Best website builder for political campaign: solutions for a professional campaign site
Are you a budding candidate searching for the best website builder for political campaign? I've covered 5 of the best options offering professional templates suitable for political websites, great value for money, and exciting features for the job. These are sure to make your website building process effortless!
Barack Obama was one of the first political candidates to leverage digital media for campaigning in 2008. Since then, the spending on digital political ads has been rising significantly.
Your website is the prime source of information for potential voters – a well-designed site will attract more visitors and let you engage with them easily.
Raise awareness about your agendas, let viewers convey their messages, and know they're heard!
Doesn't that sound like a plan? Well, my top 5 campaign website builder recommendations got you covered. These tools will help you beat your competitor websites without the need for coding!
Best website builders for political campaign: ranked
- Squarespace – best website builder for well-designed websites
- Zyro – best budget-friendly campaign website builder
- Site123 – beginner-friendly website builder for political sites
- GoDaddy Website Builder – simple builder for professional political candidate website
- Wix - best website builder for unrestricted customization and designing
Want to know more about a specific political campaign website builder? Jump to your preferred provider with this list! However, if you’d like to know more about building a campaign site, check out our list of things to consider.
|Features||SEO and social media tools, intuitive section-based editor, and donation buttons|
|Best for||Visually-attractive political campaign websites|
|Free plan||Free 14-day trial|
Squarespace is the top political candidate website builder if you wish to create a professional website with a premium web design. Besides, it has plenty of valuable tools for customized campaign flyers, built-in SEO tools, and social media marketing. Its plans start from as low as $14.00/month.
Why Squarespace is great for a political campaign website?
Squarespace lets you add blog posts and market your political agendas easily with its built-in features. Besides, its editor makes website building seamless!
- Valuable plans: The builder has 4 premium plans starting from $14.00/mo to $40.00/mo, and all of them bring great value for the price. You can opt for the Business plan ($18.00/mo) to conduct targeted campaigns, social media marketing, and send professional emails to potential voters. If you wish to collect online donations for your campaign, you will have to opt for at least a Business plan or higher. Besides, you can also opt for the 14-day free trial to experience its premium features.
- Visually appealing templates: Though it does not offer political campaign websites’ templates specifically, its 110+ modern templates are phenomenal. They are perfect for building a visually-appealing professional website for running campaigns and building a strong presence amongst the voters.
- Intuitive editor: Squarespace has an incredible section-based editor, making website building a piece of cake. Even if you are a beginner, the latest version – 7.1, has made work seamless for you. It lets you maintain consistent color, fonts, animation, and other elements. It even automatically generates SEO-friendly pages. Even though it does not offer a lot of scope for customization, you will get crisp results for editing your marketing campaigns.
- Donation buttons: Are you looking forward to collecting online donations through your website? Well, Squarespace makes it easy for you. With just a few clicks you can add the button to your site, edit the suggested donation sums, and connect 1 out of the 3 available payment processors (PayPal, Stripe, or Square). All donations will have a 0% transaction fee, given you choose one of the eCommerce plans.
- Wide-ranging built-in functions: From SEO and social media tools to email and contact forms, the provider offers plenty of built-in functions. Other powerful features include creating a schedule and adding your campaigns to a calendar. This can greatly help you streamline workflow among all the chaos. Moreover, you can track your audience closely with Squarespace analytics. It offers figures like the number of visitors, page views, and unique visitors, to get a better understanding of your website’s performance.
Overall, Squarespace is a great tool to build a political website. It lets you collect donations, edit the website effortlessly, and use advanced marketing features to reach your audience.
- 14-day free trial
- Every plan includes a domain and an SSL
- Easy to build with 110+ templates and built-in marketing features
- Switching versions is not possible once started
- Limited design flexibility options
|Features||AI tools, drag-and-drop editor, SEO and marketing tools, and donation buttons|
|Best for||Campaign websites on a budget|
|Free plan||Free 14-day trial|
Zyro is a budget-friendly website builder to create a political campaign website. With plans starting from $2.61/mo, you get a powerful and functional drag-and-drop editor with useful elements like SEO and marketing settings, as well as donation options.
Why Zyro is great for a political campaign website?
