This article is here to help you find the best website builder for videographers in terms of their templates, editors, pricing, and more. Additionally, you’ll learn some tips on how to make the best video portfolio website.
A website is a must-have for a videographer. Not only can it house all of your artwork, but it’s also a great platform to reach potential clients and even monetize your own work.
Are you curious to find out how you can get started?
Well, the easiest and fastest way to create your online presence is via a website builder. But, not all of them are equally great for videographers. A large majority can make and break all the promises of a quality service. And, of course, everyone wants their work to be showcased in the best light possible.
That’s why I’ve taken some time to test dozens of builders in terms of what they offer and for what price. I’ve narrowed the list down to 5 best website builders for videographers. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in.
Best website builders for videographers: ranked
- Wix – flexible and feature-rich website builder for videography
- Hostinger Website Builder – best website builder for videographers overall
- SITE123 – best website builder for video portfolio
- Squarespace – best website builder for professional videographer website
- Shopify – business-oriented store creator
If you’ve never built a website for videography before, you might not know where to start. In that case, feel free to jump straight to the guide on how to make a video portfolio website.
1. Wix – best website builder for videographers in 2023
|Features:||Google My Business, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for:||100% customizable website building|
|Current deal:||🔥Get an additional 10% OFF Premium Wix plans using code 'CyberNews10!'🔥|
Wix is the best website builder for videographers if complete freedom to create a unique and original videographer website is what you’re looking for. Perhaps the most powerful website builder around, it offers all the functionalities one could ever hope for.
Here’s why Wix is an ideal solution for videographers:
- There’s a Wix Pro Gallery that lets you exhibit your videos in a wide variety of ways. You get a responsive gallery and you can also customize advanced settings when it comes to layout and design.
- Hundreds of functionalities and apps – numerous helpful add-ons including slider layout, expanded view, YouTube Feed, monthly subscription services, right-click protection, and more.
- Robust SEO and marketing features – from branded email marketing, ad campaigns, and social media integration to SEO Wiz app. Wix is one of the best website builders for SEO, making it an excellent solution for gaining visibility online.
Building a videography website with Wix
You can build your videography website with Wix using either its AI tools (ADI) or templates. Both website building ways are quick and easy but ADI focuses on beginner-friendliness while the template method prioritizes customizations.
With ADI, your only role is to answer questions. The system will then generate a website that’s simple yet sleek and professional.
Otherwise, you can also build your site by picking a template from Wix’s 900+ modern-looking and professional options. Vibrant, stunning, and clean, they will ensure that your work stands out beautifully. Handily, many of the templates are designed specifically for video services.
After you choose the one you like, you can then customize the template to reflect your style with its drag-and-drop editor.
Speaking of Wix’s editor, it’s a powerful tool that offers excellent design flexibility. You can easily add, modify, and delete essentially every aspect of your site to up the uniqueness factor. It can be a little complex for users without previous development skills and it takes a little while to get used to. However, give it a little time and you’ll have no trouble navigating it.
For a videographer, Wix is an excellent choice. After all, its SEO and marketing tools are a great way to optimize your website, rank better in search engines, and, if you’re planning to sell your work, even lead conversions.
Also, the Wix Pro gallery will let you customize the layout and design of your multimedia gallery basically however you want. That’s why Wix is even one of the top builders for graphic designers as well.
Overall, building and editing a Wix videography site is a cinch with both ADI generator and the templates. It’s no wonder it’s one of the top nominees for the best website builder for videos. For more information about Wix, check out its full review.
Wix has 5 paid plans – 1 free and 4 premium plans. They’re priced between $16.00/mo and $159.00/mo.
The plans allow custom domains and the removal of ads. Plus, each also comes with a free domain and 24/7 customer support.
For videographers, I’d recommend:
Core($27.00/mo) – includes 5 video hours of video time and 50GB storage. It’s suitable for those who want to exhibit a few short movies. However, keep in mind that you can still upload all of your videos on YouTube and embed them into your website.
- Business ($32.00/mo) – thanks to its 10h video time and 100GB storage space, the plan is great for videographers. Plus, the included scheduling and other apps make it the ideal plan for business use too.
