance, alt and meta tags editing options, and more.
- Online appointment feature for Premium and more expensive plans. With it, you can provide your site’s visitors and customers access to your calendar to share when you’re available. Great if you do gigs like tattoo designs – you can chat about the expectations over a call.
Even though the template array of GoDaddy is quite limited, it has all the built-in necessities a site requires.
Building a graphic designer website with GoDaddy
Just like other top-tier website builders, creating a graphic designer site with GoDaddy website builder is an absolute breeze. It offers dozens of templates that can be customized to match your selected color scheme and style. Plus, the builder’s section-based building process also serves to increase its beginner-friendliness.
GoDaddy offers tens of templates covering various niches, including art and design as well as personal and blog. The builder templates themselves are stripped-back, clean, and very minimalistic. No award for groundbreaking design but certainly attractive enough even for a graphic designer.
Even though there are templates for personal use or photography that you can check out, we found that the Art & Design category features 19 templates that would work best for designers.
Once you have selected a template, you’ll be directed to GoDaddy’s editor for whatever customizations that you have in mind.
The editor is section-based and quite clearly made with beginners in mind. All you need to do is point and click to select and edit content boxes with elements.
The customization options are a bit limited, which makes the editor a two-edged sword. Its restrictions and limitations can be frustrating to advanced designers that want full control over all design decisions. But, if you’re business-focused and just want a good-looking site up as soon as possible, this is the most effortless way to customize the site.
In any case, GoDaddy ticks all the right boxes with its beautiful templates, beginner-friendly editor, and overall ease of use. For more details about this builder, read our GoDaddy website builder review.
GoDaddy has 4 plans that cost between $9.99/mo and $16.99/mo. There’s no free plan but you can give the premium plans a whirl for 14 days for free.
All 4 plans come with unlimited bandwidth and storage, a free SSL certificate, basic marketing and social media tools, and a professional Microsoft email for a year.
If you want some suggestions, I’d recommend:
- Standard ($9.99/mo) – with its appointment scheduling features and plenty of built-in SEO tools, it's a catch for graphic designers who are looking to build an online portfolio.
- Ecommerce ($16.99/mo) – excellent pick for when you want to diversify your website and sell online, accept orders, and more. It comes with advanced analytics, a bunch of eCommerce features, and marketing tools.
Standard and Ecommerce are your best bet as they’re packed with features and tools for all purposes.
Best website builder for graphic designers compared
|Hostinger Website Builder
|How many templates
|Price starts from
|Free domain name
Key principles for graphic designer websites
Considering the hours you spend on your design work, it’s only right and natural that it should be displayed in the best possible light that reflects your style, preferences, and goals. So, here are some key principles to keep in mind before you jump right into building your site:
Multiple ways to showcase your portfolio
Ideally, a website builder for designers should provide plenty of ways to display your work. This will help show the item exactly as you – the designer – have visualized it.
A provider that nailed this aspect is Squarespace, which offers slideshow, slider (carousel), grid, stacked designs, and even more – depending on the layout that you’ve picked.
Focus on quality
It’s tempting to put up every piece of your work to share with the world. But, that’s far from practical.
So, instead, narrow it down to only the ones that make you very proud. Ensure that each piece reflects your strengths and shows off your style.
But, to make things easier for yourself, look for a provider that offers unlimited storage with its plans.
For instance, Hostinger Website Builder offers unlimited bandwidth. This shouldn’t feed into the obsession to upload as many pieces of design work as possible. Instead, it helps to upload the selected pieces in the highest quality without sacrificing speed.
Make full use of SEO tools
If you want your website to be seen, you need to take advantage of all the available SEO tools.
Things like keyword assistance, meta tags, and more will help your site to attract more eyeballs and rank better in search engines. For that, creative website builders like SITE123, Hostinger Website Builder, and GoDaddy all offer great SEO tools.
Customization and style
When it comes to design, it’s vital that the website represents and reflects your own artistic style. Some website builders might be too restrictive to accommodate your flair while others can let you customize even the smallest details of your website.
A website builder for graphic designers has to provide enough design flexibility for users to release their potential and show off their skills. This includes having a lot of professionally-crafted templates, resources for a great kick-start, and more.
Our top pick for graphic designers is Hostinger Website Builder. It offers plenty of templates to unleash your inner artist and even provides you with AI tools. Plus, all of it comes at a low price of $2.69/mo.
More website builders guides from Cybernews:
Website builder for graphic designers FAQs
What website builders do web designers use?
Web designers use various website builders. If they’re building for clients, a simple drag-and-drop builder with attractive templates like Hostinger Website Builder is ideal. Alternatively, many web designers prefer builders like Wix and SITE123, which offer plenty of flexibility and customization options.
What is the best website builder for designers?
The best website builder for designers will depend on each designer’s preferences, styles, and goals. But, generally, Hostinger Website Builder is the best website builder for designers. It offers ease of use, plenty of professional templates, and abundant powerful features.
Is Wix good for designers?
Yes, Wix is good for designers. The website builder has over 900 stunning design templates and a very flexible editor that allows unparalleled customizations to reflect a designer’s style. Plus, it also offers hundreds of functionalities and apps.
Do web designers use Squarespace?
Yes, web designers use Squarespace, especially if they’re creating websites for customers or just want a quick and effortless way to get a beautiful site up. After all, Squarespace has some professionally-crafted templates to offer that fit great with graphic design portfolios.