Zyro provides the cheapest website building plans you can get your hands on. Irrespective, the plans offer a broad range of features:
- Affordable plans: Affordability is one of the main reasons why Zyro deserves to be among the best website builders for political campaigns. Its monthly schemes range from $2.61 to about $14.31 a month. Besides, it has a 14-day free trial so you can experience all of its unique features. The Website plan is an excellent option for building a campaign website. It comes with unlimited bandwidth and storage space, advanced marketing features, and a free custom domain for a year. More so, this plan allows you to accept donations with Stripe.
- Professional templates: Though Zyro does not include political campaign website templates, it comes with 130+ stylish and responsive options. All of these templates are free, minimalistic, and can be easily customized to suit your needs.
- Drag and drop editor: Although Zyro is an entirely DIY political website builder, it's still very simple to use. It comes with a drag-and-drop editor, letting you create a website from scratch or edit a template exactly the way you want. It makes website building smooth, even for a beginner.
- Donation options: If you pick Zyro's Unleashed plan, you can easily receive donations with Stripe. More so, if you pick one of the eCommerce plans, you get to choose from a range of payment channels. Additionally, you can easily add the donation button to your website with a single click from the menu on the left.
- Seamless blogging: Another aspect that I liked about this website builder is its blog resources support. You may need to add multiple blogs to spread awareness as a political candidate, and Zyro makes adding bogs to the site easy. You can add a pre-made blog post or write on in its blog editor itself. Moreover, this website builder comes with a built-in AI writer, letting you generate SEO-rich content within a few clicks.
- Advanced marketing features: Despite the low prices, Zyro offers some pretty cool AI tools that can prove really great for building campaign websites. These include smart heatmap, social media integration, and content writing, along with SEO. The heatmap tool will let you place your campaign message at a location viewers tend to look at first. While the writing tool ensures your agendas are written without any errors, the SEO and social media marketing tools help promote your campaign.
Zyro is a simple website builder with a pocket-friendly price range. It is incredibly easy to use and lets you edit templates for creating a professional website within minutes.
- Budget-friendly plans
- Easy to edit and customize 130+ modern and responsive templates
- Multiple built-in features for a professional website
- 14-day free trial
- Limited customizing options
- Complex domain handling
|Features||Allows restricting parts of the website, multiple button options, section-based editor, SEO and marketing tools|
|Best for||Fast and beginner-friendly political campaign website building|
SITE123 is one of the best political campaign website builders due to its ease of use and wide range of available functions. It has a lot of templates to choose from for different types of websites. Additionally, the website builder offers a great variety of features like SEO tools, email marketing, and the ability to accept donations.
Why SITE123 is great for a political campaign website?
The website builder includes a free plan that allows you to try out the builder’s features and their suitability for creating free political campaign websites. However, switching to other plans will bring you various exciting features:
- Plans with multiple functionalities: If you wish to start a simple website, you might as well use the free plan. However, its plans range from $9.90/mo to $37.40/mo, which is worth it given its breakthrough features. Besides, the Advanced plan is hands down the best one. Apart from large storage and bandwidth, it lets you create multi-language websites and enjoy features like email marketing, amongst many others. With this, you can easily receive and send emails to potential voters and make sure your campaign runs smoothly.
- A range of responsive templates: The political website builder comes with a range of 160+ templates for all purposes. First, you can choose from the categories, including business, blog, community, photography, eCommerce, etc. Once you chose your preferred template, you can easily customize it by adding the action buttons and any additional features. Besides, the templates are responsive to all the devices, so you don’t need to worry about their functionality or providing voters with the best experience.
- Easy to edit designs: Even if you are a beginner with little to no know-how of coding and designs, you can edit the website effortlessly. You can change the color scheme, add pages, menus, and even mix and match different page templates. That gives you a completely customized website – though it may require some time to figure out.
- Plenty of built-in functionalities: SITE123 comes with multiple built-in sections, like contact details and forms, a blogging section, and various button options. From the add-ons section, you can add the donation form, scheduler, and even create polls to make your website more engaging.
- Advanced marketing tools: When running an online campaign, you often need to send messages to all your voters and prospects. Conveniently, SITE123 lets you broadcast emails to your entire email list. Depending upon the plan, you can send 100 to 10,000 emails a month, with the Advanced plan offering 1000 emails/month. Moreover, you can use SEO tools to ensure your site ranks well on search engines.