For a basic videography portfolio website, you can get a lot of mileage out of the Unlimited plan. But, while significantly more expensive, the Business VIP plan is more fitting if you want to monetize your website.
2. Hostinger Website Builder – cheap website builder for videographers
|Features:||Contact forms, blogging, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for:||Affordable website building for videographers|
|Current deal:||🔥 Get Hostinger Website Builder, now 75% OFF + 3 months FREE! 🔥|
Hostinger Website Builder snatches one of the top spots as it makes it extremely quick, simple, and affordable to build a sleek videographer website. You can choose to create a website yourself from scratch or select one of the 130+ customizable templates to help you kickstart your site. On top of that, it offers plenty of features, including various SEO tools and analytics. It’s an excellent option for those who are looking to build a functional videography website on a budget.
Here’s why Hostinger Website Builder is a crowd-puller:
- +130 simple, yet professional-looking templates that are excellent for showcasing your videos.
- Beautiful video gallery layouts to display your work in the most attractive way. Plus, the functional players allow for seamless navigation to improve user experience.
- Plenty of marketing, SEO, and analytics integrations to help boost search engine ranking and drive traffic to your website. Ultimately, a solid strategy to let your videos be seen by people all over the world.
Building a videography website with Hostinger Website Builder
Hostinger Website Builder pairs its modern responsive templates with a simplistic but functional drag-and-drop editor. The combo makes for a very fast website-building process that produces a clean and attractive videographer website.
Let’s start with templates. Hostinger Website Builder doesn’t have exclusive videography website templates. However, it has a selection of over 130 ready-made templates that are fresh, contemporary, and professional-looking.
Most importantly, you can customize the templates to fit regardless if you only need a videography portfolio website or if you’re selling your skills online.
Speaking of customizations, you want to get acquainted with Hostinger Website Builder’s drag-and-drop editor, too. The editor has a grid, is beginner-friendly, and very straightforward, meaning that it doesn’t matter whether you’ve built a website before or not, you’re going to dig it.
While there’s not a lot of room for artistic freedom, you can use it to easily add, remove, and rearrange pre-designed sections and elements. On the bright side, no matter what you do, you’re going to have a clean end result.
Hostinger Website Builder offers some good additions specifically for videography portfolios. That includes beautiful gallery layouts that are very easy to include. You can customize the gallery however you like, including choosing between grid and masonry layouts, adjusting items per row, gaps between the videos, and so on.
Also, be sure to make use of the SEO tools that can improve your portfolio’s visibility in search engines and lure more visitors.
With its neat-looking templates and intuitive editor, Hostinger Website Builder is definitely one of the frontrunners for the best website builder for videographers. If you want to find out more about the service, check out our in-depth Hostinger Website Builder review.
Hostinger Website Builder pricing
Hostinger Website Builder offers 1 plan which is called Website Builder & Web Hosting plan. It’s really budget-friendly, starting at $2.99/month, in addition, there’s a free demo version that you can try out.
The paid plan includes a free custom domain for a year, unlimited SSL certificates, unmetered bandwidth, and eCommerce features. In addition, you’ll be able to build up to 100 websites and get 100GB of disk space. Further, access to 100 professional business email accounts and Web Hosting services.
Hostinger Website Builder comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. More so, if you pick a 48-month billing cycle, it includes additional 3 months for free.
To get the best value, select Hostinger Website Builder’s 48-month billing cycle and get additional 3 months for free to enjoy unlimited storage and bandwidth resources – everything to get your videography portfolio an excellent kick start.
3. SITE123 – great website builder for video portfolio
|Features:||Contact forms, SEO tools|
|Best for:||Quick website building experience|
|Current deal:||🔥SITE123 coupon 40% OFF!🔥|
Quick and simple website creation with heaps of functionalities – that’s what SITE123 offers videographers. Alongside a super simple launch process, SITE123 also has great SEO and solid marketing tools in addition to visual-focused templates. It’s a great option for business use as even its cheapest plan allows selling online.
This is how SITE123 reels you in:
- Over 160 simple but still very attractive templates – you can effortlessly customize your site. Plus, SITE123 has tons of gallery options to showcase videos.
- Helpful contact forms – easily design a unique form using the 123FormBuilder plugin. This can help make it easier for your potential clients to contact you.
- The builder’s SEO Adviser app examines your site and provides tips for optimization to boost search engine ranking. Plus, its marketing integrations help to cement your online presence.
Building a videography website with SITE123
SITE123 has one of the fastest ways to launch a videography website: mixing and matching premade templates. Additionally, personalization could be done with its intuitive editor.
For starters, SITE123 has over 160+ mobile-friendly templates. These templates are simple but overall clean and attractive. You can find +10 suitable designs to choose from in the Photography section. You’ll likely notice that they bear some resemblance to each other.
Not to worry, though, as this can be easily fixed with SITE123’s easy to use editor. With it, you can easily customize the template with the addition, removal, and rearrangement of the blocks within.
This will help you produce a more unique videographer website that better highlights your video content. And, you can even edit the mobile version so you know your site looks on all devices.
With SITE123, you get different kinds of gallery templates that are customizable and can showcase your work in a bright light. If you focus on different video spheres, for instance, wedding and nature videography, you can also create separate galleries for them.
Moreover, you get to use the SEO Adviser app. It will go through your website and provide some useful tips on what customizations could help get your site higher in search engines.
To sum it up, SITE123’s website building process is as easy as it gets. Lack of technical, coding, and design skills shouldn’t pose any trouble here. If you’re interested in this website builder, you can find more information about it in our SITE123 review.
SITE123 offers 5 plans priced between $12.80/mo and $45.00/mo. There’s also a free plan but it’s only suitable for testing the deep waters that await in the premium subscriptions.
All 4 paid plans include the ability to use a custom domain, a free domain for a year, and the removal of SITE123’s floating tag.
For videographers, I’d suggest:
- Basic ($12.80/mo) – for general needs and if you’re selling a couple of services online. Ultimately, 10GB storage and 5GB bandwidth will only be enough for small professional portfolios.
- Professional ($17.28/mo) – offers a generous 90GB storage, 45GB bandwidth, 2500 mailing list messages, 5 mailboxes, and 3 additional languages. It also includes some eCommerce features, including the ability to accept 500 orders per month. The plan is sufficient for showcasing your best work or starting a videography business.
For best value, Professional is the way to go. You’ll get 9x more storage and bandwidth than the Basic plan. Plus, you get more business features, such as website statistics and eCommerce tools.
4. Squarespace – website builder for a professional videographer website
|Features:||Google My Business, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for:||Professional-looking videography websites|
|Free plan:||Free trial|
|Current deal:||🔥Get up to 30% OFF Squarespace!🔥|
Stunning templates, advanced marketing and SEO tools, and easy to use built-in functionalities – that’s what Squarespace has in its arsenal. Armed with everything one needs to build a professional website for business use, it’s no surprise that it’s a top pick for the best website builder for filmmakers and videographers.
Below are Squarespace’s main appeals:
- Over a hundred stunning and dynamic templates – for videographers, Wexley is often regarded as the best Squarespace template for video portfolio due to its adaptive mosaic for videos. Here, the layout adjusts to the size of your videos, creating a mosaic effect if they have different aspect ratios.
- Video Studio app – beautiful templates and customization tools to help you create short videos.
- Super simple customization, which is ideal not only for complete website building newbies, but also for busy professionals that need a website up as soon as possible. The editor includes great gallery features, which let you add blocks in a variety of layouts to fully maximize Squarespace for video portfolio.
Building a videography website with Squarespace
Squarespace couples its stunning template selection with absolute ease of use. With the builder, creating a professional and impressive videographer website is a breeze.
For starters, Squarespace’s 110+ beautiful templates obviously take center stage. The collection covers various categories, including photography, personal, CV, and professional services.
Minimalistic, modern, and elegant – these templates truly live up to the hype and will keep the spotlight on your work.
Complementing the templates is Squarespace’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor. With it, it’s extremely easy to add, eliminate, and shuffle blocks around according to your vision.
Just note that if you’re looking for full flexibility to exercise your creativity, you might find the editor to be a bit restrictive for that. However, you can be sure of a perfectly organized end result.
As a videographer, you want to have some gallery layouts to choose from. With Squarespace, you’ll be able to choose from 3 variants of each – grid and slideshow – layouts.