SITE123 offers a good blend of functionalities and ease of use, making it easy for beginners to create professional websites. With its SEO functionalities and premium templates, it makes for a great political campaign website builder.
- Free plan for trial
- Simple setup process
- Over 160 responsive all-purpose templates
- Advanced SEO and marketing features
- All the advanced features are paid
- Limited design options
|Features||Beginner-level editor, professional social media and marketing tools, email marketing campaigns|
|Best for||Professional political campaign websites|
GoDaddy is the best website builder for political campaign if you wish to build a highly-professional website with a simple approach. From affordable prices to easy editing and professional functionalities – this political website campaign builder has it all.
Why GoDaddy is great for a political campaign website?
GoDaddy comes with options like email marketing and social media integration, letting you spread your campaign messages to multiple social media channels. Its other features include:
- Plans with value for money: Be it the primary plan or an advanced one, GoDaddy's pricing is pretty affordable, especially for what you’re getting. If you're looking for a simple political website design, opt for its Basic plan priced at $6.99/month only. However, if you wish to go a notch higher, the Premium plan is for you. It's only for $13.99/month but includes all the features you would need for a hassle-free digital campaign. Overall, its 4 plans ranging from $6.00 to $14.00 offer appreciable features for creating a professional website.
- Professional templates: Though this website builder does not offer templates specifically for political campaigns, you can easily edit them to fit your needs. It has around 20 fresh templates that are unique-looking, responsive, and easily customizable.
- Beginner-level editor: When it comes to user experience, GoDaddy gets bonus points. It is easy to use with beginner-level editor options that are pretty straightforward, though not extensive enough for a pro designer. You get tons of options when adding buttons and sections like calendar, gift card, and PayPal, among others. Plus, it lets you build a custom campaign website by changing the theme, color, fonts, and other nitty-gritty.
- Top functionalities in every plan: Another feature that intrigues me is that all plans have all the essential functions such as scheduling social media posts and running email marketing campaigns, so you can even choose the cheapest one. For example, even the basic plan includes donation options, customizable contact forms, and scheduling options.
- Social media and marketing features: For a successful online campaign, you must go all-in with social media, and that's what GoDaddy is great at. It lets you connect all your social media accounts to the website. You can build a powerful campaign strategy with 25,000 monthly emails, SEO, Google Analytics, and other integrated solutions.
GoDaddy is a simple yet highly-efficient builder for political campaign sites. It gives you top marketing and integration solutions for social media, email marketing, and apps like Chatbots, event management, etc., essential for a trailblazer campaign.
- Affordable plans
- Excellent integration with third-party apps and social media platforms
- Free domain and an SSL
- A limited number of templates
- Not much scope for design customization
|Features||SEO features, 2 editors, social media integration, and email marketing tools|
|Best for||Unrestricted customization and designing|
Wix is the best website builder for political campaign for experimenting with designs and creating a visually stunning website. It comes with hundreds of templates, a beginner-friendly editor, and multiple professional tools for marketing and integration.
Why Wix is great for a political campaign website?
From in-depth customization to all-inclusive marketing tools, Wix has everything you need to create a professional political campaign website.
- Wide-ranging plans: Wix offers 4 website plans ranging from $16.00 to $39.00 a month. Additionally, you can try the free plan to dip your toes and feel the waters with the basic features. If you want to build a simple website, the Combo plan is ideal. It lets you enjoy a custom domain and other basic features without ads. However, if you wish to go all-in with professional campaigning, the Pro plan is for you. From logo maker and app integrations to advanced marketing tools, you can have it all.
- Tons of free templates: Wix offers a whopping 800+ free template designs, and I'm sure you can easily find some great campaign websites examples here. Besides, each of these is mobile-friendly, offering a seamless user experience to your audience no matter the device.
- Artificial design intelligence (ADI) or simple editor: Another unique aspect of Wix is that it gives you two options for editing – ADI and the simple drag-and-drop editor. With ADI, all you need to do is describe your requirements, and Wix will do its magic. It’ll create a website as per your needs, and you can tweak it up with the drag-and-drop editor. However, the latter option gives you the creative freedom to experiment and build a unique website from its multiple templates. You can pick the template, fonts, and create a custom website.