On top of that, the provider has an iOS app for video creation called Squarespace Studio Video. With it, you can create professional quality videos that would match your site’s branding and style.
Featuring phenomenal templates and a user-friendly editor, Squarespace has the winning formula to lure in videographers who are looking to get online fast. Check out it’s full review if you’re leaning towards this provider.
Squarespace has 4 plans, ranging from $16.00/mo to $49.00/mo. There’s no free plan but you can test Squarespace out with its 14-day free trial.
The 4 plans offer a free custom domain, SSL certificate, SEO features, and basic website metrics.
For videographer websites, these are the top options:
- Personal ($16.00/mo) – with its unlimited storage and bandwidth resources, it’s perfect for a simple online portfolio.
- Business ($23.00/mo) – an even better option if you intend to sell your skills or video content. A business-focused plan, it offers full access to the Video Studio app and comes with basic eCommerce functionalities. However, it does charge a 3% transaction fee.
Pay yearly to get the cheapest price. By doing so, you can save up to 30% annually on the Business subscription and 25% on the Personal plan.
I’d recommend getting the Personal plan. For $16.00/mo, you’ll have unlimited resources for an extensive portfolio or a small personal videography website. However, if you’re leaning towards a professional business website, a subscription to the Business plan is what you’re looking for.
5. Shopify – business-focused website builder for videographers
|Features:||Contact forms, SEO and marketing tools|
|Free plan:||Free trial|
|Current deal:||🔥 Try 3 months of Shopify for $1/month 🔥|
Shopify is on a list of the best website builders for videographers due to its immaculate ability to build a sleek site. While you can only choose among 9 free templates to create a quick website easily, Shopify also offers over 100 more layouts and designs for a convenient e-commerce site.
Here’s why you should consider Shopify for your website:
- Attractive portfolio templates. You can use Shopify as your best way to showcase videography work. Add images, galleries, use carousels, and customize easily.
- Diverse App Store. In the App Store, there are 8000+ apps to enhance your layout, design, performance, shipping possibilities, booking experience – you name it.
- E-commerce tools. You get a massive amount of SEO optimization tools, tax calculation features, and much more. With Shopify, you can focus on doing your videography magic because the platform takes care of the boring stuff – numbers, reporting, and math, so you don't have to.
Building a videography website with Shopify
Shopify is known for its ability to simplify complex website-building experiences. This platform is popular for its excellent ratio of advanced features and the ease of opening up and managing a virtual shop.
Shopify’s Themes shop offers over 100 template options. Most of them are already equipped with the default layouts that you can customize. On top of that, 9 sleek templates are completely free, providing equally great customization options as the paid ones. And you can definitely find templates for videography or portfolio.
Shopify gained popularity for its ease of use. You get a very intuitive interface, suitable for beginners and advanced users. For designing and managing your store, you get a section-based editor. It means that you’ll have a simple navigation experience while building the website.
And the left-side menu ensures you find every tool in one place so you can build your website in no time.
Regarding features, Shopify is one of the most feature-rich website builders available. If you’re a videographer and want to focus on showcasing your portfolio, this website builder provides you with numerous features to ease the ‘boring’ part. For example, you get the Automatic Tax Calculator, abandoned cart recovery, and heaps of payment options. Not to name SEO or analytics tools that can take your videographing business to the next level!
And if you need more features or apps, you can visit Shopify’s App Store and choose from over 8000 apps to enhance your business performance.
Overall, Shopify is certainly a tempting option with its attractive templates, SEO optimization tools, newbie-friendly editor, and excellent building experience with over 8000 complementary apps. If this builder caught your eye, you can check our full Shopify review.
Shopify isn’t the cheapest option but includes three plans with different pricing. Additionally, if you opt for one of them, your first 3 months will cost only $1/month. And you also get a free trial! But remember that apps from the Shopify App Store can cost you extra.
Here's what Shopify offers:
- Basic plan – according to Shopify, it includes everything you need to create a fully functional store and costs $29.00/month. You get 2 staff accounts, up to 1000 inventory locations, and basic reports.
- Shopify – this plan is suitable for bigger companies or videography accounts. It costs $79.00/month and includes 5 staff accounts and professional reports.