- Customizable buttons: Wix offers a range of integrations. For example, you may create forms with the platform's built-in form builder or use a third-party app, it's your choice! Additionally, you can create donation buttons for fundraising, chat with your audience, and conduct other events.
- Blog resources support: While it is not present in the free plan, you can easily add a blogging section to your website with any of the paid plans. Wix lets you create and edit SEO-optimized blogs, and integrate market tools for their promotion.
- Built-in professional tools: With Wix, you can build a robust online campaign within a few clicks. It offers a suite of SEO features, email marketing, and social media integration. Additionally, it has solid third-party integrations like Google Analytics available on the extensive Wix app store to further analyze and improve your site’s visibility.
With Wix, you can build a visually-appealing professional website that has all the tools needed for branding and marketing.
- Free plan for testing
- Over 800 all-purpose professional templates
- Wide app market
- You cannot change a theme once chosen
- Many third-party apps are not free
Best website builders for political campaign: final recommendations
To run an online campaign, you need a range of tools for digital marketing and third-party app integrations in your arsenal. These may include schedulers, chatbots, event management, social media, and email marketing among others. Check out the quick review of the best website builders for political campaign websites and their top features.
- Squarespace is a premium and easy-to-use website builder for visually attractive political campaign websites.
- Zyro is an affordable political campaign website builder that offers many useful built-in and advanced tools.
- SITE123 is an easy-to-use political campaign website builder that comes with built-in marketing and SEO tools.
- GoDaddy Website Builder offers business-focused plans, for candidates and individuals looking to build a political website.
- Wix enables to create a highly creative and fully customizable website packed with advanced marketing options.
What to include when building a political campaign site?
I can understand how challenging it can get to build a website for political campaigns. That's why I've enlisted the major things to include in a professional political site.
- Professional design: While choosing the best website builder for political campaign, consider if you'll be able to create a clean, professional design with the tool. Check for the builder’s ease of use, customization flexibility, number of templates, and the functionalities you need. For example, Squarespace is an excellent tool for creating crisp, professional sites that are visually appealing.
- Surveys and petitions: Conducting surveys is vital for collecting voter databases and evaluating the audience demographics. Make sure the website builder has features like creating forms for a smooth workflow. Site123 and Wix are good options for creating custom forms.
- Online fundraising: Every website builder plan may not come with built-in donation options. If you wish to raise funds from your website, opt for subscription plans that allow the hassle-free collection of funds with a 0% transaction fee. Zyro is an excellent tool for this purpose with multiple payment channels.
- Analytical tools: From assessing the number of visitors on your website to checking the audience demographics, analytics can be really helpful for a political campaign website. Look for a web hosting service with integrated analytics tools like Google Analytics or built-in apps. For example, Squarespace offers a Squarespace Analytics feature for ease of use.
- SEO tools: Creating a website is not enough. You need to ensure your website ranks well in search engines like Google to reach a wider audience. SEO helps you reach the target audience by ranking for the relevant keywords. All the website builders mentioned in this post offer advanced SEO features. However, make sure to choose the right subscription plans.
- Email automation and marketing: Some plans may let you send only up to 100 emails a month which is too low for running an active campaign. You need to constantly update your supporters about the upcoming events, new agendas and send thank-you emails. Therefore, choose a plan with at least 1000 emails/month. Also, look for a builder that offers integration with social media and third-party marketing tools for running marketing campaigns. With premium plans offered by GoDaddy, you can send and receive up to 25,000 emails a month.
Best website builders for political campaign FAQs
How much does it cost to build a campaign website?
Building a campaign website can cost anywhere from $100 to $500 a year. Yes, if you take the DIY approach, you can get a website within a small budget. This will include the cost of the website builder ($3-$20+/mo) and domain name (~$10/year).
How do I create a website campaign?
To create a successful website plan, first, curate a concrete plan. Next, conduct a website audit and keyword research to boost your site’s SEO. Using the chosen keywords create relevant content and strengthen your social media presence with marketing campaigns. Lastly, provide valuable sources to your email list to build a rapport and conduct continuous analysis to ensure you’re on track.