- Advanced – this plan not only offers the lowest transaction fees but also includes a custom report builder that you can adjust in the way it fits your performance tracking needs. For $299.00/month, you also get 15 staff accounts, so it’s perfect for large videography businesses.
And if you can't find yourself to fit in neither of these plans, Shopify offers even smaller and bigger solutions. You can get its Starter plan for only $5/month to sell through social media and messaging apps. In addition, this website builder offers Shopify Plus, starting all-in-one business experience at $2000/month for enterprises.
It depends on how big your videography business is. If you're ready to take your videographing business to the next level, then it's a great idea to opt for a Shopify plan that costs $79.00/month. This way, you immediately secure full-scale business features, professional reports, 5 staff accounts, and a smaller transaction fee.
Best website builder for videographers: final recommendations
There are tons of website builders in the market – some will blow your mind and others will cause you to blow your lid. In any case, this does mean that it’s that much harder for you to sniff out the best website builder for videography.
The good news is that any of the 5 builders in this article would do a good job. Here’s a recap of where they shine:
- Wix is flexible, powerful, and comes with extensive functionalities for videography websites.
- Hostinger Website Builder offers a cheap, easy, and feature-rich website builder for videography.
- SITE123 provides a beginner-friendly website builder for videographers.
- Squarespace delivers beautiful templates and ease of use for building videography websites.
- Shopify is the best builder for videographers who need comprehensive business features.
How do I make a video portfolio website?
Making a video portfolio website can be extremely easy. However, to keep things organized and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks, there’s a checklist on what you need to do.
Let’s take a closer look at the step-by-step:
Choose a platform
Meanwhile, if you want a fast and easy way to get your videography website online, a website builder is your answer. Here, there’s no need for coding or technical skills. We recommend Wix as it leaves much space for design and offers feature-rich services.
If you want full control over your videography website alongside robust blogging tools and extensive functionalities, pair hosting with WordPress.
Decide on the type of website
For an online video portfolio, it’d be great to get unmetered storage and bandwidth since videos tend to be resource-intensive. You can take a look at Shopify.
But, if you’re building a full-fledged business website for your videography, you’ll also need advanced functionalities like eCommerce tools and more. If that’s what you’re looking for, consider checking out Hostinger Website Builder, SITE123, or Squarespace.
Customize and showcase your videos
Make sure that your site’s templates are editable and that you have access to customization tools. This will help to ensure that your site reflects your style and showcases your work in the most flattering light. For the most stunning template choice, check out Wix and Squarespace.
Consider SEO, marketing strategy, and other tools
Things like email marketing tools, keyword optimizations, and social media integrations will help to solidify your online presence and expose your work to more people. The providers that offer plenty of SEO tools are Hostinger Website Builder, SITE123, and Shopify.
What should a video portfolio look like?
The best video portfolios might be utterly unique and one-of-a-kind. But, ultimately, they’ll still share some similarities such as a clean design, a gallery for videos, an accessible contact form, and a solid about me page.
Let’s check out the common ground in more detail:
- Tidy design. No matter your aesthetic and style, a video portfolio website should have a neat and tidy design. This way, it keeps the spotlight on your work and doesn’t detract or distract from your content.
- A gallery for videos is typically vital for video portfolios. For starters, it ensures that your work is fully accessible and available to view at one spot. Besides that, it also presents your videos in a visual and attractive manner.
- Easily reachable contact form. This will help to make sure that you’re accessible and contactable to your visitors. More importantly, if you’re selling your skills or videos online, it can help to generate sales as it ensures that your clients and potential clients can easily get in touch.
- About me page. This is where visitors, potential clients, and even current clients can learn more about you as a videographer and your story as well as your style.
These are the main things to include in order to create a functional videography website. However, the website is completely yours, so you are free to get your creative skills running and customize the site however you wish.
Best website builder deals this week:
Website builder for videographers FAQs
Which website builder is best for video?
The best website builder for video is Wix. It has ample templates to present videos in a flattering manner, a great editor that gives you much design freedom, and an ADI website generator. Plus, it lets you customize video galleries however you like.
Do you need a website as a videographer?
As a videographer, you could use a website to showcase and share your work. While social media platforms are great for reaching wide audiences, a website is more professional and can be used to sell your services and works.